It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

'showing symptoms' is a misnomer. Patients show 'signs', and feel 'symptoms'. Checking temperature checks for a 'sign'. You need honest patients to report 'symptoms'. That is why I think this isn't spreading so much 'asymptomatic' (because these patients most likely feel sick), but you need honesty in patients to report their symptoms. Checking for signs definitely will always leave some room for error. I am for quarantines for this reason. Patients don't always report their symptoms honestly, because of fear, and whatever other personal reasons....

I apologize if you think I am being a stickler on this signs versus symptoms issue, but I can't help it. Definitions are definitions, and there is a definite difference between the two.

The German index patient didn't show any 'signs', but reported feeling tired (a symptom), when asked about it later. So, in that case, it wasn't an asymptomatic spread. I admit the CDC says that it can be spread asymptomatically, and I defer to them, except that in the German report it wasn't.

edit on 4-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: added the apology, but I can't change at this point. Too many years practicing medicine have made me immutable on the issue.

edit on 4-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: .

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

With mild cases, patients might not always know they're feeling symptoms too. Take someone who suffers from seasonal allergies. This thing doesn't always produce fever, so how is someone with seasonal or dust allergies to know if the slightly runny nose they have an early symptom or not?

That's me, and I never know if a runny nose means something or not because it's just sort of normal to have one off and on.
edit on 4-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner
a reply to: weirdguy

a reply to: SpartanStoic. They are? Who is saying it's man made? You do realise that nearly every virologist in the world has viewed those genomes don't you? There are now numerous labs with live specimens to study. If it was man made it would be well known, unless you're suggesting every lab is in on some secret.

Lancet Article Reports Wuhan Virus Not Likely Caused by Natural Recombination
I strongly urge you to read this article:
Article

Yes I read that lancet report last week, have you? Because it doesn't say what you seem think it does. And that blog you linked is full of HIV nonsense that has been debunked. The actual Lancet report states,

herefore, on the basis of current data, it seems likely that the 2019-nCoV causing the Wuhan outbreak might also be initially hosted by bats, and might have been transmitted to humans via currently unknown wild animal(s) sold at the Huanan seafood market.

Recombination has been seen frequently in coronaviruses.1 As expected, we detected recombination in the Sarbecoviruses analysed here. Our results suggest that recombination events are complex and are more likely occurring in bat coronaviruses than in 2019-nCoV. Hence, despite its occurrence, recombination is probably not the reason for emergence of this virus, although this inference might change if more closely related animal viruses are identified.

In conclusion, we have described the genomic structure of a seventh human coronavirus that can cause severe pneumonia and have shed light on its origin and receptor-binding properties. More generally, the disease outbreak linked to 2019-nCoV again highlights the hidden virus reservoir in wild animals and their potential to occasionally spill over into human populations.

Here's the link to the real Lancet report, no blog rubbish, www.thelancet.com...

There is recombination in the lab, natural and non at all. They think there is no recombination but can't rule out natural recombination if another animal is identified.
edit on 4-2-2020 by weirdguy because: Link fixed

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Videos I’ve seen lately are scary as hell

People are being locked into tower blocks and the doors sealed If one or two people infected, basically that’s a death sentence to everybody in the block

Hundreds of different videos of people dead or dropping down dead in the streets, this is how historical documents describe the Spanish flu pandemic, in fact I’ve done a lot of reading on previous pandemics and it’s identical situation which is scary schiff

Fights in public’s because people not wearing masks

People who have recovered from coronavirus being reinfected with mutated coronavirus

Dozens of arson attacks of high rise buildings and factories burning

Towns and villages across China are barricading themselves in and fortify and manning all roads in, this is what happened during the Spanish Flu pandemic a handful of villages self sustained and survived

The police beating & arresting people for no masks

Dead bodies piling up in hospitals and on the streets, and in the back of vans

The most horrific was watching government officials dragging out dead family members strait to be cremated

It’s so bad now, the population is literally dying everywhere and anywhere

STOP all flights too and from China, BUILDING hospitals NOW, create a special agency on boarders to disinfect any shipping from China, recruit service men and women to train now because it’s coming whether we like it or not
edit on 4-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   
..and now this..why would someone board a plane from Toronto on Westjet to Montego Bay Jamaica and over Florida stand up and claim he has the Coronavirus? The plane did a sharp turn to return to Toronto as it could not continue nor land in the US..
Man claiming to have coronavirus...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Maybe because he wants to be a sh!t? Some people get off on causing panic like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I am glad that the HIV link, to this virus, is debunked. I gave it a thought this morning: suppose every single person who caught this virus then comes down with HIV months later?! TSHf indeed, if this were true!

