It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick Fil A Bends The Knee, After Leftist Outrage Mobs, Chick Fil Drops Christian charities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Interesting that LGBT folks acting together is a mob but Christians working together is a church.

I have no issue with a company expressing their beliefs. The company in return should have no issue with me and mine expressing ours.
edit on 19-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: notice

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

If people don't want to patronize CFA because they don't like the company's religious culture, then I have no problem with that. However, I do have a problem with politicians and bureaucrats blocking a business from opening just because they don't like the company's culture.

As a rule, I think businesses should stay out of religion and social issues. It never ends well.

In CFA's case, religion is clearly apart of the corporate culture. Which I have zero problem with. Not a place I'd want to work, but have no problem buying their product. It would be different IMHO if they were overtly pushing their beliefs on customers.

Meanwhile, you have corporations tripping over themselves trying to virtue signal hoping it will bring them sales.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I have a problem with governments acting against a single business as well for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Shame for Chick-Fil-A.

FCA and Salvation army? Something somewhere got to them. Perhaps their Christianity isn't as important as they'd like to claim....

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

As a rule, I think businesses should stay out of religion and social issues. It never ends well.

You better tell that to all the Halal food and meat companies popping up. It’s becoming a huge business and is totally religious based.

Once again you have to wonder why the LGBTQ never presses these businesses on where they are donating or funneling profits to. These businesse’s religion are absolutely cruel to homosexuals, yet they remain shielded from any reasonable critique or questions.

It looks like it’s true.. Christianity is the most persecuted religion, even in America.

edit on 19-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Yeah but if the Halal Guys started making donations to say Toys for ISIS I would have the same objections.

And they would be just as stupid mixing Jihad with a business no?

But Halal like Kosher is more marketing than anything else. people seem to think that it implies a high quality. I'm not saying its right, but thats the perception.

It looks like it’s true.. Christianity is the most persecuted religion, even in America.

Oh brother..........
edit on 11/19/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Christianity is not the “most persecuted” religion anywhere, least of all in America, though that doesn’t lessen the whining does it? Victim hood abounds.

70% of Americans are Christians. You are in the majority overwhelmingly. You guys like to point out that we are less than 2% of the population ... so how exactly are we “persecuting you”?

American Muslim businesses are not giving money to organizations that support and work toward depriving American gay citizens of our rights in our own country as does FCA and the Salvation Army. If they are, then they too should be boycotted.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

Yeah but if the Halal Guys started making donations to say Toys for ISIS I would have the same objections.

And they would be just as stupid mixing Jihad with a business no?

But Halal like Kosher is more marketing than anything else. people seem to think that it implies a high quality. I'm not saying its right, but thats the perception.

We actually don’t know for sure where the Halal guys are funnelling or donating profits to , through covert means. I’d say the Salvation Army and their stance on same sex marriage is mild compared to Muslim culture’s views on it.

The Salvation Army disagrees with same sex marriage.. Muslims throw gays off of rooftops to their deaths. Huge difference in attitude there.

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Its a chain with 200 stores in the works. But we don't know cause their owners do not make splashy religious based proclamations or large corporate public donations to charities that do.

Your making an assumption that all consumers or purveyors of Halal food are radical Islam???

Harris Ranch Beef Company in California is one of the biggest int he west and produces a large amount of Halal meat.

edit on 11/19/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Christian Fundamentalists in this country regularly float calls for gays to be killed a la Old Testament. Have any American Muslims called for that?

If so, your comparison might have some merit. As such, not so much.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

You’re correct.. I am making assumptions.. which is wrong. My apologies to anyone I may have offended.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Christian Fundamentalists in this country regularly float calls for gays to be killed a la Old Testament. Have any American Muslims called for that?

If so, your comparison might have some merit. As such, not so much.

Sorry, but I’ve never heard of any fundamentalist Christians calling for gays to be killed, but that’s not saying it doesn’t happen.

Can you be so sure no American Muslims have called for that ? After all it was a Muslim that entered a gay bar, armed, and shot down how many ? What Muslims say publicly and what is more private within their mosques could be two different stories.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

70% of Americans are Christians. You are in the majority overwhelmingly. You guys like to point out that we are less than 2% of the population ... so how exactly are we “persecuting you”?

