It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George Zimmerman Sue's Trayvon Martin's Family for $100 mil

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I promised my master I would never call anyone a fool.

(post by Traptomisprime removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Traptomisprime

A hispanic man killed a black man.

2nd.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Traptomisprime

He's not even white. Do you have a room temp IQ?

Regardless, even you deserve a fair trial, if they did in fact use a fake witness, we've all got a huge problem here.

Try and avoid the ignorant race division, if you can muster up enough brain cells to talk about the subject without loosing

your cool.

edit on 12 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
Hello ATS.

I almost didn't want to post this news because some people think Zimmerman is justified in his actions and that Trayvon deserves what happened. While others feel that Zimmerman was in the wrong and got to walk free.
I want to discuss this however, and get the opinion of ATS. Does anyone agree with Zimmerman?

How would it make anyone feel to have their family member killed by someone then have the killer sue you? Does this even sound right? Someone kills a family member of yours, walks free, and then comes back years later and sues you? What says ATS?

mol.im...

If they falsified evidence hey deserve it. IF they did it, it sounds more than right, it sounds like exactly what should happen.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Traptomisprime
This is why people hate white people #a reply to: lostbook

They hate white people because a Hispanic person defended himself and then did not sit back and do nothing when he found out evidence was falsified?

I mean I know the people who hate white people are really really stupid, but that's next level stupid.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Way too much.

Whenever I hear about cases like this with high totals, I ask myself how much money would that person have made without the fiasco that changed their life? No way Zimmerman was going to make 100 million on his own, let alone 1 million.

Suing to get back money spent on the trial and maybe 7 years wages, maybe double that total amount. Call it 750K to *maybe* 1.2 million.

Also, that OP 'Daily Mail' headline is very clunky and not very subtle about their opinion on the matter.

Yeah, it was the first article I read on this update to the Zim/Trayvon scandal so i ran with it.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This thread went exactly as expected. Dead guy had darker skin than the killer. Meh. Taking their son's life wasn't enough, SUE HIS BLACK PARENTS!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Trayvon's mother is running for office on the coat tails of the case. She coached a girl to testify as a star witness against Zimmerman that could have landed him in prison for life. The girl was said to be Treyvons girlfriend and was on the phone with him just before the shooting. Both were lies.

The prosecutor knew she was a false witness and may still lose his license over it.

I remember the case the testimony and the divide it caused around here. I live about 10 minutes away from the area. Zimmerman is not a good person IMO but it seems to me he should have every right to sue the family for lies and the fact that those lies almost removed his freedom. The mother should have been brought up on charges for coaching a false witness but instead, she got a book deal and may wind up as a government official.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Traptomisprime
This is why people hate white people #a reply to: lostbook

What is 13 percent but also half?

Ps a half Jewish “not white” and half puerto rican “not white” who was dating a black women at the time is why people hate white people?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
This thread went exactly as expected. Dead guy had darker skin than the killer. Meh. Taking their son's life wasn't enough, SUE HIS BLACK PARENTS!

Zimmerman also plans on auctioning the court documents, like he did the murder weapon for 250k...

this country is a joke

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Yeah, Zimmerman is obviously a POS. Profiting off of someone's death is despicable. Crazy to think that there are people on here who actually defend this cretin.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Did you miss the part where Treyvon's mother has been profiting off her son's death and is also trying to get an elected to office from it.

I would generally feel bad for her, but the false witness and a false testimony tests my compassion. He was acquitted even with the lies and deceit involved from the prosecution.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

If family members weren't allowed to "profit" off of deaths then no one should ever be able to sue for wrongful death.

But I do see your point to a certain extent. I don't condone what she did but I think I'll give her a bit more leeway than Zimmerman seeing as she is the one who lost a child. Zimmerman killed a kid and used the weapon to profit. About as scummy as you can get in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

What a tool. And what kind of moron would buy that the weapon. Only a sick #

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Grimpachi

If family members weren't allowed to "profit" off of deaths then no one should ever be able to sue for wrongful death.

But I do see your point to a certain extent. I don't condone what she did but I think I'll give her a bit more leeway than Zimmerman seeing as she is the one who lost a child. Zimmerman killed a kid and used the weapon to profit. About as scummy as you can get in my opinion.

Yes, Zimmerman is pretty scummy in my opinion also. I get the self defense angle from Zimmerman but he brought it on himself by confronting Trayvon. He couldn't handle the situation he got himself into; his gun was an easy way out.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My sympathy went out the window for her when I found out they tried to rig the trial. If rule of law really mattered she should have been brought up on charges, but since that didn't happen then her getting sued is fair game.

Zimmerman is pretty scummy but that in itself isn't a crime. Pushing a teenager into giving false testimony is also scummy as well as a crime. Isn't coaching the same as witness tampering or is it not witness tampering because the girl was never a witness in the first place.

I do get that the mother was grieving as any would if they lost a child. She may want to look in the mirror for some of the blame though. Trayvon was kicked out of school and she had sent him away to his father who didn't seem to be doing much to straighten him out either. If Treyvon had just gone home instead of going for a beatdown on someone he didn't know he would be alive. This is Florida a lot of people are legally armed and no one that is being attacked is going to say "hey are you a regular thug or a wannabe thug" before using whatever force is available to stop an assault on themselves. Since the coroners report tested positive I am sure Trayvon was thinking about his future on his walk home while high.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Bench trial.

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
He’s a sicko who should be in jail. a reply to: lostbook

posted on Dec, 5 2019 @ 01:28 AM
link   

It has always amazed me how in the US somebody who isnt worth millions can sue somebody else who isnt worth millions, for millions.

These numbers are just crazy. At most he should be allowed to say for list income and inconvenience. Suing should be about recovering losses, not about punishment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join