It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick Fil A Bends The Knee, After Leftist Outrage Mobs, Chick Fil Drops Christian charities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Chick Fil A Bends The Knee, After Leftist Outrage Mobs, Chick Fil Drops Christian charities

Chick-fil-A no longer donates to controversial Christian charities after LGBTQ protests

Chick-Fil-A said on Monday that it has stopped funding two Christian charities with histories of opposing same-sex marriage.

The fast-food chain has faced criticism in the past for its charitable donations and CEO Dan Cathy’s public comments opposing gay marriage

Chick-Fil-A said on Monday that it has stopped funding two Christian charities after coming under fire in recent weeks from LGBTQ activists. The fast-food chain’s foundation has donated millions of dollars to The Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Both organizations have a history of opposing same-sex marriage.

Chick-fil-A said it no longer funds the organizations. “We made multi-year commitments to both organisations and we fulfilled those obligations in 2018,” a spokeswoman for Chick-fil-A told the Thomson Reuters Foundation, adding the company would focus its giving on “education, homelessness and hunger.”

Chick Fil A Bends The Knee To The Leftist Outrage Mob, The Right Faces MASSIVE Cultural Disadvantage

You would rather think and believe that LGBTQ activists and LGBTQ communities would be at least supportive if you as a company would be supporting Christians and their way of donating to Christians charade groups? you thought be wrong.

For the first time after the LGBTQ activists protests agaisnt Chick Fil for supporting Christian charities, Chick Fil had announced that they would be no longer supporting nor donating to Christian charities. Instead the company will focus onto giving and providing, rising awareness on education, homelessness and hunger.

Whats the Beff with the LGBTQ Communities Against Christians and Christianity?
If anything i am more amazed that the LGBTQ Communities along with their so called activists that wont even eat at Chick Fil had being protesting agaisnt Chick Fil because they had being donating millions to Christian charities?

Is this how LGBT communities honestly believe that they would be winning the hearts and minds of people? you know if anything there had being some christian supporters who had being neutral on the whole issue of same sex marriages and homosexuality but what these LGBT activists had being doing is going to far.

Social justice groups are using these groups like a ponder bag. And are using this as a small victory in this cultural war.

+25 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If you let a mob of outraged people change your convictions you didn’t have any in the first place.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
If you let a mob of outraged people change your convictions you didn’t have any in the first place.

The mob wasn't the problem, the politics were. Chik-Fil-A was perfectly happy letting the marketplace decide how to handle any outrage over their policies and principles. The mob wasn't hurting their bottom line in any way, as the locations were still selling big numbers of product and the line were out the door. The political side caught wind that the marketplace wasn't deciding the way the mob wanted them to, however, and we suddenly see nonsense like Boston Mayor Mumbles Menino blockading them from even opening a location in Boston, or San Antonio city council refusing to grant them a permit. In other words, artificial controls inside a supposedly free market once again rear their ugly head and once again prove that the First Amendment is a crock of crap to some.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Bend for a bunch of protesting idiots because CFA donated to the Salvation Army and FCA? The Salvation Army helps homeless, etc... What does the gay and other liberals do for the homeless? Stupid asses.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The founder of Chick-Fil-A passed away recently. I expect he would have been perfectly happy not opening a store in Boston.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Its not surprising at all actually:

Religion and business are a poor mix usually.

Its easy to maintain a narrow stance be it left or right when you are a local or regional entity. Once you get national or International ambitions then that narrow stance becomes in issue in other markets.

They have ZERO shareholder pressure to change their policy as they are Privately held company but they decided perhaps that this stance was bad for their expansion plans and made changes accordingly

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don’t see the outrage myself
Don’t think these changes will change anyone’s minds or hearts either
The LGBTQ protesters are still going to be angry and hurt
Chick filla will donate their money somewhere else, another needy charity, probably Christian as well??

Finally, is it a bad thing trying to not cause harm to a group of people
Christians are supposed to be loving and caring, many seem upset they are trying to be loving and caring.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that business is business and politics shouldn’t be part of the business model of your company. Sadly, there are a multitude of virtue signaling companies that inflict their politics on society. Disney, P&G (Gillette) and others are constantly bombarding us with their bullcrap.

The fact that Chik’fil’a has stopped the madness is a step in the right direction. Now if only we could get their liberal counter parts to follow suit.
edit on 2019/11/18 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Finally, is it a bad thing trying to not cause harm to a group of people
Christians are supposed to be loving and caring, many seem upset they are trying to be loving and caring.

