It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 24

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Yes it seems like forever when you don't post a song. You've introduced to me to many great talents and I thank you for that!

We have wind warnings here. Earlier I could hear the tree branches scratching and banging against the house. I just looked out the window and said, "Hello friend." Love that old tree!

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Dreaming of Spring

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Ha !
I read that wrong, picturing Johnny Depp ...

" You are
the bird of happiness
in the magic of exististence
RUM!"

LOL !

posted on Jan, 16 2020 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

Haha!

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Just what everybody wants to do first thing in the morning before coffee after a family game night of Monopoly that ran really late -- flush a wild animal out of the house. In our case, a squirrel that got in via the chimney and got through the fireplace doors. Damn thing must have body slammed the magnetic doors open.

I was rather rudely awoken around 7:30 or 8:00 by the older kid yelling from downstairs, "Who the heck let a squirrel in the house?" To which my fuzzy, barely awake brain went, "Huh? What is she yelling about down there?" I noticed a lot of thumps and thuds in quick succession, so I figured maybe I should drag my ass out of the warm, cozy bed and figure out what exactly was going on, because "squirrel" and "in the house" hadn't quite registered yet. Lack of coffee, ya know?

I stumbled my butt over to the doorway and peeked around the corner of the stairwell into the offensiveness that was the bright morning sun shining through the front door's floor-to-ceiling side windows. Ugh, too damn early for that assault on the eyes. Then I noticed a small, brown fuzzy thing barreling up the stairs at me. In my groggy state, best I could do was back up real quick while making some kind of squeak-yelp noise, slam the door shut just in time to hear the animal slam into it & bounce off, and yell at hubs to "Get the hell up, there's an animal in the house, and it's not one of ours!"

He groggily stumbles his own hind end out of bed, muttering something under his breath I'm sure wasn't polite, and goes out the door. "Yep, it's a squirrel. I gotta go to the bathroom first." And so he does, lmfao, leaving the squirrel running around the living room like a chicken with it's head cut off, and the older kid in the kitchen armed with the broom, lmfao. It actively avoided the kitchen, so she was safe in there.

The older kid did have the good sense to make sure Bert's hutch was latched (he spends the night in it now, on account of peeing on the couch in the middle of the night) and to shove the cat in the younger kid's bedroom & shut the door. The cat was cowering under the kitchen table like a 4-legged pansy-ass, so it's not like he was going to help corner it. If our Old Man cat was still around, he'd have caught and eaten the squirrel already by that point, but this one is far from a hunter.

So at that point, the cat's meowing his ass off in the younger kid's room, the bird's going nuts, Bert's hyperactively running around his hutch like "Oh boy, oh boy, a new friend? Hi, new friend, hi!" Yeah, good thing he wasn't out roaming around. Oh, and the squirrel's still going bats# crazy around the living room, there wasn't much left on the mantle or fireplace's flanking bookshelves at that point. It'd pretty much knocked everything off by then.

Hubs tried to corner and grab it with a blanket, but that didn't work well, squirrel was too wiggly. So we came to the conclusion real quick to just grit our teeth, fling the front door wide open, brace the screen door open, block off the stairs with one of the bigger pictures off the wall, and block off the open side of the front hall that goes to the downstairs bedrooms with another big picture off the wall, and hubs would herd the squirrel in the direction of the door.

It worked. Squirrel took off like greased lightning as soon as it saw the open door to the cold-ass outside world. Squirrel had such velocity going forth that it skidded and careened into the glass storm door on the screen door, "THOOOOOIIIIINNNNNNGGGGG!" I half-expected a shattered 6 foot pane of storm glass, but it luckily held up fine.

After that, the pictures were re-hung, and the living room cleaned up. A crystal vase on the bookshelves got knocked over, I'm damn surprised it didn't break. Bert was so wound up that he was more interested in investigating the spots the squirrel was than eating his breakfast (probably sniffing the odor trail, must have smelled weird to him) And the bird calmed down to annoyed bitching-chattering (bird owners know the chatter type I mean) That was well-before his wake-up time, he tends to sleep until around 10am, so he was not happy.

After everything was said & done, and cleaned up, turns out that older kid only woke up because the squirrel was tear-assing through her room knocking stuff over. "I thought it was Bert at first because Bert likes to get into my stuff to wake me up for food, but Bert can't climb my bookcase..." Thaaaaat made me wonder how many times it'd been through our room before I woke up o.O Nothing seems out of place in our room, so maybe it didn't? Or just stuck to roaming via the floor?

Hubs thinks the squirrel had to weight a good 5 or 6 pounds, "That would have made a good meal!" Lol, I got a good look at it going out the front door, it was the biggest one of the bunch we're aware of, whom we call "Diva". Diva appears to be the neighborhood matriarch, a bossy, pushy jerk who gets all the seeds at the bird feeders before any other squirrel is allowed near it. I don't think the other squirrels would have missed her much XD

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

OMG, ahahaha!! That was a great read over coffee this morning! You crack me up Nyiah.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Good Day My Lovlies!

Going out later. I don't have the energy to get dressed yet. Only had one cup of coffee so far. Stretch like a cat, wipe the sandman out of my eyes and pray to the wake up Gods to visit. But...I'm still in semi hibernation mode until the end of winter. Zzzzzz

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey, Syx, where are you???

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Didn't get to go out today so we are going out tomorrow. Supposed to get snow tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yo!

Almost 1 AM and i am spending time online. Got some beers here but i am not enthusiastic at all by the idea of getting drunk. I just take a little sip every now and then and listen to all kinds of music.

Here is what i am listening to right now:

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Some more music.

This also a Finnish band, like Poets of the fall

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Thank you music man! I love the music you chose for tonight! I would imagine you are fast asleep and dreaming by now.
Sleep well Fin.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   
PM for ya...

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You are the Master. I am with Night this made my day.
After a sixteen hours first day marathon you had me laugh'n my boots off. Way to go girl.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Can we all move there? Please. I want to be appreciated for my lunacy with other "lunnies".
But wouldn't we just be "normal" then? A conundrum.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Hi Fin, hope you are well. I know you like winter.
are you getting any sauna time in?
I have a love/hate relation ship to it.
It is beautiful ,alien and challenging, but it is so dangerous for me to drive in that I have come to dread it.
Cheers Sir

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

HA! A conundrum indeed. I suppose we could check it out though eh?

Time for movies, but I'll check in later.

Girl, you work too many hours. I get tired just thinking about it.

posted on Jan, 17 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Love that artwork! Love the foxes!!! I wrote 'tat' instead of that. Oh my Gawd! LOL

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join