It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chick Fil A Bends The Knee, After Leftist Outrage Mobs, Chick Fil Drops Christian charities

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Until the whole world is gay and eating their front lawns, one should learn to expect more of this.

I wasn't even going to comment because it just gives it more of my energy to waste, but alas... I did.🤦

I'm not even going open these topics anymore.

I feel better already having said that. đź‘Ť

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I don’t think it’s the LGBTQ’s right to know or judge where any business, organization,foundation, or charity donates to.

Some people just don’t agree with same sex marriage and never will. They have a right to those opinions as much as gay people have the right to a relationship.

The LGBTQ community needs to accept that others have a right to their beliefs and quit being bullies about forcing their beliefs on others.

Okay, Ill accept that. But by that statement, then if a community chooses to oppose a business because its beliefs or practices, that should also be okay no?

Chick Fil A is not endorsing same sex marriage. Its simply no longer contributing to charities that support that view. Coincidentally its expansion plans are in states that may have a different view of the issue and being a bit agnostic is simply better for business.

Its a business NOT a ministry right?

If they want to give to keep giving to Christian groups or actively campaign against same sex marriage maybe they need to either keep to the South or perhaps spin off a more regional offering to keep the fundamentalists happy: Jesus-Fil-A?????

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

I've just thought of a great line for a movie:

'If I had my way, i'd line em up then shoot em down'

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: underwerks
If you let a mob of outraged people change your convictions you didn’t have any in the first place.

The mob wasn't the problem, the politics were. Chik-Fil-A was perfectly happy letting the marketplace decide how to handle any outrage over their policies and principles. The mob wasn't hurting their bottom line in any way, as the locations were still selling big numbers of product and the line were out the door. The political side caught wind that the marketplace wasn't deciding the way the mob wanted them to, however, and we suddenly see nonsense like Boston Mayor Mumbles Menino blockading them from even opening a location in Boston, or San Antonio city council refusing to grant them a permit. In other words, artificial controls inside a supposedly free market once again rear their ugly head and once again prove that the First Amendment is a crock of crap to some.

Yup. Remember when the IRS targeted conservative non-profits under Obama? How long before the next Dem president has the IRS target private companies for donating to Christian charities?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

I always went to Chik-fill-A for the sandwiches and the food.

Never went for any other reason.

*shrugs*

As long as they keep making tasty sammies, I'll keep going back.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Let me get this straight, so to speak.

Some of you want to tell Chick-fil-a how they should run their business in line with YOUR beliefs?

Don’t businesses have the right to choose who they serve and when and how?

The market spoke, a company finally listened.

What’s the hubbub, bub? There’s better # to worry about.
edit on 18-11-2019 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Donating to islamic groups who oppose gay marriage is perfectly acceptable though, right?

I thought so.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

Okay, Ill accept that. But by that statement, then if a community chooses to oppose a business because its beliefs or practices, that should also be okay no?

Absolutely !

Its a business NOT a ministry right?

It’s both I think.. and why not ? They stand behind Christian values, pray with their customers, so in essence it is both.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

It’s both I think.. and why not ? They stand behind Christian values, pray with their customers, so in essence it is both.

But its not though. They chose the business case over the theological one.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Donating to islamic groups who oppose gay marriage is perfectly acceptable though, right?

I thought so.

So true ! I don’t understand why the LGBTQ community isn’t all over them like white on rice because of how horrendously they treat gays.

Yet they throw tantrums at Christian bakers who won’t bake them a same sex marriage cake. Makes no sense to me, but that isn’t surprising coming from the left.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Chick-Fil-who?

Judging from replies on the twit the outrage mob still ain't happy. At all. Negotiating with terrorists never works out.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Yet they throw tantrums at Christian bakers who won’t bake them a same sex marriage cake. Makes no sense to me, but that isn’t surprising coming from the left.

Not to mention refusing to wax their balls.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Ain't that just NASTY? LOL

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
The histories will record that the great culture wars of the 20's ignited around fried chicken.

I picture a future scene of elder and child sitting at a campfire thusly:

Disheveled child: "What caused the people to nuke their neighbors granpa?"

Dirty Grandparent: "Well, child, a fried chicken shop stopped funding pretend religious charities to make more money from a portion of the population who'd grown wary of mind control operations hiding behind the guise of religion.
The chicken peddlers gambled that that portion of the populace would rather support establishments that enslaved minds with hypno-advertising and near poisonous but delicious semi-foods, instead."

"Granpa, what's chicken?"

"A delicious fowl that we used to raise in large buildings, crammed wing to wing in numbers too large to count."

"That sounds yummy and horrifying. Can I die, now, and help put an end to this stupid, stupid cycle of stupid?"

"No, child, death is completely illegal, now that we God fearin' folk have killed the other half of the population who weren't so afraid of our loving creator. Life is sacred since those heretics are nuclear dust and the only way out of our nightmarish hellscape is to starve or get sick ...as the good lord intended."

