It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 245
<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Since this is a conspiracy website, here's a conspiracy theory.

US proved bat corona virus could be altered to infect humans in 2018. So if they made a super virus, so what? They cannot control spread etc so it's just another doomsday device like nukes. But it attacks ACE2 in the body. Chinese have more ACE2, allegedly. Smokers have more ACE2. Poor air quality produces more ACE2?... China?

If that doesn't limit spread to Chinese populations enough, what about a vaccine? If US made this 2 years ago, they may have vaccine now. Most Americans have to have the flu vaccine. The poor would not be so fortunate, but those in power might see that as a positive.

No offence to Americans, I believe most of us have utter psychopaths in charge, it's not the people's fault.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67
Since this is a conspiracy website, here's a conspiracy theory.

US proved bat corona virus could be altered to infect humans in 2018. So if they made a super virus, so what? They cannot control spread etc so it's just another doomsday device like nukes. But it attacks ACE2 in the body. Chinese have more ACE2, allegedly. Smokers have more ACE2. Poor air quality produces more ACE2?... China?

If that doesn't limit spread to Chinese populations enough, what about a vaccine? If US made this 2 years ago, they may have vaccine now. Most Americans have to have the flu vaccine. The poor would not be so fortunate, but those in power might see that as a positive.

No offence to Americans, I believe most of us have utter psychopaths in charge, it's not the people's fault.

I got to agree with you on that. Power in the hands of the demented .

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind
it's members who rarely ever post saying this is "the apocalypse"!!

I haven't seen that word used. I've read through every page and if it wsas used, I must have missed it. So sorry for that. Can you provide some instances, please? But just because a thread gets a lot of attention, I don't think that makes it a bad thread. Just popular. You have to admit, with what's going on in China, it can cause people to have concern. It is, after all, unprecedented. You said you've seen posters coming out of hiding that never posted before or just lurked. I have seen that as well. But I'm seeing regular posters who posted things that I have respected suddenly turn into something I don't recognize. This virus seems to be affecting more and more people's attitudes and thinking than even you realize. To me, you seem like a totally different person than what I have been used to seeing on ATS. Could this thing being affecting your attitude as well? If it is, I wouldn't blame you at all. Just like I wouldn't blame anyone else if they starting speaking their concerns about this. Right now, I don't think we really know what's going to happen; one way or the other. But, anything COULD happen, that is a fact, and it's my opinion that most of the posters I see are just suggesting to be prepared and have supplies, just in case. That is good advice even when nothing is going on. Like I saw one poster say, and I paraphrase: "When you stock up, it's just shopping in advance. It'll even out in the end." I try not to make fun of people who are displaying their honest concerns. But the few users on here who just keep repeating it's a "nothing burger" are spreading misinformation in my opinion. Because they just don't know - nobody really does at this point. I apologise if this comes off sounding any other way than the nice way I mean it.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Tempussolo

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Guys the incubation period is now 24 days

Linky?

www.independent.co.uk...

Thanks. That is definitely not definitive. It plainly says the median incubation period is 3 days, then adds in parenthesis (0-24 days) without explaining how they arrived at the 24 day max range.

More importantly, the numbers are actually encouraging - 3 day average incubation period is much better than 14 days, and of the 1,099 patients in the study, only 55 (5.00%) were admitted to intensive care unit, and only 15 (1.36%) died.

Any deaths are bad, yes, but those numbers, compared to the fear-mongering going on right now by some here, are not really that scary.

93% of patients were still in hospital at the end of the period studied, so don’t be too comforted by the mortality rate, it’s almost certain to go up. The language of the study seemed to imply that once you become critical your chances aren’t good.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   
2-11-2020 TOKYO

THERE ARE 163 CASES OF CORONA VIRUS NOW IN JAPAN

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Brighton nursing home shut down after it's been discovered it was visited by healthcare worker diagnosed with coronavirus

www.carehomeprofessional.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: weirdguy
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Your post was responding to my earlier post, look at it.

So far in these two update threads, I've been called a shill, a hack, an idiot, an ass, a d!ck and accused of beating my late wife. I have also had my real life qualifications and experience as a microbiology lab technician poo pooed, because I questioned some of the misinformation and bad science being spread about the virus.

I'm all for intelligent debate, but this thread has gone quite sour. Enjoy the circle jerk, I'm out.

burdman30ott6 is taking sides, which as a Moderator he shouldn't be doing, but whatever floats their boat.

I'm taking the side that it's probably not a great idea to allow a small handful of individuals who seem fixated with rejecting anything but the official story to dogpile a member who is providing rational personal experiences and updates. Nothing that the member has posted is outlandish or far flung, and in case you weren't aware, ATS is a CONSPIRACY THEORY website which means anyone who decides to take the official story as the gospel is going to get a bit roughed up. Put on a heat proof apron or GTFO of the kitchen, basically. Some of the greatest moments in this website's history have come from people who stepped forward with personal information that expanded greatly from the cookie cutter half truths we were receiving from the controlled media. As a result, we tend to embrace an attitude around here that encourages those folks to share with us. Official story parrots are a dime a dozen and easily replaceable, people who actually know something and are willing to share that first hand knowledge aren't easily replaceable.

Also, as an aside, we don't moderate in threads we are personally participating in. When I tell you publicly to back off of someone, I'm doing so as a member of the site. When I tell you via PM to back off, I'm doing it as a member of Staff.

