It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 210
<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:32 AM
link   
4 min ago update on Diamond Princess cruise ship quarantine - they are still saying 14 days from Feb 4th, even though confirmed cases have been found after the 4th

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Just a quick point.

I was in a hospital a while ago and a stroppy senior nurse was demanding some dude put hand sanitiser on.

He said - "I'm not using that and you don't know what you're talking about. I work for the company that make that, and all you do is trap the bacteria and virus etc under the layer of goo, then trap more and more on top when what you really need is soap and hot water."

I think he's right - hand sanitiser is the lazy mans way to getting hygeinic, a bit like supermarkets selling inferior crap is the lazy mans way to doing your shopping quicker, and ready meals are getting food without needing to do any actual cooking.

Today it's all about getting an end result as fast as pssible and with as little effort as possible.

Soap and hot water people, soap and hot water.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought

Close Coronavirus could have incubation period of 24 days — 10 days longer than previously thought Research says coronavirus ‘spreads rapidly by human-to-human transmission’ Kate Ng 1 hour ago Medical researchers in China have found the incubation period for coronavirus ranges up to 24 days — 10 days longer than experts previously thought. The research was co-authored by Dr Zhong Nanshan, who discovered the SARS coronavirus in 2003 and has been appointed as a leading advisor in managing the current coronavirus crisis.

www.independent.co.uk...

Well, isn't this just great.
Preparation warning will be when people start dropping like flies in your area.... in other words, after it is too late.
Ugh.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

It will be interesting to see how this disrupts the facility in China for husband's company. They can only speak to the "approved" and designated people anyhow, but I'd say it's a good thing they don't rely on the Chinese facility. I'd also say it's a good thing we never opened ourselves up to go live and work there for a few years.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Either one works so long as you use it properly.

Have you ever had to use hand sanitizer consistently? It dries your skin out terribly badly. If it was just a layer of goo lying on your skin, the moisture wouldn't be leached away like it is.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: checkmeout
Forgive me for being thick here but if the Singapore super spreader/normal spreader passed this on asymptomatic. He even went to the pub the day before presenting to A&E doesn't this have to be airborne? Ie he infected those people in France before a cough/sneeze?
I hope I'm being dumb .
Also any updates on those at Arrowe Park. Why did someone want to leave? Just frustration or something else?

No. It doesn't have to be airborne in quite the same way everyone is freaking out about. It isn't the measles. If it was, their would be major, ongoing outbreaks in Washington state, Illinois, Arizona, and California ... more places in the US. Germany would be on fire and so would France. The UK would have its massive outbreak. All of Asia would be a raging brushfire of disease.

You're forgetting fecal/oral and similar routes. Even if this thing can pass airborne under the right circumstance, it's limited by its size and other factors. It's bigger danger is that it can survive for several days on surfaces. Public restrooms are going to be the worst places because of fecal/oral transmission. Someone drops an infected load and the water droplets from flushing will kick up infected particles that will settle all over the place for people to get on their hands and then into their eyes, nose, mouth.

Go out and look at the contamination from fecal bacteria that happens in restrooms of any kind to give you some idea of how this works.

Understand I'm not saying this cannot pass airborne, but that I don't think it's the main source of transmission.

Thank you Ketsuko and others. I'm not a micro or anything so don't know. I was just a nurse.

I was just wondering about the mode of transmission if asymptomatic. This family were in a 6 bedroom apartment so not close quarters as such (I imagine there are few 6 bedroom apartments in China). Glad that it isn't as infectious as measles.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Either one works so long as you use it properly.

Have you ever had to use hand sanitizer consistently? It dries your skin out terribly badly. If it was just a layer of goo lying on your skin, the moisture wouldn't be leached away like it is.

Faulty thinking.

Soap is a deturgent which reduces surface tension, hot kills germs, and running water takes it away.

The 3 togehter loosen and kil and remove disease spreading nasties.

Slapping goo all over your hands holds it in place so you can spread it around later when the seal breaks.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Agreed. Uk Doctors practice in Brighton just announced it is closed as one of the staff there has just tested positive. AT a GP practice where dozens, if not 100’s visit per day. Ouch. a reply to: butcherguy

link   

originally posted by: Gin
twitter.com...

Chinese National Health Commission has changed their definition of #WuhanCoronavirus "confirmed case" in their latest guidelines dated 7/2. Patients tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. This inevitably will lower the numbers.

They sure set a new standard of a new low.

