It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Pillar of Cloud in the Bible the same as cigar shaped U.F.O.'s today?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 02:54 AM
link   
The Bible is filled with advanced flying vehicles. These vehicles come from a race of extraterrestrials, extradimensional beings or an intelligent form of life. It could be all 3 when you look at these sightings.

When the Bible talks about a cloud, it's obvious as to when they're talking about a cloud in the sky or a flying vehicle. Here's some verses talking about a cloud in the sky.

Proverbs 3:20 - By his knowledge the depths are broken up, and the clouds drop down the dew.

Ecclesiastes 11:3 - If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.

These verses are clearly talking about the clouds in the sky. These next verses are talking about some kind of flying vehicle and notice they call it a pillar.

Exodus 24:18 - And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

The cloud carried Moses into the mountains.

Exodus 13:21 - And the LORD went before them by day in a pillar of a cloud, to lead them the way; and by night in a pillar of fire, to give them light; to go by day and night:

Exodus 40:34 and 35 - Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 35. And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

When the cloud was hovering over the tabernacle, the glory of the Lord filled the tabernacle and Moses couldn't enter. Could this be the power source of the craft which would kill or injure Moses or anyone if they entered while the cloud was hovering?

I can go on and on with examples. In the new Testament the Disciples were even missing time as they "ENTERED" the cloud.

Luke 9

34. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

35. And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

36. And when the voice was past, Jesus was found alone. And they kept it close, and told no man in those days any of those things which they had seen.

They entered the cloud but soon as the voice finished speaking, it was just them and Jesus.

There's clouds, chariots of fire and more.

Think about this though. They called this flying craft a Pillar. What does a pillar look like? It looks like the same U.F.O.'s we see today that we call cigar or cylinder shaped.

Look at the cigar shaped U.F.O.'s and the pillar. These are the same craft and the same beings from the Exodus. Look at the way it's lights up. Something powers it. These cigar shaped U.F.O.'s are everywhere. Just type in cigar shaped U.F.O. and you will see thousands of examples. Here's some more:

I can go on and on with examples. It makes sense that people from the Exodus would call these U.F.O.'s Pillar of cloud. They look like pillars flying in the sky but today we say Cigar, Cylinder or snake shaped.

These cigar, pillar shaped U.F.O.'s have been around for years. An Egyptian Pharoah, described seeing rods in the sky. Look at a rod.

Sadly the debunkers and pseudoskeptics have control of the Scientific establishment and they have obfuscated so much knowledge. Here's more Pillars.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

If we witnessed something inexplicable, possibly of technological nature back in the day, we would probably have used the same terminology to describe it.

Certain bible passages pretty consistently describe these clouds as something that is clearly more than just "clouds" (independent of the different translations). Today, we would call them cigars or tic-tacs I guess. Here go some more bible passage from one of my previous threads.

Isaiah 60:8
Who are these that fly like a cloud, and like doves to their windows?

Matthew 24:30
[…] and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Isaiah 19:1
[…] Behold, the Lord is riding on a swift cloud and comes to Egypt [...]

Exodus 34:5
The Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   
You are worse than most Christians
You are taking single sentences and melding them with other sentences completely out of context
You are tying in old and New Testament verse, unrelated
You have taken out words from a book and weaved a ludicrously outlandish set of circumstances to further a non existent narrative

If I say anything about the bible being literal and not metaphorical I would be laughed at and here you are trying to make metaphors literal statements
How and why, there are no aliens or UFO in the bible, it’s a spiritual book

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
You are taking single sentences and melding them with other sentences completely out of context
You have taken out words from a book and weaved a ludicrously outlandish set of circumstances to further a non existent narrative

If I say anything about the bible being literal and not metaphorical I would be laughed at and here you are trying to make metaphors literal statements

LOL, who are you to say what the Bible is or isn't?You're no authority on this and the Bible can be both. Your whole post is meaningless because you can't refute anything that was said.

Tell me exactly what was taken out of context.

