It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick Fil A Bends The Knee, After Leftist Outrage Mobs, Chick Fil Drops Christian charities

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Wow.

I do not agree with trying to use the courts to tell a business who to serve, but, in all cases to date, the suits were brought in areas that have laws against discrimination based on sexual orientation.

As far as boycotts against Chick-fil-A you seem to believe that your First Amendment rights are greater than ours. They aren't.

If the Epistles are inspired by God, then so are the Gospels.

I didn't tell you to submit to anything. I quoted Jesus telling you to expect it and your divinely inspired St. Paul telling you to bear it for Jesus sake.

You have a problem with it, take it up with them.

I'd far rather live and let live, you guys just don't seem to be able to manage that though.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'd far rather live and let live, you guys just don't seem to be able to manage that though.

That is pretty much how I live, until pushed in a corner by some politically correct LGBTQ group. It’s obvious that is NOT their motto in their lives ,as they cannot abide by some in society not accepting their sexual lifestyles... which was the whole issue with CFA.

Yep.. I think it’s the gays that need to learn to live and let live. Accept the fact that some simply don’t agree with your lifestyle .
edit on 20-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Can you offer an example of being pushed into a corner?

Who cares if you "accept" someone else's romantic and sexual interests? As you know, however that's not what this is about, it's about a corporation that has chosen to support political activist groups that pursue an anti-rights agenda against LGBTQI+ Americans.

If you are somehow hurt by people standing up for their civil rights ... may I suggest you pray for wisdom to know when something is none of your concern.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

If you are somehow hurt by people standing up for their civil rights ... may I suggest you pray for wisdom to know when something is none of your concern.

Once again that advice seems hypocritical. It was none of the LGBTQ’s concern who Chic-Fil-A decided to donate to. NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS ! You know.. live and let live.. and all that jazz.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Once again that advice seems hypocritical. It was none of the LGBTQ’s concern who Chic-Fil-A decided to donate to. NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS ! You know.. live and let live.. and all that jazz.

Yes, it is the public’s choice to support companies that support them. It’s also the public’s choice to advocate against companies that act against their interests. Right of association and collective action comes in the First Amendment.

Chick Fil A is free to contribute to whom they wish. I can organize people to not patronize their company as I wish.

Just as I would be free to let my community know that a bakery doesn’t serve same-sex couples. If folks choose not to patronize that business, the market will speak.
edit on 20-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Formatting

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What does the gay and other liberals do for the homeless?

Pay people six figures to clean up their crap and needles in places like San Fransnipsco.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Chick Fil A should not have bent over for this group,they
should have stood their ground.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Don’t be silly, I asked how he could support that organisation, how he could be a member of that organisation

But then, I wonder?
Knowingly and Financially endorsing and supporting an organisation that harbours and protects pedophiles. Even denying that it is a reality?
Is he accountable?
I wouldn’t be part of any organisation in any way

Go reread my posts Sheye

I know Edge can’t clean it up but he can ask questions, he can ask for change

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Yes, it is the public’s choice to support companies that support them. It’s also the public’s choice to advocate against companies that act against their interests. Right of association and collective action comes in the First Amendment.

Chick Fil A is free to contribute to whom they wish. I can organize people to not patronize their company as I wish.

Just as I would be free to let my community know that a bakery doesn’t serve same-sex couples. If folks choose not to patronize that business, the market will speak.

But that is hardly a live and let live attitude.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

And what if he honestly believes that it is not a problem ? Why do you incessantly harp on him about it ? He has tried his best to show you why he believes the way he does, and all you’ve done is hammer him. Do you really expect him to respond positively to that type of treatment ?

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

And what if he honestly believes that it is not a problem ? Why do you incessantly harp on him about it ? He has tried his best to show you why he believes the way he does, and all you’ve done is hammer him. Do you really expect him to respond positively to that type of treatment ?

If you have to ask this then it’s lost on you

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Neither is working to take away other Americans civil and legal rights.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Neither is working to take away other Americans civil and legal rights.

With that I agree. I may not agree with same sex marriage but I believe they have a right to a civil union. They just need to be careful about demanding some churches to marry them. There are churches that do.. go to those.. and quit being pushy on the ones who won’t.

Not sure what you actually were referring to in your post, because I don’t see how CFA violated anybody’s civil rights by donating to the Salvation Army.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It seems Pro LGBTQ GLAAD isnt happy with this decision they demand that Chick Fil A Bends more to LGBT.
Source

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChefFox
It seems Pro LGBTQ GLAAD isnt happy with this decision they demand that Chick Fil A Bends more to LGBT.
Source

Wow.. never satisfied until they totally get their way. LGBTQ are a bunch of bullies and they really need to grow up and accept that some people and businesses will never condone their lifestyles.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Source

Wow.. never satisfied until they totally get their way. LGBTQ are a bunch of bullies and they really need to grow up and accept that some people and businesses will never condone their lifestyles.

Again, no one is asking for lifestyles to be condoned.

We are Americans. We have the same rights as all Americans. The groups that Chick-fil-a supports are political activist groups that seek to push LGBT folks back into second class citizenship.

Frankly, how hypocritical it is for you to claim that you don’t want Christians to be classified together but all LGBT folks are bullies?

You’ll find I think that we’re not going to be relegated to the closets again, Sister. Best accept it.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Source

Again, no one is asking for lifestyles to be condoned.

We are Americans. We have the same rights as all Americans. The groups that Chick-fil-a supports are political activist groups that seek to push LGBT folks back into second class citizenship.

Frankly, how hypocritical it is for you to claim that you don’t want Christians to be classified together but all LGBT folks are bullies?

You’ll find I think that we’re not going to be relegated to the closets again, Sister. Best accept it.

No one is expecting you to be relegated to the closets. Simply accept that some don’t condone your sexual lifestyles. We don’t hate you... it’s simply a matter of faith. Why can’t LGBTQ just live and let live ? Why must they always stronghold their way politically into every situation.

Hey , I feel the same way about ‘swingers’. I can’t condone their sexual lifestyle and it has nothing to do with homosexuality. I have a right to my opinions as much as you have a right to yours.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Letting the social mob control everything will eventually backfire, it's not effecting most people or they just say whatever.

But Trumpism is a push back to it, people saw a chance to push back with their vote, and they did.

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
a reply to: ChefFox

No Matter what Chik Fil A does it will never be enough for leftist whackjobs. It never is. We've seen it 1000x over.

Wow what a compelling argument. I'm now convinced........ Not.

Chick Fil A made a decision that their expansion plans outweighed their "higher Calling". Hard Core religion is never a good mix with business.

In and Out is hard core too. Bible passages on cups? Yet no protests there right? Why?

Looks if you cannot stand that Chick Fil A is taking a different path. Start your own chicken restaurant: May I suggest Bob Jones or Oral Roberts University for the first location they will be the right kind of crowds for our special mix of quilt, proselytizing, and preaching, and fried chicken that is so good it will ascend into heaven with the faithful during the rapture

Jesus Fil A (TM)

Menu:
Armageddon Fries
Jesus Nuggets (like chicken nuggets but 150% more preachy)
Last Supper Combo Meal
Guilt Free Good Friday Fish Filet

edit on 11/20/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: ChefFoxChick Fil A made a decision that their expansion plans outweighed their "higher Calling".

What happens when profit meets religion...

Yeah... Chick Fil A can claim christianity all it wants...

apparently public opinion wins...
edit on 11/20/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join