on a wider note: suppose a country's biolab makes a virus that, say, combines the common cold with Rabies and releases it somewhere?! rabies comes after this cold is over, maybe a few weeks delay. 99% kill rate with good treatment. almost 100% without treatment.
bio-engineering can have terrible consequences. suppose some country makes a pathogen that kills all grasses! bye bye wheat, rice, oats, barely! then all pasture and lawn grass dies too! end of the world!

freestone

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: freestonew

That level of bio-engineering is still pretty much science fiction.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
20,684 - Cases
427 - Deaths
725 - Recovered

Current mortality rate still sitting at around 2.1%
What is most concerning is that the current recovery rate is under 5% this leaves a lot of people out there that could go either way.
What is the standard recovery time from diagnosis to all clear ?

Source
MAP OF CORONAVIRUS

edit on 4-2-2020 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: CrazeeWorld777
Germany went +1 yesterday, but I can’t find any reports in the media as to where that 1 came from, all other figures are same as when evac Ed from China and found 2 (that made 11) then yesterday were +1 with no reports as to where, who or how🤦🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I can now tell you guys the reason i have been posting in this thread from the start:

I was approached 2 weeks ago to provide a cost estimate and viability study for FEMA. This was for a 5,000 bed temporary facility. The documents look very much like a quarantine building. It has negative pressure HVAC in all the rooms, with isolation entry at every room.

The location of this facility is still being determined, but Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS is looking at utilizing the BP owned portion of Cat Island and a small portion of Ship island off the coast of Mississippi. Barges are also being looked at as well, which would make the most sense to me.

I am told that provisions are also being studied to utilize Guantanamo Bay in Cuba if necessary.

THIS VIRUS IS BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY BY OUR GOVERNMENT. Please make your preparations now.
edit on 2/4/2020 by tennisdawg because: typo

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Those numbers have been updated:

LINK

Rev

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg
I can now tell you guys the reason i have been posting in this thread from the start:

I was approached 2 weeks ago to provide a cost estimate and viability study for FEMA. This was for a 5,000 bed temporary facility. The documents look very much like a quarantine building. It has negative pressure HVAC in all the rooms, with isolation entry at every room.

The location of this facility is still being determined, but Keesler AFB in Biloxi, MS is looking at utilizing the BP owned portion of Cat Island and a small portion of Ship island off the coast of Mississippi. Barges are also being looked at as well, which would make the most sense to me.

I am told that provisions are also being studied to utilize Guantanamo Bay in Cuba if necessary.

THIS VIRUS IS BEING TAKEN SERIOUSLY BY OUR GOVERNMENT. Please make your preparations now.

Thanks for sharing, that's no joke. Can you ascertain that these plans are a direct result of the virus, or are you speculating? And why did you have to wait to share? Because of the spooks?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

"Here's the link to the real Lancet report, no blog rubbish,
www.thelancet.com...(20)30251-8/fulltext"

The page you linked to does not exist.

And there is no reason for anyone to get snippy. We're all here to share information in the pursuit of truth.
edit on 4-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: carport

Don’t have a car lol
cost was stupid for parking in the city here but that’s off topic lol
edit on 4-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: muzzleflash

Looks correct to me. It's a classic exponential growth model. It starts with 27 cases on Dec. 29th, which stayed steady until 41 (or 14 new cases) were reported Jan 16th.

Technically speaking, China claims Patient Zero was identified Dec. 1st... but they did not identify the virus until December 29th, so the model begins with identification of the pathogen.

So the graph should start on Dec 1st.

It's called tweaking the numbers to make it look much worse than it really is.

I don't trust a damn thing any of you post anymore.

What's the agenda anyways?
Why lie?

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 1questioner

"Here's the link to the real Lancet report, no blog rubbish,
www.thelancet.com...(20)30251-8/fulltext"

The page you linked to does not exist.

And there is no reason for anyone to get snippy. We're all here to share information in the pursuit of truth.

The link is fixed. Don't be snippy.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: carport
Just a note on that, I suspect the kid is the +1 as German laws don’t allow names and children under 18 (could be lower maybe 16) to be released due to privacy laws

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

Couple questions I HOPE you can Answer about your post

- Why can you tell us NOW ? What has changed from when you could not tell us ?

And, you've alluded to pretty strongly that your in the loop, What preparations should we be making ?

I have my own ideas just wondering what yours are ... Curious minds

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

I also notice how civil everyone is, even though there are different opinions ......

Which speaks to the magnitude of this event it not a joke/fun/games/silly conspiracy....

We are bearing witness to a historic event.

My mind is having a hard time processing the fact that at least 4 million people in Wuhan is infected.......

Lets continue to stay ahead of the curve and in front of the herd.....

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join