It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick Fil A Bends The Knee, After Leftist Outrage Mobs, Chick Fil Drops Christian charities

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

You keep repeating the same nonsense. I don’t care what you think about my lifestyle.

You are not going to take away my civil rights however.

No ones taking your opinions away. No one has to honor them either.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

You keep repeating the same nonsense. I don’t care what you think about my lifestyle.

You are not going to take away my civil rights however.

No ones taking your opinions away. No one has to honor them either.

What about CFA’s civil rights ?

Or Salvation Army’s civil rights ?

Why does you having your civil rights mean stomping all over somebody else’s rights.

Blocking businesses from operating because you disagree with their personal beliefs or business mottos is selfish and boorish, and only further alienates LGBTQ from many in society.

edit on 21-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   

CFA has a civil right that requires me to do business with them????

Salvation Army has a right that I ... what ... don’t call them what they are? What exactly have I done to them again?

Christ, make some sense.

My having civil rights doesn’t require that I “stomp” on any other rights.

“Blocking businesses from operating”? Are you kidding?

A boycott is not blocking anyone from operating.

On the contrary, most Americans see the issue for what it is, although it’s interesting that you imaging that working to protect our hard-earned rights from folks like you is going to alienate us.

Actually the contrary is true. Most Americans support gay rights, the right to marry as we wish, and in fact, public opinion across the world has shifted ... which puts CFA in the unpleasant position they find themselves in.

Because I promise you if the company wasn’t feeling the effects of the boycott, we wouldn’t be talking about it.

edit on 21-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Notice

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

CFA has a civil right that requires me to keto business with them?

Of course you are not required to purchase from them but to block them from cities like Boston or airports is essentially targeting their civil rights in my opinion. Let them expand wherever, and those that choose to eat there make that choice.

Blocking businesses from operating”? Are you kidding? A boycott is not blocking anyone from operating.

I would call a mayor of a city refusing CFA a place in their food establishments as blocking them from operation. I also would call it the same thing when they are denied spots in airports. That’s not a boycott. A boycott is when you quit buying the product... in this case they have been blocked from operating.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

That’s like asking a Catholic to stop all the molestation from priests. Yet that’s what you demand from those innocent of the sin. Seems unfair and bullyish to me. 🤷🏻‍♀️

What are you suggesting Sheye, I didn’t hold Catholics accountable

What I am asking is that church or organisation members research, question and hold the leadership of these organisations, be they religious, banks, education departments or whatever group accountable to their members and civil law
Not sit there, nod their heads, encourage other people with children join these groups and place children at risk

Westpac bank just got caught in a pedophilia scandal. If I had money in that bank, I would be out of it in an instant. A share holder, I would sell my shares, be out.

I can’t change people but I can decide not to endorse or support their actions
Edge endorses an organisation that protects pedophiles, an organisation that breaks civil laws and still allow harm to children

If I was a Catholic, leave the Catholic Church and explain why I left

For some reason Sheye, in your head, it’s an argumentative attitude. Self righteousness? Arrogance? Lack of care?

I tend to agree more with Gryph than you, but I can see a middle ground, you fundamentalists have no middle ground.

CFA are looking for the middle ground, that’s a good thing in my opinion

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Or maybe CFA realise that their attitude towards lgbtq people is wrong?
Do you know it’s just a financial decision, possible they have realised they were in error
Possible they have decided to support other charities because they sometimes change charities?

I wonder if it’s purely based on a few gays boycotting their business?

Airports, cities, wouldn’t imagine they really care, plenty of other options around

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Chick fil a is going strong here in Kentucky . They have good food and fast , attentive service.

People like the food, just kind of sad it is closed on Sundays, but I understand the reason and respect it.

No big deal.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Your commentary made little to no sense. This is good news. Christian "charities" are a joke especially when they are known for discriminating against people based on sexual orientation.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How is Disney and Gillette pushing politics?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   

I specifically have spoken out here against the misuse of governmental power. Keep up.

I would call a city doing that wrong too and have.

If your issue is really the misuse of government power, then we are in agreement. It isn’t though, obviously.

You have a right to believe as you believe, support the companies you support, and so do we.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

A fair point. I am not displeased with CFA personally, I think their backing away from supporting anti-rights activists is a good thing, and I am absolutely against a city, state or other government attacking a company for it’s beliefs.

I understand that the Salvation Army has even developed a pro-LGBT part of their organization ... who’d have thought.

I myself don’t need them to do that, just stop working AGAINST our rights.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Your link only proves that Jesus was inconsistent in his words and should therefore not be listened to! Thanks for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Yeah Christianity is being persecuted as bad as Christians persecuted the native Americans.....not

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I specifically have spoken out here against the misuse of governmental power. Keep up.

I would call a city doing that wrong too and have.

If your issue is really the misuse of government power, then we are in agreement. It isn’t though, obviously.

You have a right to believe as you believe, support the companies you support, and so do we.

My issue really is the misuse of government power, which seems to have been spearheaded by the LGBTQ community. While I agree they should have rights , their rights should not supersede the rights of others.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

The misuse of government power is the issue. There’s no issue in groups associating to achieve legal goals.

Thanks for the convo.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

For some reason Sheye, in your head, it’s an argumentative attitude. Self righteousness? Arrogance? Lack of care?

Self projecting again Rag ? tsk tsk

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Yeah Christianity is being persecuted as bad as Christians persecuted the native Americans.....not

Your post just proved my point. You persecute a whole religion based on the bad actions of a few. Why do we never see native Americans complain about the persecution they received from within their own tribes. There were tribes that were bitter enemies and treated each other atrociously ! Instead of natives always whining about what the white man did to them, let’s hear some honesty about how they treated each other.

I in no way condone how some were treated by Christians and my heart goes out to them, but their history also proves they were not these innocent little passives' who never did anything wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Your definition of persecution is a bit different from what true persecution actually is. Challenging outdated stone age beliefs is not persecution.

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Your definition of persecution is a bit different from what true persecution actually is. Challenging outdated stone age beliefs is not persecution.

If challenging outdated stone age beliefs is not persecution, then natives should be prepared as well as expect their outdated spiritual culture to be challenged. Fair is fair , right ?

posted on Nov, 21 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Again theres a difference between challenging the beliefs and taking children away from their parents and forcing their beliefs on them. Beating their beliefs out of them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join