It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 211
<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
GP Practice Closes

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Agreed. Uk Doctors practice in Brighton just announced it is closed as one of the staff there has just tested positive. AT a GP practice where dozens, if not 100’s visit per day. Ouch. a reply to: butcherguy

Source?

GO Practice Closes

Top link. I screwed the bottom one.

So you go to the doctors while you're ill and your immune system is down, some member of infected staff breathes all over you, and?????

The numbers of people who pass through a GPs every day is in the hundreds of.

Disaster.

Since 1 member of staff has it, it must be a "customer facing" member of staff like a doctor or nurse or receptionist rather than the back office doing the time sheets.

Nightmare.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: checkmeout

It does spread through airborne just like a cold or flu would. We deal with seasonal corona virus infections every year. The thing about this one that makes it different is that it's a strain human immune systems have never seen which makes it uniquely severe and makes our immune systems react severely when they do see it. Between those two factors, you get very, very sick, and it increases the death total. It will also cause symptoms that you will swear are not something a corona virus could or would ever do. That's why it has the label "novel" to go with it.

If you are asymptomatic, it's just like when you have the flu in the sense that you carry enough virus that you start shedding it before you feel symptoms. I don't think they know for sure exactly when that happens because this is such a new disease. But with flu, you shed it through your body fluids - spit, snot, etc. Anyone coming into contact with one of those fluids in some way and then contaminating their mucus membranes is at risk of getting sick.

They've found out you shed this thing in your feces. I'm not sure if you shed flu virus that way. But anywhere that you can get fecal contamination will be an additional risk for picking up this virus. That makes public restrooms a real risk here for several reasons, and I'm suspecting, given China's differences in toilet sanitation, this may be one of the major problems for them.

Btw, I'm not a micro. My husband is, and most of this I've picked up through him and/or filter past him before I reply. He's worked QC in a vaccine production laboratory for 20+ years, and he's worked directly with a few things that could kill you in that time. I'm also a plague junkie in my own time and spend time studying them because the subject is interesting to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rheowen
Wtf.. What is this BS..

Chinese National Health Commission has changed their definition of #WuhanCoronavirus "confirmed case" in their latest guidelines dated 7/2. Patients tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. This inevitably will lower the numbers..!

Even more BS Numbers..
Keep this in mind for the „New“ Numbers.
And NECROSE you too, before you are posting!

I think the only true numbers that matter are the ones in your neighborhood hospital. So far, in this city (University Hospital city) no know carriers . It's also a port city.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: XCrycek
Does anyone know how this virus is going to thrive once we reach the summer and higher temperatures in western part of the hemisphere?

I think you meant Northern Hemisphere ?

Lol, yes.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix
"originally posted by: tanstaafl
You have evidence there are more?"

A week to process a test, multiple tests required to obtain "positive", up three days to publicly report - kinda says the "12" number is severe underestimation of potential cases in U.S.

It isn't an estimate. It is the official reported number of confirmed cases.

I agree that the circumstances you offered are facts that support a claim that the numbers may not be an accurate reflection of the situation, but it is a far cry from the claim that there are hundreds or thousands of cases being 'covered up' by the administration.

Right now I have no reason to believe any Government or Agency's published numbers but sure have seen much to have me distrust them as complete hogwash.

I agree, I don't 'trust' them either, but the reality is, if there was a major outbreak - if the numbers were significantly different - we would all be hearing about it from family and friends.

We aren't. So stop the fear mongering, and lets just acknowledge the facts, and deal with whatever comes next.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: Power_Semi

Both are supposed to make microorganisms fall off skin, one emulsifies and one shocks. Sanitizer is terrible for dirt and grime but they’re wearing gloves. Hot water doesn’t make a ton of difference with these guys, unless you pour 150 degree to boiling water on your hands lol, then you’ll be like the guys in the Pixar movie Coco. Hot water helps with making the solids or semisolids on your hand move around easier so you take less time washing and leave nothing behind.

Your supposed to sanitize in a similar way you wash hands to be the most effective.

Alcohol is a garbage disinfectant because it evaporates too quickly, sticky stuff helps it linger a bit more.

That's what you are told happens and what the marketing blurb says happens.

What I'm saying is that the manufacturer says that's not what happens.

And logically that must be true.

If you wash your hands and wash all stuff off your hands you know at that point your hands are gunk free.

If you emulsify it, it could fall off your hands anywhere, any time, it isn't necessarily dead - you're now carrying it around with you under a layer of coating that is simply delaying where you shed it.

Don't believe what it says on the tin.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   

GP Practice Closes

Agreed. Uk Doctors practice in Brighton just announced it is closed as one of the staff there has just tested positive. AT a GP practice where dozens, if not 100’s visit per day. Ouch. a reply to: butcherguy

Source?

GO Practice Closes

Top link. I screwed the bottom one.