Did the Disciples ENTER into the cloud?

Luke 9:34. While he thus spake, there came a cloud, and overshadowed them: and they feared as they entered into the cloud.

Did the cloud carry Moses into the Mountain?

Exodus 24:18 - And Moses went into the midst of the cloud, and gat him up into the mount: and Moses was in the mount forty days and forty nights.

Did the cloud hover over the tabernacle?

Exodus 40:34 and 35 - Then a cloud covered the tent of the congregation, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle. 35. And Moses was not able to enter into the tent of the congregation, because the cloud abode thereon, and the glory of the LORD filled the tabernacle.

I can go on and on.

Where does it say I can only look at The Bible in the way you do? You're no authority.

Why wouldn't God who created technology and the laws of physics, use those things to interact with us?

To me, the Bible is a clear account of extraterrestrial or extradimensional visitation.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

If we witnessed something inexplicable, possibly of technological nature back in the day, we would probably have used the same terminology to describe it.

Certain bible passages pretty consistently describe these clouds as something that is clearly more than just "clouds" (independent of the different translations). Today, we would call them cigars or tic-tacs I guess. Here go some more bible passage from one of my previous threads.

Isaiah 60:8
Who are these that fly like a cloud, and like doves to their windows?

Matthew 24:30
[…] and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Isaiah 19:1
[…] Behold, the Lord is riding on a swift cloud and comes to Egypt [...]

Exodus 34:5
The Lord descended in the cloud and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the Lord.

I checked out your previous thread and there was a lot of good info thanks. Those are also some good examples you gave.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:42 AM
link   
A pillar is something vertical. Not horizontal.

edit on 6-1-2020 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Ancient astronaut theorists say, "Yes".

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's clear that you don't like Christians.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
raggedy logic, man

non of what you said pertains....metaphors....dude....

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Except it was there for 40 years and was a pillar of smoke by day and a pillar of Fire by night

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   

So the Hebrew and Greek and Latin word for cloud is really ufo, amazing

I am no authority but projecting cigar ufos onto the bible, kidding me aren’t you?
Oh, you are not😆

Go read Isaiah 60, the whole chapter, it’s about ships on sail, their sails are riding like clouds returning people to Israel? It’s nothing to do with what you are talking about, it’s black and white ships under sail

“8“Who are these that fly along like clouds,
like doves to their nests?
9Surely the islands look to me;
in the lead are the ships of Tarshish,
bringing your children from afar,
with their silver and gold,
to the honor of the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor.”

So ships under sail are ufos are they

The bible states clearly “ships under sail” but no, ships under sail coming from Tarshis are aliens, space invaders, men from mars not Tarshish, but Mars, maybe with mars bars not silver and gold.

edit on 6-1-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's clear that you don't like Christians.

I was speaking about their theology

There are a few of genuine christians around but mostly not.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Most of those verses are Jewish mythology, but whoever wrote that mythology either borrowed it from another culture, had a good imagination, or maybe actually saw something similar to what you're referring to. It's interesting to ponder the possibilities. S&F

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
A pillar is something vertical. Not horizontal.

Granted, but an onlooker still might relate what they are seeing to a pillar, even if isn't vertical at the time.

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:31 AM
link   
the image was like looking at the modern era Washington Monument

a tall pillar from ground-to-sky...but always on the distant horizon before them

whereas a verticle cigar shape in-the-sky would have been hard to locate or follow

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:34 AM
link   

What we currently put under the umbrella of “UFOs” May very well have some sort of spiritual origin.....even if it is from the deceitful side of the spiritual world, no?

If you are to believe in the omnipotent power of God and His word, then it’s not too far of a stretch to say that his word can explain everything in existence? Got to dig to the roots....

Look up Chuck Missler, he does some great lessons on 🛸 UFOs, the Bible, fallen angels/watchers, and the subjects discussed here.