This is a ridiculous, ridiculous argument. It really is. The groups donated to weren't trying to cause harm to anyone, they are simply pushing an agenda that states they believe the act of homosexuality is wrong. By your logic, any organization that takes a position on any social issue is effectively causing harm to others. Hell, GLAAD is causing harm to parents who don't want their children exposed to the normalization of alternative lifestyle choices, yes?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

They stopped donating to groups that oppose gay marriage.
Good thing?
Bad thing?

Did you want them to keep donating to those groups?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Instead the company will focus onto giving and providing, rising awareness on education, homelessness and hunger.

I would say that cause is better than the cause to stop gay marriage. Good for Chic Fil A.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
Its not surprising at all actually:

Religion and business are a poor mix usually.

Its easy to maintain a narrow stance be it left or right when you are a local or regional entity. Once you get national or International ambitions then that narrow stance becomes in issue in other markets.

They have ZERO shareholder pressure to change their policy as they are Privately held company but they decided perhaps that this stance was bad for their expansion plans and made changes accordingly

it sounds like they chose profit over principal. But I'm glad they stiffed the Salvation Army. Those mercenaries are bad news.
edit on 18-11-2019 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The mob wasn't the problem, the politics were. Chik-Fil-A was perfectly happy letting the marketplace decide how to handle any outrage over their policies and principles. The mob wasn't hurting their bottom line in any way, as the locations were still selling big numbers of product and the line were out the door. The political side caught wind that the marketplace wasn't deciding the way the mob wanted them to, however, and we suddenly see nonsense like Boston Mayor Mumbles Menino blockading them from even opening a location in Boston, or San Antonio city council refusing to grant them a permit. In other words, artificial controls inside a supposedly free market once again rear their ugly head and once again prove that the First Amendment is a crock of crap to some.

Exactly, the free market pretty much told the LBGTQs to shove it... so they use political hacks to block them from opening stores in some markets since the public obviously doesn't care enough to stop patronizing CFA.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I am of the opinion that business is business and politics shouldn’t be part of the business model of your company. Sadly, there are a multitude of virtue signaling companies that inflict their politics on society. Disney, P&G (Gillette) and others are constantly bombarding us with their bullcrap.

The fact that Chik’fil’a has stopped the madness is a step in the right direction. Now if only we could get their liberal counter parts to follow suit.

The thing is CFA is a private company. The owners and culture of the company are clearly Christian in beliefs and values.

I can respect it. I am a devil worshiping heathen I respect he fact they choose to stay closed on Sundays. A company the size of CFA is probably losing hundreds of millions in revenue from that decision alone.

With that said, I think there is a difference between say CFA and some of the liberal virtue signaling. CFA doesn't put it in your face. If they choose to donate to causes, it doesn't really bother me. On the other hand, you have companies like NIke, Disney, etc who actively promote social views in their advertisements. It is a big difference.

For it to be equivalent, CFA would need to be putting out anti-LBGTQ stuff on their drink cups, bible verses on the nugget box, etc. They aren't doing that....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
"Controversial"

LOL, propagandize much?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
chick-fil-a turned their back on god and their supporters in favor of profit. I suspect they will lose the Christian base, their food quality will drop and the people who protested against them will cheer at their demise.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Its a business and they made a business decision.

If by mercenaries you mean those uber aggressive guys with the holiday bells then I agree.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Veryolduser

They obviously are willing to take the heat from 'Evangelicals" in order to allow them to expand their markets beyond the South without too much fuss.

They have a good product and their operations / logistic chain seems pretty solid. That will usually win the day, coupled with private ownership, makes them immune to pressure a publicly traded company would.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don’t think it’s the LGBTQ’s right to know or judge where any business, organization,foundation, or charity donates to.

Some people just don’t agree with same sex marriage and never will. They have a right to those opinions as much as gay people have the right to a relationship.

The LGBTQ community needs to accept that others have a right to their beliefs and quit being bullies about forcing their beliefs on others.

I’m seriously disappointed Chic-Fil A caved in to them. I can see if they had wanted to change the direction of their donations to what they saw as more worthy causes, but this just seems like a cave in to demands from a very coercive, bullying group of people.

ETA: I just read this part of this post and I see more clearly what exactly was pressuring Chic-Fil-A into modifying their donations.

The political side caught wind that the marketplace wasn't deciding the way the mob wanted them to, however, and we suddenly see nonsense like Boston Mayor Mumbles Menino blockading them from even opening a location in Boston, or San Antonio city council refusing to grant them a permit.

edit on 18-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Veryolduser
chick-fil-a turned their back on god and their supporters in favor of profit. I suspect they will lose the Christian base, their food quality will drop and the people who protested against them will cheer at their demise.

I also think they will rightly be visited by a plague of locusts, each franchise obliterated in a hail of brimstone and see their first born children drop dead from the Lord's wrath.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join