Jesus Christ. This is the single most absurd thing I've seen in months. It's like having a brain tumour and then being declared cancer free because it's not making you sick or messing with your brain function right now. Just goes beyond reason really.

link   

originally posted by: Foxtree
A school in Southampton uk has been closed due to coronavirus fears, letter from headteachers reads :

"I am sorry to inform you that a family with children at the prep and senior departments who have recently travelled to the region affected by coronavirus have developed symptoms similar to those presenting with the coronavirus, and having been checked by medical professionals at Southampton General Hospital have been placed in isolation."

www.dailyecho.co.uk...

They traveled recently? Effin morons

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

That’s why Hong Kong are quarantining anyone crossing border for mandatory 14 days!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek
Does anyone know how this virus is going to thrive once we reach the summer and higher temperatures in western part of the hemisphere?

I think you meant Northern Hemisphere ?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Optimal

originally posted by: Gin
twitter.com...

Chinese National Health Commission has changed their definition of #WuhanCoronavirus "confirmed case" in their latest guidelines dated 7/2. Patients tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. This inevitably will lower the numbers.

They sure set a new standard of a new low.

Jesus Christ. This is the single most absurd thing I've seen in months. It's like having a brain tumour and then being declared cancer free because it's not making you sick or messing with your brain function right now. Just goes beyond reason really.

Provs they're trying to play this down for political and economic reasons.

Hell if you play with the definitions enough zero people will have it.

Even though it exists and is killing rapidly.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Agreed. Uk Doctors practice in Brighton just announced it is closed as one of the staff there has just tested positive. AT a GP practice where dozens, if not 100’s visit per day. Ouch. a reply to: butcherguy

Source?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

I'd have a lot less issue with how this whole cruise ship situation was being handled if there were a team of infectious disease experts on board to render aid and care, if there were means to make sure proper medicines and supplies were being brought in a distributed, and this whole thing were being studied while it developed.

This should be a team effort by all the countries who have passengers involved. The Japanese government as the country who is "hosting" the liner currently and the company that owns the liner should be facilitating.

Let's face it. Since China isn't likely to be easy to accommodate or easily accommodating, a secondary WHO/CDC team ought to be in on this one as a second sizable reservoir of patients that can be studied and that can provide data on this thing.

They do have Japanese military doctors on board. It's possible that many of them have limited language skills , although the Japanese Navy, my experience with the few I know, they speak dang good English. They have English lessons on the ships. But as you know, Japan is a really closed society. I've been here nearly 30 years.
I have yet heard of outside help coming to the passengers recuse . I'm quiet sure their Embassies are in contact with them since this is an emergency with an highly infectious disease, and the Japanese govt. already stated, no one is allowed in the country with this type of infectious disease. So it probably pertains also to the transportation of the infected passengers.
Tomorrow morning after 10 am should be another big current report about the spread of the disease on the boat.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Both are supposed to make microorganisms fall off skin, one emulsifies and one shocks. Sanitizer is terrible for dirt and grime but they’re wearing gloves. Hot water doesn’t make a ton of difference with these guys, unless you pour 150 degree to boiling water on your hands lol, then you’ll be like the guys in the Pixar movie Coco. Hot water helps with making the solids or semisolids on your hand move around easier so you take less time washing and leave nothing behind.

Your supposed to sanitize in a similar way you wash hands to be the most effective.

Alcohol is a garbage disinfectant because it evaporates too quickly, sticky stuff helps it linger a bit more.

edit on 10-2-2020 by TheAMEDDDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

So, SO2 levels are high in Whuan area ?

I like to turn things around.

What if it is not the result of something related to the outbreak ? Can it be the cause of something that promote the outbreak instead ?

edit on 10-2-2020 by Maker22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:49 AM
link   
GP Practice Closes

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: ARM1968

Source?

GO Practice Closes
edit on 10-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

Top link. I screwed the bottom one.
edit on 10-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink">GP practice is closed in Brighton
Ugh can't get it to work...its on the BBC website
edit on 10-2-2020 by BowBells because: Edit

Someone beat me to it!
edit on 10-2-2020 by BowBells because: Edit

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wtf.. What is this BS..

Chinese National Health Commission has changed their definition of #WuhanCoronavirus "confirmed case" in their latest guidelines dated 7/2. Patients tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. This inevitably will lower the numbers..!

Even more BS Numbers..
Keep this in mind for the „New“ Numbers.
And NECROSE you too, before you are posting!

top topics

<< 207  208  209    211  212  213 >>

join