I call bs on those stats. It may have been 70% many decades ago, but it is far lower now.

How do gays persecute Christians ? By constantly accusing them of hate for simply not believing in their sexual lifestyles. Manipulating political agendas so they have more power and say.

Christians are persecuted all over the world, if not by words, than by deeds.. some of which are horrendous. Even on this site Christians are mocked and taunted by those with supposedly superior intellects.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Even on this site Christians are mocked and taunted by those with supposedly superior intellects.

Yes i had noticed and a personal level i am tired of seeing threads that always ask or wonder whatever or not Jesus is or was fake. If he was fake and didn't exist they wouldn't have stories about him.

But going onto this length is to far for my liking, just to try criticize the anyone else not named Jesus you would see what kind of criticism your thread or post might get.
edit on 20-11-2019 by ChefFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: Raggedyman

What do you think Sheye, is unmarried sex acceptable in a Christian church
You clearly hate homosexuals with your bitter question about them
Singling them out as “worse” sinners than others

You equate them with pedophiles, then single them as the worst type of sinners

You really are the reason I am so disappointed with the Christian community

I don’t hate homosexuals at all ! It is the sexual act I disagree with, so don’t go twisting my words again.

You say I am making certain sins worse than others, but isn’t that what you do by hatefully targeting pedophiles and anyone who is JW. If a sin is a sin is a sin .. then they are all on the same level playing field.

I’ve had long in depth conversations with gays and I can assure you I have no hate for them. I pray for their conversion everyday with love.

Double edged tongues and hypocritical judgement is why I can’t stomach Christians like you at times. But I forgive you and am quite content in letting God be my judge as far as intent goes.

So are you now saying there is no compassion between homosexuals and pedophiles, good

I targeted a organisation that protects and harbours pedophiles and members who don’t stand up to those actions
Comprehend that?
That’s all
edit on 20-11-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76

Christians don’t do that, Christians are called to judge each other, not those outside the church.

Actually we are not called to Judge anyone. We can criticize a behavior of another person but no judgement. As to why just read 1 Corinthians 4:5

Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time; wait until the Lord comes. He will bring to light what is hidden in darkness and will expose the motives of men's hearts. At that time each will receive his praise from God.

As to Judging each other i will also refer you to read Romans 14:10 , Romans 14:13 and James 4:11.

Just my 2 cents on that matter.

Peace

You should read the whole book of Corinthians
bible.org...

And then Corinthians 2 after they settled down

Judgement was necessary and was addressed
Corinthians, have a gander at it

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

One effectively “calls BS” by offering facts not just saying “that’s not so.” Provide evidence to the contrary.

So, in your idea, all gay people are constantly accusing all Christians of hate? Let’s assume that absurdity made sense.

Jesus told you that the world would hate you for his sake. That’s what you signed up for, no? Why would you be surprised? In fact, Paul suggested that it was a point of faith to bear the burden of the way the world would treat you.

Right? Isn’t that in your own Book?

In actuality though, you’re merely repeating the typical nonsense and exhibiting ordinary hypocrisy. Jesus Christ said nothing about same sex attraction or action. That’s stuff you guys put together on your own. Jesus did say love your neighbor ... and he did say that you should not judge others (I know that’s not very popular with modern Christians) ... so I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with other people’s sexual acts. Do you equally go after the adulterers and fornicators? How about people who get divorced? Jesus specifically forbade that except in cases of infidelity.

And in the end, so what. You believe that I’m committing sin by simply existing. Whoopteedo. Mind your own business.

If you gang together with other like minded folks to take our civil rights away from us, we will gang together to keep you from doing so.

Oh, and PS ...

Protestants continue to make up the largest religious group in America, totaling 49% of U.S. adults interviewed as part of Gallup's Daily tracking in 2017. Catholics are the next-largest group, at 23% of the population, with Mormons accounting for about 2%. This means that about three-quarters of Americans, overall, identify with a Christian faith
Gallup

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

What do you think Sheye, is unmarried sex acceptable in a Christian church
You clearly hate homosexuals with your bitter question about them
Singling them out as “worse” sinners than others

You equate them with pedophiles, then single them as the worst type of sinners

You really are the reason I am so disappointed with the Christian community

I don’t hate homosexuals at all ! It is the sexual act I disagree with, so don’t go twisting my words again.