"Oh... darn. May I have another rat, then, Granpa? I'm pregnant."

Also, that establishment used to be called Chic-fil-A.. .back in the saner-verse, anyway. I propose it changed it's name due to black ops time travelers trying to avoid this future religious chicken war.

I post merely to amuse myself. Apologies.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

Thankfully that steaming pile was slammed in court, now has to pay the people he sued!

Was doing it for financial gain, nothing to do with ideology.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
BS story is BS. They didn't stop donating to Christian organizations, they stopped donating to a couple of them and instead started donating to other Christian organizations.

This change was done because they saw other organizations that had better outreach. FCA had nothing to do with lgbt, and has found its own feet aka it doesn't need the donations from chickfila any longer.

This is sensational "Fake News".

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The only horse I have in this race is I think businesses should be allowed to do business as they please as long as they aren't doing the mafia type things.

Personally, I find the whole Christian/religious activism against gays and various other sexual minorities to be stupid and hateful and an abuse of free speech. And I mean to say when they are literally using money from their business to try and influence the government to discriminate, that's pretty toxic, IMO.

I'm not really into the idea of gay marriage (although as a bi man I'm gay enough to be as hated as a 100% gay man). Personally, I have no real interest in marrying anyone so there's that. I don't think gay marriage is a big deal unless it conflicts with your religion. And if your religion requires you to hate people because of what they do with their genitals, you might just be fundamentally wrong about everything and might should rethink your devotion to your religion.

I hate to preach. I hate what junk food does to me but I actually do like their junk food. I'm really not sure why someone whose goal is to sell you a chicken sandwich would also have the goal of preaching the evils of butt sex. LOL

Ah anyway. I suppose it is a loss for common sense in both directions. Businesses should be able to do business as they please but they should also not be doing business in such a way that they use the profit from their business to try and cause suffering through legislation sympathetic to their religious beliefs. IOW, they should use their rights a little more responsibly and respectfully for the sake of preserving those rights for everyone.

edit on 19-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Finally, is it a bad thing trying to not cause harm to a group of people
Christians are supposed to be loving and caring, many seem upset they are trying to be loving and caring.

This is a ridiculous, ridiculous argument. It really is. The groups donated to weren't trying to cause harm to anyone, they are simply pushing an agenda that states they believe the act of homosexuality is wrong. By your logic, any organization that takes a position on any social issue is effectively causing harm to others. Hell, GLAAD is causing harm to parents who don't want their children exposed to the normalization of alternative lifestyle choices, yes?

Really, why?

Why should the Christians be the moral agents of their faith to society
It’s not societies faith

I am a Christian, it’s not for me to tell others what to do

Shouldn’t parents do something and not leave it to others?

I just want to know why this falls on christians, who gave us the right to stand in judgement?

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I am a Christian, it’s not for me to tell others what to do

Your posts confuse me Raggedyman.. wasn’t it you who bombarded Edgeofparadise’s threads with extreme judgement on him over other people’s sins within his faith organization. Wasn’t it you who told him what he should be doing about it ?

Why should the Christians be the moral agents of their faith to society It’s not societies faith

True .. but why should society be the moral agents to a Christians faith ( which is more what is happening in this story )

It’s not their faith.. so stay out of it !

I apologize for responding to one of your posts, but you talk out of both sides of your mouth and you contradict yourself often. I guess sometimes I feel the need to challenge you.
🤔

posted on Nov, 19 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FredT
a reply to: Veryolduser

They obviously are willing to take the heat from 'Evangelicals" in order to allow them to expand their markets beyond the South without too much fuss.

They have a good product and their operations / logistic chain seems pretty solid. That will usually win the day, coupled with private ownership, makes them immune to pressure a publicly traded company would.

I highly doubt that will happen. People that had already been opposed to chick-fil-a are not going to change their minds about eating there because they caved to the pressure so I don’t see it expanding their consumers it will only cause more issues in the future. Next it will be transgender people demanding special bathrooms and LBTQ Wanting management to show Rainbow flags in support for them on their business. all it will do is lose the original customer base.

Not trying to knock down the LGBTQ community but in the span for ten years they have pushed their agenda into elementary classrooms, libraries, bakeries even into academia “colleges”and social interactions “pronouns” and onto parents who don’t believe their child “kids under ten” should be given hormones blockers and gender reassignment surgery Because they are too young. Everyone laughed at this as a slippery slope is the past but clearly it wasn’t.

Sex education shouldn’t be taught till 8th grade not in elementary school with talks about two mommy’s and to daddies. Libraries shouldn’t have drag queens reading to children because why is that important? Bakeries should be allowed to deny customers the same way YouTube can deny video bloggers if it looks bad for business “it was a Christian bakery”. I shouldn’t have to conform to your preferred pronoun Or name the same way you shouldn’t if I told you to call me your lord and savior or master. Children under ten shouldn’t be allowed to make life changing decisions like taking hormone blockers.

Don’t laugh at this or mock me because that’s how we got to the point we are at now.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join