It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have to cut our nails but animals don't?!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Is this a curse from god himself? Animals can dig, they can cut things with their nails and never need to cut any nails off.

We have to always cut our nails our else it grow super long. Our nails are useless. We can't use it for digging, they are fragile as heck compare to animals and we can't even use its to attack people without our nail snapping.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Probably good for picking fleas off when we were still critters of the wild...lol

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Animals do. Study up on pet keeping and most animals need nail or beak or hoof or claw trimming unless they're living wild in conditions keeping those things worn down.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

My cats bite their nails off regularly, and leave the empty husks all over the place.

I don't always cut my finger nails, I often peal them off, and then file them. Toe nails are another story!

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
flagg dad, and we humans have to buy a bottle and take vitamin C but they make it

but decorum prevents us from going back to our own upchuck...blow chunks...hurl....spew ...if I hurl and she bolts....hows that go1
edit on 3-12-2019 by GBP/JPY because: TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

A lot of animals nails wear down from running around outside but they still have to bite them off sometimes if they don't wear or break on their own. If they didn't their nails would grow too long and start to curl. I saw a pic recently of a dog whose nails had curled under so far they punctured and grew through their pads!

My nails usually break off before they get too long because of all the meds I take. I miss the days of being able to grow my nails long and polish them. *sigh*

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I wish my Basset Hounds would have got the memo.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

One of our cats actually chews it's nails to keep them trimmed, we have to trim the other cats nails or they dig into our skin when he jumps up onto you.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

One of our cats actually chews it's nails to keep them trimmed, we have to trim the other cats nails or they dig into our skin when he jumps up onto you.

We clip our dog's nails. He's an inside dog so they don't wear down on their own and I'm not paying a groomer every few weeks to do it. He's a pitbull and he loves to play but I'm on blood thinners and bleed easily so clipping is very necessary.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

Is this a curse from god himself? Animals can dig, they can cut things with their nails and never need to cut any nails off.

We have to always cut our nails our else it grow super long. Our nails are useless. We can't use it for digging, they are fragile as heck compare to animals and we can't even use its to attack people without our nail snapping.

You dont realize it but they're integral to using our hands for manipulating objects.

I know you cant imagine life with having flesh tips on your fingers without nails but trust me, it'd be excruciatingly painful to the point that our species would've never evolved to the point that it has. We probably wouldn't even be very smart or good at solving problems, industry or production of any kind. Our braisn would've never been stimulated by our works because our fingers would be too sensitive and easily hurt.

If you press up on a finger from underneath with your thumb, it feels firm. Without a nail even that would hurt.

posted on Dec, 3 2019 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

My cats bite their nails off regularly, and leave the empty husks all over the place.

I don't always cut my finger nails, I often peal them off, and then file them. Toe nails are another story!

As our border collie got older we would gave to cut her nails, she hated it when she was active she wore them down.

LOL what is it about toe nails? They become the hardest substance I have to some times throw a towrl over my toes to keep em fom flying off when I clip them

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Our nails actually aren't for digging. Their function is to put pressure on the tips of fingers and toes to improve sensitivity of touch / feeling.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
In anatomy I was told nails protect our digits. Now ladies even put long fake nails on for "beauty."

My dog and 5 cats all get trims every month. Most domestic animals need trims and horses etc. They arn't vain like humans.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Well, how are they going to hold the nail clippers.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:33 AM
link   

What does this thread have to do with male nipples?

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Because we live indoors and punch computer keys instead of dig holes, hunt and stuff that would wear our nails away naturally
As stated, inside animals have long nail issues in modern society

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

sounds like evolution to me

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

So growing longer nails is proof of evolution to you, not surprised

If we lost our nails altogether I would believe that it’s evolution Ak but

edit on 4-12-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Our nails actually aren't for digging. Their function is to put pressure on the tips of fingers and toes to improve sensitivity of touch / feeling.

And for protection.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Akragon

So growing longer nails is proof of evolution to you, not surprised

If we lost our nails altogether I would believe that it’s evolution Ak but

lol.. its not about the nails

we haven't always punched keyboards.. ye know

top topics