It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Threw this in the mood music thread..but thought it may be appreciated here as well..

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

I really liked that song. Fits nicely with my morning coffee and surrounding darkness while the city is still sleeping.

Fleetwood Mac... A famous band i know nothing about. I think i am going to have to do some research about them later.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   

A pixie sat on a shelf,
she asked herself:
“Is it wise to respond.
When you sit in a pond?”
“Should I just fly
and let it go by?”
It won’t go away,
has come here to stay.
“Perhaps a sprinkle of pixie dust,
will make it combust?”
A dragon or two
await in the queue.
We can sit by the pyre,
relish the fire.
Pixie shakes herself sprinkling dust all around.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Finspiracy
Fits nicely with my morning coffee and surrounding darkness while the city is still sleeping.

Morning Sir, I on this side of the globe am trying to go to bed. May your day be wonderful.

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Fleetwood Mac... A famous band i know nothing about. I think i am going to have to do some research about them later.

This one is better.

edit on 13-1-2020 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 13 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

You should write more often Wis! Write something enchanting for me to get me out of the Winter doldrums.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Happy you liked it Fin..

One of my favs by Fleetwood Mac ..this vid was made when they got back together years after they broke up.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

...I am grateful. For old and new.

I'm surprised that you can still remember the "old" at your time of life...

PS - me Too.
Gx

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Well look who's here. Quick get the whiskey. I'll get the glasses. Cheers!

Good to see you Gordi dear! How are you and the family and life?

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Well look who's here. Quick get the whiskey. I'll get the glasses. Cheers!

Good to see you Gordi dear! How are you and the family and life?

I'm taking the 5th (even though we don't technically have a 5th here, where I am!)
...and remember... "proper" Whisky has no "e" in it.

Slainthe Mhath!

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Haha! I knew you would make a comment about the spelling.

I'm half asleep, but going out for fish and chips and the dollar store with my Sister.
Hope to see you again soon.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
I'm surprised that you can still remember the "old" at your time of life...

Gordi The Drummer

. ...and remember... "proper" Whisky has no "e" in it.

Tsk Tsk, what is a woman to do with the likes of you?
We have had this discussion many times over the past years and I all ways let you get away with it because it makes you feel better.
I certainly don't wish to spoil your fragile sense of superiority, as we age it is eminent that we maintain a certain degree of autonomy, especially for men.
( OH, how I will enjoy the repercussions for this)
As for the glorious "Aqua Vitae"
Linky Dink Link from WIKI (Still can't link only copy and paste) Sorry Guys and Galls, Lads and Lassies.
Etymology[edit]
The word whisky (or whiskey) is an anglicisation of the Classical Gaelic word uisce (or uisge) meaning "water" (now written as uisce in Modern Irish, and uisge in Scottish Gaelic). Distilled alcohol was known in Latin as aqua vitae ("water of life"). This was translated into Old Irish as uisce beatha ("water of life"), which became uisce beatha in Irish and uisge beatha [ˈɯʃkʲə ˈbɛhə] in Scottish Gaelic. Early forms of the word in English included uskebeaghe (1581), usquebaugh (1610), usquebath (1621), and usquebae (1715).[1]
Names and spellings[edit]
Much is made of the word's two spellings: whisky and whiskey.[2][3][4] There are two schools of thought on the issue. One is that the spelling difference is simply a matter of regional language convention for the spelling of a word, indicating that the spelling varies depending on the intended audience or the background or personal preferences of the writer (like the difference between color and colour; or recognize and recognise),[3][4] and the other is that the spelling should depend on the style or origin of the spirit being described. There is general agreement that when quoting the proper name printed on a label, the spelling on the label should not be altered.[3][4]
The spelling whiskey is common in Ireland and the United States, while whisky is used in all other whisky-producing countries.

Enjoy your whisky as I will mine if I can ever afford a "proper" one again. I am too selective to endure the minor brands.

Sorry, so very nice to see you

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Haha! I knew you would make a comment about the spelling.
He is so predictable, that it's cute.

I'm half asleep, but going out for fish and chips and the dollar store with my Sister.

Mmmm fish and chips, haven't had it in years, does it come on a news paper the old fashion way? I would kill for some delectable greasy food. I crave fat during winter. Not carbs, fat.
Have fun with the Sis.
You a PM when you get back.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A song especially for you WIS.. Happy New Year 😏

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

The fish and chops are wrapped in paper if it's take out, not newspaper though. This restaurant was opened in the 1800's by folks from England.

Ah, so my spelling of whiskey must be the Irish in me, or the American. LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
HA! I saw Heart back in the 70's. I used to dress like that and like Stevie Nicks.
Great intro!

One of the roadies was looking for the nearest music store as they needed something for the bands performance that night. They spoke very highly of Anne and Nancy Williams.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Heart were awesome !

Just a FYI, their name is Wilson.

Hope you are well and enjoying the vibes !
Music can change your mood ... so good.

posted on Jan, 14 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Hahaha! I know. And I know and I made a mistake in my reply to WIS too by saying fish and chops. instead of fish and chips. Bahaha! Pixies must have spiked my coffee or something. Sheesh, little buggers are tricky aren't they? Ok, it wasn't the pixies, it was me getting old.

How are ya tonight mate?

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join