This statement is a bit silly 🙃
“Worse than Christians”

We are all just seeking.... eventually people will just keep walking past you as you yell insults.... but some of us like to stop and offer a hand while there’s still time. 🤝

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I can go on and on. Where does it say I can only look at The Bible in the way you do? You're no authority.

And You are some kind of "authority" on it? Raggedy nailed it with his comments and You confirmed it with this statement

To me, the Bible is a clear account of extraterrestrial or extradimensional visitation.

Yeah riiiight! Of course you would, you've stated You "believe" the bible is gospel! And what kind of PROOF have you got about ANYTHING written in that collection of stories, fables and general power tripping Ballshoot

(see what I did there?)

And to me it's a clear account that Harry Potter was never an apostle

IF we witnessed something inexplicable, possibly of
technological nature back in the day, we would probably have used the same terminology to describe it.

Who is "we" whiteman? And why do You 'think' You can speak for others or is that the Royal plural? I think we want you to

And btw Mx biblical scholar, didn't that "pillar of smoke" lay waste to a town or two?

How about a MUSHROOM Cloud from a Nuke?

They sure can make 30km high "pillars of smoke"

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I am no authority but projecting cigar ufos onto the bible, kidding me aren’t you?
Oh, you are not😆

Go read Isaiah 60, the whole chapter, it’s about ships on sail, their sails are riding like clouds returning people to Israel? It’s nothing to do with what you are talking about, it’s black and white ships under sail

“8“Who are these that fly along like clouds,
like doves to their nests?
9Surely the islands look to me;
in the lead are the ships of Tarshish,
bringing your children from afar,
with their silver and gold,
to the honor of the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
for he has endowed you with splendor.”

So ships under sail are ufos are they

The bible states clearly “ships under sail” but no, ships under sail coming from Tarshis are aliens, space invaders, men from mars not Tarshish, but Mars, maybe with mars bars not silver and gold.

Pure gibberish! You said:

Yes, because they're no different than we are. They're trying their best to describe what they're seeing. Most clouds don't look like Pillars that hover over Tabernacles. Most clouds don't have people enter the cloud and get carried into the mountains.

U.F.O. means Unidentified Flying Object so they did the same thing we do. They tried to describe what they were seeing in language that can be understood because they didn't know what they were seeing.

It's just like we say cigar shaped or cylinder shaped U.F.O. We'renot saying they're flying cigars no more than they were saying they were seeing flying pillars or chariots.

Look , I know pseudoskeptics are devoid of common sense when talking about these things but it's clear. People in the Bible were seeing advanced craft and they described it the best way they could just like we do. When you look at Ezekiel, he's clearly trying to describe something he can't fully understand.

He thinks what he's seeing must be living and have a spirit, then he says this:

Ezekiel 1

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, behold one wheel upon the earth by the living creatures, with his four faces.

16 The appearance of the wheels and their work was like unto the colour of a beryl: and they four had one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the middle of a wheel.

17 When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went.

18 As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four.

19 And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up.

20 Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

How many creatures do you know with wheels?

Obviously, Ezekiel saw something he couldn't understand but he recognized the wheels. So he gave this very strange description of a beast with wheels and the spirit of the creature was in it's wheels.

Ezekiel sounds no different than somebody today trying to explain a U.F.O.

We say things like it looks like a cigar but we don't think we're seeing flying cigars, we're just describing what we're seeing in the best way that we can and so were the Ancients in the Bible.

Josef F. Blumrich, who worked for NASA wrote the book the Spaceships of Ezekiel. Here's some of an article he wrote.

My own involvement in the subject of extraterrestrial visitors began with a vehemently negative attitude. Having worked as an aeronautical engineer since 1934—first in the design and analysis of aircraft, then for the past fifteen years in the design and development of both launching vehicles and spacecraft—I was firmly entrenched in the camp of those who declare visits from outer space to be an impossibility.