So you go to the doctors while you're ill and your immune system is down, some member of infected staff breathes all over you, and?????

The numbers of people who pass through a GPs every day is in the hundreds of.

Disaster.

Since 1 member of staff has it, it must be a "customer facing" member of staff like a doctor or nurse or receptionist rather than the back office doing the time sheets.

Nightmare.

Exactly. This is a biggie and COULD cause a cluster. Only takes one. Would be important to know just how hands on this staff member was. No time for secrecy. Patients visit in that practice need to know urgently.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

Not everyone pays attention to the news. And not every news tells you things you might need to know, too.

Here in the US, impeachment was the most important thing ever, right up until it wasn't. And only then did we start to hear serious news about what was going on in China. What do you think they were hearing and seeing?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: XCrycek

Not everyone pays attention to the news. And not every news tells you things you might need to know, too.

Here in the US, impeachment was the most important thing ever, right up until it wasn't. And only then did we start to hear serious news about what was going on in China. What do you think they were hearing and seeing?

Where do I look to find the USA news. I don't have cable for any USA outlets?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It's not like you get much, but they do tend to update the lockdown situation. Of course, we have it quicker here because we have more direct lines.

I know FOX has been breaking in with reports on it, and the evening news programs have been bringing on talking heads to discuss it. I can't talk as much about CNN. I cruise by and survey it, but I don't stick there as long.

You might try seeing if you can livestream them off YouTube. I don't know when CNN does its actual news blocks. For FOX, you would want the 5 o'clock CST hour (whatever that translates to in your time). Bret Baier starts off the first half of the hour on hard news. I think there is another block in the evening dedicated to news, but I forget which it is.

edit on 10-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

has the president of China made any statements

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Environmental Health and Safety departments test this stuff and they test PPE before and after use in our BSL3 labs. Their data is pretty solid and the SOPs and healthcare improvement data seems to support their information.

If it were outside like we do healthcare in the military, I would agree with you. Healthcare setting inside is fine because hands don’t build up dirt and grime like they would outside and they’re wearing PPE. Hopefully they’re following SOP or everything is rendered useless.

Who knows though, I’ve seen lab personnel enjoying Dunkin or Starbucks in a BSL2 hood working with gut pathogens so there IS always that wonderful human factor.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

a reply to: CrazeeWorld777

Except ... if this a bug that targets ACE2 receptors, smokers have more of those, and in China roughly half the male population smokes.

Everyone earlier in these threads was freaking out about how crazy deadly this thing seemed to be to Asian males, so much so they were speculating that it might have been targeted at them. How quickly we all forget in our fear.

ok, probably a silly idea. I did used to smoke, havn't touched one in over 12 years now and was never a heavy smoker!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Regarding the official numbers, is anyone else concerned with what appears to me to be low numbers of “recovered”? I hear people saying that 2019nCoV is not a good bio-weapon but seems to me to be effective at requiring a second army to battle this virus. Reminds me of the tumbler round.
edit on 10-2-2020 by AlbatrossMaker because: Edit errors while typing

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: musicismagic

It's not like you get much, but they do tend to update the lockdown situation. Of course, we have it quicker here because we have more direct lines.

I know FOX has been breaking in with reports on it, and the evening news programs have been bringing on talking heads to discuss it. I can't talk as much about CNN. I cruise by and survey it, but I don't stick there as long.

You might try seeing if you can livestream them off YouTube. I don't know when CNN does its actual news blocks. For FOX, you would want the 5 o'clock CST hour (whatever that translates to in your time). Bret Baier starts off the first half of the hour on hard news. I think there is another block in the evening dedicated to news, but I forget which it is.

Thank you. I'll check out Fox then livestream, right?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Paper on the nCoV that states that there is no difference in ACE2 gene expression between genders, races or age groups, smoking does increase it. It is the document labelled as doi:10.20944/preprints202002.0051.v1 and it was published on Feb 5th.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AlbatrossMaker

If you get sick enough to need to be hosptialized, it will take you longer to recover than it will take you to die. For that reason, the recovery number lags behind the death number.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maker22

So, SO2 levels are high in Whuan area ?

I like to turn things around.

What if it is not the result of something related to the outbreak ? Can it be the cause of something that promote the outbreak instead ?

Like what?

I think its been measured as SO2 and samples taken to get to the results shown. Why lie about it?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This thing about only including the sick with the confirmed numbers does give me the feeling that once you are infected, you remain infected. If you survive the initial infection your body just learns how to live with it. There is no way yet to completely remove the virus once it has worked its way in.

By changing the numbers like this it just helps with allocating resources. I could be wrong on this, just what comes to mind with it at this time.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but in regards to hand washing.... get a nail brush, several of them and keep them at your sinks. brush to loosen the dirt.

<< 208  209  210    212  213  214 >>

join