It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA v IRAN-The beginning of the end!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Does anyone not think that if the USA went to war with IRAN, Russia would get involved? There's no way that Russia would let this happen without joining in. That my friends would be the beginning of the end!

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
No.

Russia will not be involved directly/kinetic or otherwise there is is no ability other than providing arms.

The dreams of Russian glory days of the Soviets are tossed, there is zero power projection of force available. Syria alone drained all the forward assets, no money and the only carrier fell apart

Power projection is the key. The US owns this, no other nation can flex in such a way currently.

Now as to the jetliner shot down. Poorly made equipment, sadly trained operators and fear.

No real spikes in oil, Iran understands now they are a big blip in a history that does not care. I watch oil daily, nothing alarming.

mg

edit on 9-1-2020 by missed_gear because: spelling, on phone

edit on 9-1-2020 by missed_gear because: damn typing off phone at lunch

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It's hard to say. I have no idea what kind of deal Trump could make with Putin behind the scenes. What about China?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeffcoatchris
Does anyone not think that if the USA went to war with IRAN, Russia would get involved? There's no way that Russia would let this happen without joining in. That my friends would be the beginning of the end!

That's generally how World Wars work.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Russia's economy is the size of Italy. They don't have the resources to engage on that level. Most of their equipment is old relics from the 70's and 80's and half of it doesn't even work.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
Russia's economy is the size of Italy. They don't have the resources to engage on that level. Most of their equipment is old relics from the 70's and 80's and half of it doesn't even work.

That is a fact which few here acknowledge.

Russia is a European convienience store selling gas. China, with all the effort building a navy (more ship yards than the world has combined) will never be blue water under 20 years, littoral at best short term.

No power projection whatsoever, hence static islands. No experience kills.

mg

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't think it would be any different than how we work opposite of each other as we have in Syria.

The difference is, Iran is more modern and that means we would probably act more strategically as they themselves might and Russia would let it happen so they can own more and more of Iran.

Russia will not go to war with the US... at very least, not with nukes. Only N Korea and 'MAYBE' Iran. No one else is that stupid.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

According to a prophet, China will have its submarines on complete east, west and Gulf of Mexico and at the same fire all of their atomic weapons on board which destroys USA.

The damage will cause the Mississippi river to change it's current flow.

He has been preaching this prophetic vision for 30 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And what is your point?

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jeffcoatchris

Here's my take on how things might unravel....It seems likely that Iran cannot stop itself from attacking the U.S. in some form....the sanctions are tanking their economy and their extreme factions will not de-escalate .......when they attack we (U.S.) will attack as promised by President Trump......seeing that their oil fields and most nuclear sites are being destroyed , they will attack Israel with something we have all dreaded , nukes or chemical weapons....Israel will respond with nukes and that will be WW III......and Russia involved.

edit on 9-1-2020 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: added something

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Does anyone not think that if the USA went to war with IRAN, Russia would get involved?

NO

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
It's hard to say. I have no idea what kind of deal Trump could make with Putin behind the scenes. What about China?

Some deals been done, they seem to really get on. For one Putin got Syria anyway, if anyone moves on that Russian province then they have to pass it with Vlad. Iran's just a football ground really. Comes to something when Assad a few weeks ago was on TV saying that Trump was the best US President in decades. That from the horses mouth. Trump's good at business and Russia will have been given something like Donbas for keeps in return, possibly the nod to unify with Belarus which is on the cards to make Putin a new Soviet type leader = New reason for an extra eight years n power. In addition to which Vlad will undoubtably admire US striking out at another terrorist enemy and taking them out, he's always admiring IDF for taking out enemies through offensive lethal action, USA acting in same manner will make Putin smile

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
a reply to: missed_gear

According to a prophet, China will have its submarines on complete east, west and Gulf of Mexico and at the same fire all of their atomic weapons on board which destroys USA.

The damage will cause the Mississippi river to change it's current flow.

He has been preaching this prophetic vision for 30 years.

What prophet? Name please....

Jin, Hong, Shang boats...are threats but harmonic signatures are known. Their DE are never fully 'staffed' minimal crewing complicated by no experience or qualifying training.

They run mostly thumpers and would not survive under a threat to the US.

mg

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've heard this before................................I think that it was in 1979.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton says she would "obliterate" Iran.

twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So lets drop Hilary on Iran and sit back and watch. She might pull it off.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hillary Clinton says she would "obliterate" Iran.

twitter.com...

There's more to that "story".

You tend to be very selective on what parts of a "story" you post.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:01 PM
link   
i don't think there'll be a global WW2 style war ever again. just an endless dirge of pockets of conflict here and there.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Does anyone not think that if the USA went to war with IRAN, Russia would get involved?

Ri=ussia's inolvement would be to supply weapons and ammunition. Russia would be steam-rolled by a US military in a war with Iran, so no point in being in the fring line.

An escalation between Iran and the US would not lead to war, beyong the flattening of Iranian military facilities with smartbombs and cruise missiles.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That my friends would be the beginning of the end!

Relax. There will be no nuclear war. The aliens will not allow it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join