It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 247
<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

In other words, Canada doesn't want to deal with it, and they're letting Japan take the brunt of the problem.

If nothing else, this is a massive wasted opportunity. Where outside of China are you going to get such large pool of potential to study? China isn't going to give the WHO free access, but you'd have better luck getting team onto the ship to render medical care and do study at the same time.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pasiphae

I saw that flash up on my phone earlier in breaking news and it made me feel physically sick 😷☠

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:29 AM
link   
"Two Japanese citizens who had initially tested negative for coronavirus have now been diagnosed with the disease."

by CNN, however, it doesn't state how long after 1st neg. test, the confirming tests were made

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I don’t know if this has been posted yet or not, but China’s president, Xi, was out and about to boost morale. I recall awhile back in this thread that there were rumours he was sick.

Also, another example of the hero machine someone mentioned.

In a bid to boost morale, Xi was featured on state broadcaster CCTV's main news report Tuesday night visiting a community health centre in Beijing and expressing confidence in the "war against the disease."

www.cbc.ca...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a factor overlooked:

STAT News story titled "The Time To Worry Is Now: The Coronavirus In China Could Threaten Pharma's Ingredient Sourcing", besides the huge percentage of prescription meds we're already getting from China, over the past decade, China became a bigger player in the market for active pharmaceutical ingredients, which are the building blocks found in each drug, with China also home to 13% of the facilities that make ingredients for medicines sold in the U.S...

allnewspipeline.com...

the key word is 'Supply Chain & Supply Safety'...strategic & existential Factors which the USA has become lax about, in having 13%-30% of medicine pipelines relying on China (an avowed enemy state)

for instance...read your packaging of anti-bacterial ointments...bet cha it says Made in China....

also many ingredients of your Rx compound Meds are likely controlled/monopolized by China suppliers ! do we got a covert assassin in our medicine cabinets ?

edit on th29158142829811382020 by St Udio because: spacing for impact

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Like I've said before - this is currently the height of flu season and we are in a flu epidemic here in the states. When you get severe respiratory illness like the flu, pnuemonia is a common secondary infection.

I know it's tempting, but not every case of pneumonia death is going to be corona virus right now.

Quite right. Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye, though they could quite easily hide nCoV in other figures if they wanted to.

Stats for 'flu-like' cases currently looks like this for IL region:

source:
dph.illinois.gov...

Lets hope this is just a local outbreak of flu, and not the same across US or the world with up-tick that started early to mid Jan, and doesn't continue going up.
edit on 11-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

edit on 11-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: added detail

link   

a reply to: NxNWest

In other words, Canada doesn't want to deal with it, and they're letting Japan take the brunt of the problem.

That sounds about right.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Tucker had a segment last night and mentioned that. Another thing he pointed out is that the FDA has also evacuated all its inspection personnel, so there are no more QC inspections by US personnel on those things taking place over there.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
I find it so suspicious that the 'super spreader' in the UK has already made a statement and is supposedly cured?!
Did he have any symptoms?
It feels like releasing this statement is to quell fear in the UK public but it makes me uneasy for some reason...

Man linked to 11 cases issues statement
The man from Brighton thought to have passed the coronavirus to at least 11 other people after attending a conference in Singapore has issued a statement via St Thomas’s Hospital in London, where he is in quarantine. Steve Walsh, 53, – who has been described as a ‘super-spreader’ – said he had fully recovered.

I would like to thank the NHS for their help and care – whilst I have fully recovered, my thoughts are with others who have contracted coronavirus. As soon as I knew I had been exposed to a confirmed case of coronavirus I contacted my GP, NHS 111 and Public Health England.

I was advised to attend an isolated room at hospital, despite showing no symptoms, and subsequently self-isolated at home as instructed. When the diagnosis was confirmed I was sent to an isolation unit in hospital, where I remain, and, as a precaution, my family was also asked to isolate themselves.

I also thank friends, family and colleagues for their support during recent weeks and I ask the media to respect our privacy.

Also it has been said that a super spreader like him can be asymptomatic so could be why he feels fine, he's not recovered if he had no symptoms or issues....i guess unless he tests negative for coronavirus? Is this being done or confirmed? I want more info!

He went to hospital because he had flu like symptoms, so he did have some symptoms.

Very odd he's recovered so quickly, I don't buy it.

Unless he hasn't had any symptoms from the CV but had also picked up another bug, and he's managed to shake that one off.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: cirrus12
I find it so suspicious that the 'super spreader' in the UK has already made a statement and is supposedly cured?!
Did he have any symptoms?
It feels like releasing this statement is to quell fear in the UK public but it makes me uneasy for some reason...

Man linked to 11 cases issues statement
The man from Brighton thought to have passed the coronavirus to at least 11 other people after attending a conference in Singapore has issued a statement via St Thomas’s Hospital in London, where he is in quarantine. Steve Walsh, 53, – who has been described as a ‘super-spreader’ – said he had fully recovered.

I would like to thank the NHS for their help and care – whilst I have fully recovered, my thoughts are with others who have contracted coronavirus. As soon as I knew I had been exposed to a confirmed case of coronavirus I contacted my GP, NHS 111 and Public Health England.

