It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we have to cut our nails but animals don't?!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: Raggedyman

sounds like evolution to me

So growing longer nails is proof of evolution to you, not surprised

If we lost our nails altogether I would believe that it’s evolution Ak but

lol.. its not about the nails

we haven't always punched keyboards.. ye know

Oh so punching keyboards is proof of evolution, still not surprising from you Ak

Evidently tippy tapping on a keyboard is proof humanity came from space dust and space dirt, ye know 🙄

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Fortunately we don’t have to lick our own bottoms...

OoOOOeeerrrr...

Lags

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

And unfortunately we can't lick the other parts.

P

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Why bother discussing evolution with him? It's like showing card tricks to a dog.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

We had a Rottweiler, and a bed which had this design at the foot and headbaord that looked like electric conduit fanned out (maybe 8-10 vertical pieces and a bar across the top.) She would get up on the bed and use a vertical piece to separate her toes while she worked on chewing them. Her very own canine pedicure station.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

As others have said, living wild tends to keep animals' nails/claws in check.

For example, I have two dogs. A Catahoula and a German Shepherd.

The German Shepherd is very active outside and works just about every day.

The Catahoula is a lazy slob who spends most of his days sleeping on my side of the bed and eating.

Never have we had to clip the German Shepherd's nails.

We have to clip the Catahoula's just about weekly.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

They do. If cats don't trim their nails they grow into their paws. My older cat can't trim hers well anymore so I have to cut them.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
a reply to: Akragon

Why bother discussing evolution with him? It's like showing card tricks to a dog.

So I guess you believe growing long nails, tapping on a keyboard is evolution as well.
Genius...

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
....all I have to say: City people....sigh

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

And unfortunately we can't lick the other parts.

P

Give the dog a biscuit, it might let you 😳😳😳🤣🤣😂😂

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

LAGS!

Back on topic, Our indoor guinnea pigs nails are terrible. Always need trimming back else they go really curly and dig in their pads.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Withou nails, mankind loses out on a very persuasive form of torture.
Btw...rodents need to gnaw every day or their teeth will outgrow their mouths. Good thing we don't need to file the old incisors regularly!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

How much do you really know about animals?

I'm not trying to be a snot but for heaven's sake the money I have to pay to get my goats/horses and dogs feet done, and the trauma to clip my cats nails is unbelievable.

Ouch!

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Why do we have to cut our nails but animals don't?

Don't know bout others.

I trim cause I don't want to draw blood when i'm scratching myself.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Because most of us don’t chase down antelope on all fours. I said most of us because that’s how I still hunt buffalo and mountain lions. Naked, smeared with mud and bear grease with a flint knife between my teeth.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

One of our cats actually chews it's nails to keep them trimmed, we have to trim the other cats nails or they dig into our skin when he jumps up onto you.

We clip our dog's nails. He's an inside dog so they don't wear down on their own and I'm not paying a groomer every few weeks to do it. He's a pitbull and he loves to play but I'm on blood thinners and bleed easily so clipping is very necessary.

They have those grinders that grind the nail down, they take batteries though. Do you know anyone who has tried one of those? The trouble is that they are way to big for a cat otherwise we would have bought one.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Animals do.

Yes, quite right. Active dogs don't need their nails cut as they get worn. Horses get their hooves trimmed.

Edit to add that I once knew a dry stone-waller. He commented that nails were always filed to perfection (from laying walls) and he had no finger prints.
edit on 4/12/2019 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Not too many ladies I know who appreciate men with uncut fingernails, I try to pass this on to young guys but they don't listen. Lol

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I haven't tried them on a cat but they are no good at all on a pitbull or any large breed dog- their nails are too thick and it would take a week to grind them down. I ended up giving it away to my neighbor for her chihuahua and she said it was okay but still took a long time.

posted on Dec, 4 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissBeck

LAGS!

Back on topic, Our indoor guinnea pigs nails are terrible. Always need trimming back else they go really curly and dig in their pads.

I used to work for a guy who had a daughter who would give her guinea pigs pedicures including fluorescent pink sparkle glitter nail-polish. I have had all sorts of small mammals that required some sort of nail and/or tooth trimming at one time or another. At this time, I have 10 mice (all too tiny to even really see their nails but their teeth are like needles), and a rabbit, "Oatmeal", who required having his incisors trimmed every 6 weeks until i opted to have them surgically removed. One of his upper incisors grew back and causes him a ton of problems if it gets too long, so I need to schedule him to have this "peg" tooth removed. It's somewhat difficult to trim the nails on his feet, the front paws aren't too bad, but rabbits have incredible strength in their rear legs and feet and "Oatie" will sometimes KICK and he usually gets me right in the chin causing me to bite my tongue leaving a giant welt and scratch. Then he wants to be massaged.

OP- Nobody is telling you that you must cut your nails! This guy has been growing his since 1952:

edit on 1242019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join