It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medium Derek Acorah dead aged 69 after falling into coma from 'very brief illness'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Well this is sad news. I know lots of people didn't think much of Derek, and he's had some bad press, but he had a big fan base and was a lovely chap. I actually had the pleasure of meeting him and Gwen (His wife), and they were both fun, lovely people.

R.I.P Derek. You will be missed.

R.I.P Derek

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MissBeck

Derek and Sam can now converse face to face in the great pub in the sky , didn't think much of him as a medium but on occasion he did make me laugh.

RiP Derek , the truth is now yours.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Clasic clip! I'd forgot about that one. Yeah, he had many funny moments where you just had to laugh!

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:00 AM
link   

bet he didnt see that coming

no appologies - he was a charlatan and fraund

my condonences to those who loved him

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

bet he didnt see that coming

That's pretty much what my little girl said. I was expecting it to be a comment in the thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Derek and Sam can now converse face to face in the great pub in the sky

No kidding, right after reading the thread title I went upstairs to tell the Missus and said the same thing, minus the pub part,

RIP Derek 💐 🍻

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Well, no spirit warned him about that one.

What more proof to his naive believers need.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
Yeah you would think if he was legit he would know that this may have been coming and maybe do something about it. Question to everyone... do you think if there are legitimate psychics that some can foresee their own death? And do you guys know of any accounts of this happening? Of course they may not know exactly when, where or how, but perhaps a general feeling or vision of death? Some thing to ponder...

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:10 AM
link   
As much of a charlatan as he was, he made people think about the spirit world again in a good light, and even had a decent following.
Sadly some of the stuff he did was questionable and always haunted him when he stopped doing Most Haunted. People didn't take him seriously.

Very sad news to hear of his passing.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Fraud or not he made great TV. He was like a household name when I was a kid to my family... We used to call him trippy Derek on the account that everyone but my mum found him hilarious.

RIP Derek, you definitely won't be forgotten and thank you for the memories.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerkshireEntity
a reply to: CthruU
Question to everyone... do you think if there are legitimate psychics that some can foresee their own death? And do you guys know of any accounts of this happening? Of course they may not know exactly when, where or how, but perhaps a general feeling or vision of death? Some thing to ponder...

Interesting question. You do get tarot card readers that often can foretell death in the cards to people they are giving the reading to. I'm sure many would be tempted to do their own readings. It's human nature. I have never had a reading myself, but know people who swear their tarot readings were spot on. Me myself, I'm too skeptical.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BerkshireEntity

If you were a psychic, would you want to foretell your own death?

Let's assume you could. Do you think you could alter that future? You've seen it. Does that then mean it's coming to pass or can you change the events you see? In other words, are the futures you see possibilities or set in stone?

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Erm.....but we don't know that he didn't know....maybe he did

RIP sir

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Most of them always say the same thing, "You're going to die!"

Of course we all are going to die. They always say this because it scares people.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I wish the man peace, I believe he was a genuine medium but I also believe he went too far and was also a showman.
Still I believe he was a likable man, a controversial man whose gift may have left him on occasion forcing him to wing it since you know celebrity and all of that but still a genuine medium at least most of the time.

I remember an experience I had in the car park of Morrisons in Ormskirk were I live, it may have been his wife with him and he was about a hundred yards away from us, that time of night about half past nine in the evening it is usually fairly quiet and we were the only people in the car park, me and my sister and Mr Acorah and his wife.

He was NOT putting it on, I had my own experiences, he turned and stopped then clearly said to his wife "There is something here" and stood staring directly at us as we were walking toward the shop his eye's fixated then his wife or the lady he was with very down to earth and almost motherly said "Behave Don't star that here" and taking him by the shoulder with one arm she forced him toward there car - he did not argue (so it was not all showmanship).

And may God watch over his family.

I believe he was a decent bloke, whether you regard his gift as a gift, a curse, real or false it does not matter may he now rest in the arms of God and find a true purpose for his life (it is far from over, in fact it is just getting started) far from tormenting spirit's and cruel jesters.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

Most of them always say the same thing, "You're going to die!"

Of course we all are going to die. They always say this because it scares people.

Well of course, we're all going to die, and half the diet advice, Global Warming scares and other things are based on this simple truth. People will do anything to avoid it, so anything that claims to cause you to die sooner is scary and to be avoided and if you can provoke people to believe it's coming, you have power over them, especially if you can make them believe you know how to avoid it.

Some people say this only what Christianity does, but it doesn't give you an out of death. We're all still dying, even in Christianity.

But I am talking about being able to see the time and manner of your death.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The last thing you would want to see is your own death, it is not a selfish thing unless it is because you fear death but usually because you will do everything you can to not die for the sake of those you love and who need you.
There are reason's we do not know the time or the moment.

And you are confusing Psychic (paranormal sensitive), Medium (Conduit between worlds - not always a good role and also so called Channeling - this latter is were the occultists come in as they try to channel for there own power but genuine gifted do not) and Prophet, most people are a little bit of all of these three things but some-most are shielded from them.

Mr Acorah was a spiritualist medium - and a bit of a showman of that I have no doubt but I also have no doubt that while he made a respectable living from his craft he was actually also a genuine medium.

Remember this though about Medium's, if they became famous and it is about them the spirit's often whom remember are also people will have had enough and will sometime's abandon them as a source for communicating (kind of black market smuggling between the worlds if you think about it) with the living or getting that last message across before they can go over to the other side completely, in Mr Acorah's case if Sam was real them arguably the real medium there was Sam and Derek was merely his/her/it's physical anchor to this world/dimension.

I would go one step further in Christianity, we are already DEAD and to be alive we have to be dead to this world, but I agree with you on that.

edit on 4-1-2020 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

No. I know what a medium/spiritualist is and does. I was responding to another poster whose questions seemed to be more about being psychic and seeing the future.

Although some who channel claim they can see the future. I know prophets claim to, but true prophets I believe are only shown small snippets and never things they desire to see. In other words, what they see isn't under their control. They could no more see their own death than they could look and see someone else's unless God willed it as part of what they were sent to see.

People who channel often claim more control over what they can see, but their sources are also often suspect. As far as I can tell, they have a tougher time controlling what sources they're channeling.

Psychics have the most control over what they see.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

A truly saved Christian is dead to the world, yes. Many aren't quite there yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Ghost are retarded all they say is OoOoooOOoOoOOOOoo

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join