It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Facetious, Moi?

Gx

Business a usual, I would suspect you were ill if you weren't.
Perhaps you could benefit from a 'Jallop'. I heard of it at the "Clansman" and thought of you right away.
Bottoms Up or is that out?

The verdict is still out as to where Whiskey originated, some say the Scots got it from the Irish.
edit on 15-1-2020 by WalkInSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The daughter is at her singing class right now I came up to the public library to check my emails and maybe skip on over to the acronym thread for a blip.

I had a job last week that was terrible on almost a record-breaking scale. I worked on a deconstruction crew salvaging material from a multibillionaire's horse arena in the foothills about twenty miles out of town.

The arena floor was composed of clay, and since the entire week was rainy, the clay turned into mud that reached mid-shin in spots. The last day was rainy and cold, and after a conflict with a co-worker and walking off the job, I got hypothermia. It took me several days to recover. If nothing else, I'll get good story material out of it.

Looks like all the usual suspects are alive and well. Cheers!

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hello Sir, good for your little friend. I was raised multi lingual and it supposedly has all sorts of benefits.
Cats Cats are still trolls.
I agree but as you I love them too. Here are my two kittens
The story behind them is very long stretching back more than eight months.
The red one is Ruby Sun Piros Cloud and the torty is Opal Moon Cloud

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

Hi Doe. Isn't your daughter still a baby?
That sounds like a crap job and dangerous. I assume they don't care because manual labor is disposable. Not familiar with long term effects of hypothermia but yes the story is entertaining.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hey DOE .. sorry to hear about your bout with hypothermia.

Nice to see you drop in..

Does your daughter enjoy singing lessons ? .. and does she have a sweet voice ?

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Howdy WIS!

I have a seven year old and a four-month old. (The seven year old still qualifies as my baby
)

ETA: the job was a total crap job. There were some cool things about it, and I'm not opposed to manual labor, but it was just a miserable freaking week.
edit on 1/15/2020 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Thank you Sheye. Hope all's well with you.

My daughter enjoys singing class. The teacher is very good with kids (and grown up kids: she was my teacher for a while, too). She has a big bowl of candy treats, which doesn't hurt.

The class is an hour and starts with group singing, after which the teacher does one-on-one time with each girl while the rest of the group stays busy with an arts & crafts project. They have recitals about once a quarter, with special events, e.g., Christmas caroling, which depend on the season.

I've always been a musician but usually am a bit of a loner, which makes music a little...well...lonely. So, I look forward to playing music with my little ones before they escape off into the world.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The doctor appointment today was nothing but a disappointing waste of time. Meaning my blood is boiling too much now to explain more than than I'm getting tired of it.

posted on Jan, 15 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Thank you Sheye. Hope all's well with you.

Things are ok DOE.. new year.. new and better attitude. Need to work on letting some things go, but I’ll get there.

I've always been a musician but usually am a bit of a loner, which makes music a little...well...lonely. So, I look forward to playing music with my little ones before they escape off into the world.

The class sounds lovely and something a child who likes to sing would enjoy. I hope you make many happy music memories with your little ones before they venture off into this big scary world.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
a reply to: Finspiracy

I agree but as you I love them too. Here are my two kittens. The story behind them is very long stretching back more than eight months.
The red one is Ruby Sun Piros Cloud and the torty is Opal Moon Cloud

That's Cat astrophic.

Errm, okay, exiting now. Bad Dad Joke.

Bally

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Oh my goodness, how cute! Beautiful kitties! The tortoisehell one reminds me of a very smart and loving cat I had many years ago. And the orange tabby reminds me of the one I once bottle fed.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Hypothermia? Wow, that sucks.

I think it's wonderful that your daughter is taking singing lessons. Maybe next she will want to play an instrument. You can play music together.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bally001

Are you getting rain Bally? We did enough rain dances last night, you should be good.

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Are you getting rain Bally? We did enough rain dances last night, you should be good.

Plenty of rain. Thank you for the rain dancers, I am also a Tjungala (pronounced jungarla). Traditionally I am a rain dancer. But I don't have my pearl shell to raise to the sky. Sometimes it works. You just got to believe. True love is a Nungarai (pronounced Nun-gar-rye). She is a provider. My Aboriginal Father, Eddie (Tjampa TJimpa) Robertson, ( A runner up for Australian of the Year) daddy, and his lovely wife Lottie, mummy, adopted us.

So the rain is falling as I put letters to words. Like the sound of rain upon the corrugated tin roof. Very soothing. We have a cheap vinal pool set up collecting the run off. Some cooling off to be had.

I finally got the gas hot water running today. (after a week) Seems I was putting it together in reverse consequently the gas pipes would not line up for repairing. Had a thought that kept me awake last night regarding this. Went to work and came home. Disconnected the burner again then put it back together in reverse. Viola!!! Hot water without yesterdays explosion 'in my face'. Gas is a funny thing. It goes "woomp!". Singes the eye lashes and eye brows for a brief second. Felt like a dill after that. Young fella says again, "Are you alright dad?" Felt weird going to work with a full facial shave. But..victorious. The flamin thing is working. Glad I got it done before this evenings downpour. Nice and cool. Will sleep well tonight after a warm soapy shower. Yummo.

Kind regards

Bally

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

You must get your shell for when you need to do the rain dance.

People from all over the world have sent prayers and positive vibes to Australia. I'm glad there is some rain finally. How are other areas doing?

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

You must get your shell for when you need to do the rain dance.

People from all over the world have sent prayers and positive vibes to Australia. I'm glad there is some rain finally. How are other areas doing?

The shell is an oyster pearl shell and must come from the North West coast of Australia. Around the 'Broome' locality. The central Aust Aboriginals, (Warlpiri) used to meet with the coastal tribes on occasions and trade for these many years ago. The last episode of 'Bush Mechanics' has the modern version.

The rain is pretty well up and down the eastern seaboard which is good. Some heavy rain down south. My tank is topped up and our little 'Intex' pool is full. The black trees are sprouting new growth on their trunks and larger branches. Such is the survivability of the eucalypti. My paddocks are now re growing the native grasses. Good to see. Will walk down to the dams later to see how they are faring. Have a dentist appointment first thing this morning though. Snapped a few teeth.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

WOW! Thank you, for an absolutely delightful post.

Your cats are really looking healthy, and fit, and just happy cats

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 03:50 PM
link   
It has been a while since i have posted any music here. So i am going to do it right now. Here you go:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Sorry you have to see the dentist.

Mother nature is amazing. After all that destruction and then up pops the greenery. Magical.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join