You say I am making certain sins worse than others, but isn’t that what you do by hatefully targeting pedophiles and anyone who is JW. If a sin is a sin is a sin .. then they are all on the same level playing field.

I’ve had long in depth conversations with gays and I can assure you I have no hate for them. I pray for their conversion everyday with love.

Double edged tongues and hypocritical judgement is why I can’t stomach Christians like you at times. But I forgive you and am quite content in letting God be my judge as far as intent goes.

So are you now saying there is no compassion between homosexuals and pedophiles, good

I targeted a organisation that protects and harbours pedophiles and members who don’t stand up to those actions
Comprehend that?
That’s all

I can understand targeting pedophiles, but you were targeting a member of an organization ( JW’s) and demanding and berating him to clean up the pedophile sin in his church. They are not his sins.

That’s like asking a Catholic to stop all the molestation from priests. Yet that’s what you demand from those innocent of the sin. Seems unfair and bullyish to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

One effectively “calls BS” by offering facts not just saying “that’s not so.” Provide evidence to the contrary.

So, in your idea, all gay people are constantly accusing all Christians of hate? Let’s assume that absurdity made sense.

Jesus told you that the world would hate you for his sake. That’s what you signed up for, no? Why would you be surprised? In fact, Paul suggested that it was a point of faith to bear the burden of the way the world would treat you.

Right? Isn’t that in your own Book?

In actuality though, you’re merely repeating the typical nonsense and exhibiting ordinary hypocrisy. Jesus Christ said nothing about same sex attraction or action. That’s stuff you guys put together on your own. Jesus did say love your neighbor ... and he did say that you should not judge others (I know that’s not very popular with modern Christians) ... so I’m not sure why you’re so obsessed with other people’s sexual acts. Do you equally go after the adulterers and fornicators? How about people who get divorced? Jesus specifically forbade that except in cases of infidelity.

And in the end, so what. You believe that I’m committing sin by simply existing. Whoopteedo. Mind your own business.

If you gang together with other like minded folks to take our civil rights away from us, we will gang together to keep you from doing so.

Oh, and PS ...

Protestants continue to make up the largest religious group in America, totaling 49% of U.S. adults interviewed as part of Gallup's Daily tracking in 2017. Catholics are the next-largest group, at 23% of the population, with Mormons accounting for about 2%. This means that about three-quarters of Americans, overall, identify with a Christian faith
Gallup

I never said ALL gay people hate..( though it may have appeared that way )... but it’s obvious through the lawsuits that Christian bakers have had to endure as well as what CFA went through that some gay people definitely seem to hate Christians. Why can’t they accept that many Christians don’t condone their sexual lifestyles but still love them ?

Some gay people get very nasty and vindictive when they think their lifestyle is not being accepted. As far as Jesus never saying anything about same sex relationships... how do you know for sure he didn’t ? The bible is snippets of writings from here and there and chosen by men to make into a book. St. Paul definitely wrote about NOT being gay, and he was guided by the Holy Spirit. So please don’t say Jesus never said anything about it. He may very well have said things throughout his ministry that didn’t make the bible. You’re smart enough to know the New Testament hardly covers in depth the three years of Jesus’s ministry, though it does cover some. What is covered is often repeated in different gospels but worded differently.

Finally , I’d like to address your comment about Christians submitting to hate. Your not the first person who has suggested I let people mistreat me because I am Christian. I find that attitude smugly hateful, and reeks of more Christian abuse.

This is what I hear from some non Christians who just LOVE to stick it to us.
Don’t judge lest you be judged..yet they judge all the time. It’s ok for them.. but not for you.
Put up with verbal and physical abuse because Jesus said so.. all the while they are fighting tooth and nail against any abuse thrown their way.

Who are these hypocrites who throw expectations at us and taunt us with putdowns ? They are the true hypocrites!
Finally, I would just like to say this. Christians are NOT perfect and many struggle to try and follow the words of the New Testament. Personally, this is the reason why I am a Christian... I need the grace of Jesus everyday to love my enemies and pray for them.

edit on 20-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

No Matter what Chik Fil A does it will never be enough for leftist whackjobs. It never is. We've seen it 1000x over.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join