I was advised to attend an isolated room at hospital, despite showing no symptoms, and subsequently self-isolated at home as instructed. When the diagnosis was confirmed I was sent to an isolation unit in hospital, where I remain, and, as a precaution, my family was also asked to isolate themselves.

I also thank friends, family and colleagues for their support during recent weeks and I ask the media to respect our privacy.

Also it has been said that a super spreader like him can be asymptomatic so could be why he feels fine, he's not recovered if he had no symptoms or issues....i guess unless he tests negative for coronavirus? Is this being done or confirmed? I want more info!

He went to hospital because he had flu like symptoms, so he did have some symptoms.

Very odd he's recovered so quickly, I don't buy it.

Unless he hasn't had any symptoms from the CV but had also picked up another bug, and he's managed to shake that one off.

Well he's still in hospital in isolation, so it would be interesting to see how he progresses. Is he still riddled with virus? Is his immune system going to come crashing down on him like a tone of bricks?

There was a similar German case early on. He seemed to suffer mildly and recover quick but I have seen no update on his condition. How's he doing?
edit on 11-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: (no reason given)

(post by AlbatrossMaker removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The first American evacuated from Wuhan with a confirmed case of the coronavirus was released from a hospital in San Diego after a test initially showed the person was not infected, health officials said.

The patient arrived at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego, California, last week on one of the State Department flights ferrying Americans from the epicenter of the new virus.

The patient showed symptoms of the virus but was released on Sunday back to the base after a test showed he or she and three others didn’t have the virus. New testing showed the patient did, in fact, have the disease.

www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: GoldGlobal

Oh yeah we haven't seen nothing yet this bad boy is just beginning; wait till June when the next set of eclipses start and we get the second wave of this

edit on 11-2-2020 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: logicsoda
Previously answered but again for those who missed it:

Testing for the virus is done via pcr test.
This is not a new test and is proven reliable, it’s done via nasal swab (from far back of nasal cavity by a qualified doctor (here in Germany!).
if not done correctly ie: by an untrained person it is unlikely to yield a reliable result !
testing via pcr takes 6 hours (again here in Germany!) to return the results, they are also testing for flu, rsv etc at the same time to confirm it’s not any flu like virus the patient has.
The pcr is a proven reliable method and is used for example to detect hiv and other viruses in blood transfusions and for other tests
Pcr test: en.m.wikipedia.org...
So testing is fast and reliable when the initial sample is collected correctly, false negatives etc are likely caused by human error (untrained or otherwise) at that time and not actual test related!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Asking why governments aren't falling all over themselves to study the cruise ship passengers is a great question. I know this is speculation, but hear me out...

What if 2019-nCoV is a bioweapon? What if all the testing has already been done and the results are classified? And what if behind the scenes, those results are being given secretly to all the world governments?

No government will ever publicly state this is a bioweapon unless they're forced to. It would cause panic.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

Like I've said before - this is currently the height of flu season and we are in a flu epidemic here in the states. When you get severe respiratory illness like the flu, pnuemonia is a common secondary infection.

I know it's tempting, but not every case of pneumonia death is going to be corona virus right now.

Quite right. Nevertheless, worth keeping an eye, though they could quite easily hide nCoV in other figures if they wanted to.

Stats for 'flu-like' cases currently looks like this for IL region:

source:
dph.illinois.gov...

Lets hope this is just a local outbreak of flu, and not the same across US or the world with up-tick starting early to mid Jan, and doesn't continue going up.

Kansas is largely the same. My 15 year old daughter had the flu for 5 days, 3 weeks ago. (she didn't have the flu shot, nor my other daughter or myself, just my wife). While no one else got the flu in our family, I did have a sore throat for a week, followed by 2nd week of coughing and sinus stuff. I went to doc and they didn't do any tests, but said it was viral and said it could last up to three weeks, and diagnosed me with acute bronchitis. I seem to be on the mend, but my 15 year old daughter now has a nasty cough, after being fine for a little over 2 weeks. Her sounds worse than mine and she is incapable of covering her mouth 100% of the time when she coughs. (eye roll). I told her I was going to put a mask on her. lol. I'm sick of this flu season. Ready for the humidity to return. Suppose to be an early spring, lets hope!

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
60% of 7.5 billion is around 4.5 billion

Wasn't the new death rate 4.9%?

I used 5, 225,000,000

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Husband has a lot of experience not with the PCR test directly but with reading and interpreting and trending PCR results in a QC lab environment.

The test itself is highly reliable at what it does, but only if everything is done right. Samples need to be prepped right and every step needs to be run correctly at the right time, right temp, etc.

From what was posted about it in the other thread on it, husband looked at that and says from what he sees they took pains to make sure the test would only detect infectious viral particles. So it should return accurate results assuming it is run correctly.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ShortBus

I would say yes on early spring, the robins are already back. Nature knows. They are back a few weeks earlier than normal this year.

posted on Feb, 11 2020 @ 08:37 AM
link   
On average, about 4,100 die monthly in the U.S. due to pneumonia. So.. wouldn't jump to conclusions based on nothing. Now, if the pneumonia cases jump high over what would be considered average for this time of (flu) year, I'd say we can worry. But if there are cases out there and the government doesn't know (or won't tell us), we probably won't find out for a couple of months.

new topics

top topics

<< 244  245  246    248  249  250 >>

join