It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Matt Gaetz Filing Charges Against Pelosi For Ripping Up SOTU Address

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

As an outsider, it looks crazy on both sides of your strangely, cavernously divided political system.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: 10uoutlaw

I don't want another impeachment, nor did I want this last one. I want him voted out in November.

You’re going to be seriously disappointed

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Oh for sure! This is fantastic! Oh the irony....

That's what she gets for being such a &!%@$

With any hope, she'll be reprimanded for her actions.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Hope you get that chance . It is better to leave it up to the American people

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Duh, did that juice junky just spell 'speech' wrong?

Sweat Home Alabama...

Peace

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Meh, considering how things are ran still, she'll mostly get a slap on the wrist, maybe not, who kmows.

I think the biggest takeaway was the optics, that alone was punishment enough.

However, I do believe, in my personal opinion, that she should at least acknowledge her error, I mean she did after all scream that the POTUS is not above the law.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Trump shouldn't do anything, Congress should. and if she is convicted. Trump should pardon her and take the high road.

i think she should be censured, at least.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:06 PM
link   

What Pelosi did to the SOTU address is what Hillary and the DNC did to Seth Rich & Bernie Sanders.

Coincidence?

NO.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Atsbhct

Who would want to live in a country where ripping up a printed piece of paper, surely there's orher copies, in an act of civil disobedience, classy or not, gets you charged, and the public crying for you to be tarred and feathered?

Wtf is going on with you guys? Are you okay?

Imagine a country where asking for corruption to be investigated gets a President charged and low-iq morons cry for him to be removed

Wtf is going on with you guys?

sounds like you answered your own question!! ie. low iq morons

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Ummm...what's become painfully obvious to me...is that this act was a direct and intended contravention and usurpation of not only protocol...but was designed also as a slap in the face challenge...

Not to the President and the Executive branch...

To YOU...

What are you going to do about it...?

As I seek to remove a duly elected President with false and spurious accusation...

Twice...

Not happy to merely shred the laws and Constitution of this country with lies and omission of exculpatory evidence...then using the court system to rubberstamp innuendo so that a coup can be hidden beneath the skirts of Lady Liberty...

I see now...how this Republic has fallen so far from what it's intent was at it's founding...it fell...not all in a rush...but in a slow motion dance of baby steps...little...incremental...baby steps...

And...YOU...are the obese enablers toddling around in those shoes...

IF...this is a chargeable offense...the way to start perp walking back these increments...is to set an example...

Are we a nation of laws...?

Or

Does a two tier system of representative judgement...not justice...actually now...openly...exist here in this country...?

So...you can all attempt to claim some high road and just brush this aside...like you've brushed every other step aside...

However...in the face of reclaiming our republic...I would say to you...begone enabler...

YouSir
edit on 6-2-2020 by YouSir because: I...likey...

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Her defense could be that she is in training for a leftist tough man competition.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The imagery of what she did is enough.
She shamed the House and the Country with her child like tantrum.
She can wear it.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
She can wear it.

THIS

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Charge someone under the statute requires corrupt intent .

Show me where it says that in the statute.

[quote]I hardly think using a sharpie on a map in an effort to save people is corrupt intent .

BS. Trump was trying to save his own face for saying out loud that the hurricane was headed for Alabama. It wasn't. But, he can't be wrong, so he altered a map and showed on TV during a press conference. Then, when the shtf he order Wilbur Ross to order his underlings to agree with the president's assessment.

Also, Trump is known for tearing up documents after he's read them, forcing his staff to scotch tape them back together, so they can be filed in the National Archives.

Maybe, if Nancy's copy of his speech is so important, which it is not because it wasn't "filed" with her, they can tape it back together!

Pelosi is in the clear, experts said, because her copy of Trump’s speech wasn’t a government record.
The State of the Union text was never "filed or deposited" with her, nor did she have "custody" of it in the legal sense.

www.tampabay.com...[editb y]edit on 6-2-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
I am a trump supporter, but this is stupid. Pelosi being Pelosi is punishment enough. Don’t give her a chance to be a martyr.

I say NO MERCY. Send her to Guantanamo.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime

I guess this goes here...

Re: "Road Side Bomb on her way home"

*Checks to see if a "Road Side Bomb" is the name of Pelosi's favorite alcoholic mixed drink*

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
She can wear it.

My brother from another mother! You sure know how to nail it 🤩

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

She should at the very least be reprimanded for violating multiple standards of decency and expected decorum. They reprimanded Joe Wilson for his SOTU outburst and that was a bi-partisan reprimand... time for the Democrats to separate themselves from the crazy and join their Republican lawmaker colleagues to actually tell Pelosi there are demands and expectations for behavior from the Speaker of the House and she violated both.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: neutronflux
I am a trump supporter, but this is stupid. Pelosi being Pelosi is punishment enough. Don’t give her a chance to be a martyr.

I say NO MERCY. Send her to Guantanamo.

They'd have to move the Muslims there if they did that as it is haram for them to share housing with dogs and swine.

posted on Feb, 6 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
She looked ridiculous and even those defending her are feeling a lil' ill about it.
I say she should just go missing. That's it.

"I don't know Sir, she just didn't show up for work today and no one can seem to reach her ---"

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join