It was in this frame of mind that I began to read Erich von Däniken's Chariots of the Gods? His claim that the prophet Ezekiel had encounters with spaceships prompted me to read the biblical book of Ezekiel carefully with the intention of proving von Däniken wrong. By the time I had got to verse 7 of the very first chapter, however, I found myself interpreting a description of the landings legs of some kind of flying vehicle: "Their legs were straight. and the soles of their feet were round and they sparkled like burnished bronze." Having designed and tested such structures myself, I could not deny that it was possible to read in this a direct, yet simple, technical description.

The contrast of that evidently clear passage with the quite hazy pictures sketched by the rest of the chapter made me realize that the prophet could not have known what it was he had seen, or could not have understood it. I realize the necessary consequences of this: the prophet could only describe his encounters with space vehicles and their crews in the terms available to him—with words and comparisons familiar to him and his contemporaries. So I began taking Ezekiel seriously, in an engineering sense.

www.spaceshipsofezekiel.com...

All throughout the Bible, Ezekiel and others are trying to describe advanced technology in the language of the day. Here's what Blumrich drew

Here's a little more about Blumrich.

A native of Steyr, Austria, engineer Blumrich is the holder of patents on numerous inventions.

Until recently the author was chief of the Systems Layout Branch at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center. In earlier years, he developed the structural design of the Saturn V booster and participated in the design of Skylab. He has left NASA in order to spend his full time on research concerning extraterrestrial visitors in ancient times.

He wrote the book Da tat sich der Himmel auf (The Spaceships of Eziekel)

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 6-1-2020 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Neo, excellent detective work....you have a fertile mind to wrangle the details down....Ezek's wheel within a wheel that holds attitude while going this way or that!

Scripture itself proves we are in a simulation, Bible is not like the other books....quran is a comic book thick....that Bible just by translitration tells magically the story of God...the math in the hebrew grammer and letters is all 7's

God wrote Cyrus a letter in the Bible to read to let his people go back to build the temple, he sent money and helpers....and proclaimed their God to be the new God in the land. then he went to give more at the completion.

behold the hand, behold the nail....

posted on Jan, 6 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernGift

What we currently put under the umbrella of “UFOs” May very well have some sort of spiritual origin.....even if it is from the deceitful side of the spiritual world, no?

If you are to believe in the omnipotent power of God and His word, then it’s not too far of a stretch to say that his word can explain everything in existence? Got to dig to the roots....

Look up Chuck Missler, he does some great lessons on 🛸 UFOs, the Bible, fallen angels/watchers, and the subjects discussed here.

This statement is a bit silly 🙃
“Worse than Christians”

We are all just seeking.... eventually people will just keep walking past you as you yell insults.... but some of us like to stop and offer a hand while there’s still time. 🤝

Well we disagree and I am happy to insult the average lazy Christian who sits in front of the tv and watches Prince, Osteen, Meyers, Dollar and the endless spiel of pay money and God will pay out money on you.
Churches should be taxed
Those who show little or no love to people and are arrogant and self righteous. I would confidently say there is more love and compassion outside the Church than inside.

Walking passed? Walking passed is already what christianity has become.
Remember who Jesus despised the most? The church of His time.

No most Christians are not seeking, they are sitting around condemning and being fed babies milk by a horde of main stream evangelical liars promising them the fat of the land if they pay their coins out
Gods a second thought, self interested lazy christians, if you can’t see that then it seems you are ignoring reality. Revelations talks of the end time church, lost its way, that’s now

Been there, I was one once, wish someone shocked me out of my ignorance
I read a pew report stating about 60% of people in church are probably not really christian, just act that way. Probably even think they are.
Revelations, final church on earth is described as the Laodicea church, lukewarm or lazy, that’s now
My opinion of course

I know Misslsr, know his work, like his work but that is irrelevant to clouds, pillars being aliens in the bible as previously suggested, that’s just ludicrous

alienintrusion.com...
Great read for Christians on the alien subject

And finally, Gods word doesn’t try and explain everything in existence, doesn’t even try to

edit on 6-1-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join