I notice the post about beating my wife has not been removed yet

I think the reason it hasn't been removed is because it wasn't personal, as I wasn't speaking specifically about your wife. After the loaded question you asked I used that perennial chestnut of "have you stopped beating your wife yet" to show how your question was prejudiced and there could be no answer that wouldn't come off sounding like you wanted it to. I think most posters realized what I was doing. But, if you think I was talking SPECIFICALLY about your wife, I wasn't, and I apologise for that. There might be some users on here who, when you said your wife had died, you need to provide proof or it didn't happen. According to your way of thinking, that would have been all right to do so. I wouldn't have asked that because if what you said about her truly happened and she really existed, that would possibly bring up bad memories. So just realize how you come off sounding sometimes makes people think you're making fun of them. If you're not making fun of them, maybe you need to apologise to them as well. Thank you for telling me your concerns.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

(post by weirdguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: musicismagic

Pretty sure most major cruise lines have satelite TV on board, meaning the passengers are receiving international TV broadcasts.
so if you cut of the net and TV people would go nuts

Let's hope the ships' gift shops have plenty of decks of cards!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Your reports are great keep them coming

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Scientists say the coronavirus can survive on surfaces like door handles and bus or train poles for up to nine days. The virus can linger on surfaces more than four times longer than flu, according to new research from Germany. Its much hardier than common bugs - shedding fresh light on its rapid spread. Surfaces that are frequently touched, like in hospitals or crowded Tube stations, are most likely to be harbouring the highly contagious disease. But the potentially deadly droplets can be destroyed within a minute simply through regular wiping with disinfectants such as Domestos.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Best use in gettingrid of this virus on surfaces is:

Tests showed disinfectants and bleaches containing ethanol, hydrogen peroxide or sodium hypochlorite are most effective.

The latter is the main active ingredient in Domestos.

Applied in appropriate concentrations they almost completely destroy the pathogenic particles.

Prof Kampf said: "As a rule, this is sufficient to significantly reduce the risk of infection."

edit on 11-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
Your reports are great keep them coming

Well, thank you very kindly.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Scientists say the coronavirus can survive on surfaces like door handles and bus or train poles for up to nine days. The virus can linger on surfaces more than four times longer than flu, according to new research from Germany. Its much hardier than common bugs - shedding fresh light on its rapid spread. Surfaces that are frequently touched, like in hospitals or crowded Tube stations, are most likely to be harbouring the highly contagious disease. But the potentially deadly droplets can be destroyed within a minute simply through regular wiping with disinfectants such as Domestos.

www.mirror.co.uk...

I've mentioned that what you posted is not good for those that take the elevators. In China now they use toothpicks to push the floor number. So, yes. Very bad . And you have the subways, trains and taxis to deal with.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:35 AM
link   

I know.

I'm surprised people havn't given up work yet in London. The trains are over-crowded every day for most of the day.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: that1lurker
a reply to: 727Sky

I feel so bad for those people. It doesn't seem to be slowing down on that plague ship.

I don't understand why the various governments of the passengers on that ship aren't working together to either find ways to offload them to better quarantine conditions or working to send in viral research and medical teams to handle the situation as it evolves and learn what we can from it.

This is as close to conditions on the ground in China as we have and it's being wasted.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That's likely what they've been spraying around in China. It won't work unless you send teams into the infected/contaminated premises to directly hit all surfaces, but at least it provides the appearance of doing something.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

www.mirror.co.uk...

I've mentioned that what you posted is not good for those that take the elevators. In China now they use toothpicks to push the floor number. So, yes. Very bad . And you have the subways, trains and taxis to deal with.

Any big city is going to have a very hard time. Not to mention any hospital. Currently local transmissions in Hong Kong are doubling every 2.8 days.

Hong Kong for example are running out of face masks for their front line medical personnel and reusing masks (incredibly dangerous since the mask will effectively be infected and become breeding ground).

China make the masks, so if they are struggling, it can be expected this will happen quicker elsewhere, taking down the front-line staff and entire hospitals.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OutsideContextProblem

In the earlier study of 138 patients who needed to be hospitalized the numbers were still understandable. And consider again these were patients ill enough to be hospitalized. This gives good idea of how things progress and breaks down who does and does not need ICU and how that breakdown works.

Not everyone dies, and it isn't sky high fatal. You can't even count on dying if you end up in the ICU.

Almost certainly some of their measures to contain this are making it worse in China in terms of the death toll and infection rates, and the higher infection rates are overwhelming their medical system which also creates issues with higher death tolls.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 06:49 AM
link   
IL: Student has died after battle with flu, pneumonia

Source: www.wandtv.com...

Student has died after battle with flu, pneumonia

CHATHAM, Ill. (WAND) - A school district announced the passing of one of its students Monday.

The Ball-Chatham School District is mourning the death of *name removed*, a junior at Glenwood High School. A GoFundMe page for *name removed* said he became sick with the flu recently, which later became pneumonia. He was in the hospital in critical condition after his organs began failing and oxygen stopped flowing to parts of his body...

Was it just the flu though? I've removed the name because I thought it inappropriate. My thoughts go out to the family and friends. I've seen lots of stories like this.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 242  243  244    246  247  248 >>

join