It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Hey, I am just spiballiln here but doeesnt the irs have the presidents tax returns?
Who is supposed to look them over and see if everything is straight and narrow???

The IRS.

Have they signaled in any way ANY wrongdoing???
As the agency in charge of determining such and all.......

Not yet.

Granted, every new budget Trump slashes their funding further, so its not wild to wager a guess that they're either to short of manpower to do it, or rather too afraid of Trump abolishing the agency entirely if they look into his taxes....

Listen to yourself, FFS. You're postulating that the IRS was afraid of Trump prior to him becoming President or even announcing his run. Afraid that a businessman would shut them down.
Since he's been in office his tax returns are going to show zilch as he's not taking any income.
If there was something wrong with his tax returns the IRS would have been on him at the time - what possible reason is there for a review of his 2011 tax returns when the IRS have already reviewed them? ... in 2012!

Dude, calm down, ATS is at its heart a conspiracy forum, and I'm just thinking out loud whatever low probability conspiracy thoughts trickle down to me.

That being said, its hard to conceptualize why a totally legal and fully on the 'Up-and-Up' tax return would do anything other than both vindicate Trump and also show that he really is as fantastically wealthy as he claims. Its nothing but win-win for Trump, yet he has fought harder about keeping it secret than just about anything else he's done as president.

Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

No it doesn't make me think.
Trump had a huge tax write off in one year which meant he paid almost zero tax for a number of years.
All legal.
The reason, I highly suspect, that he will not release them is because he knows that Democrats and the media will spin what is legal to create a drama.

Do I think that his tax returns are on the up and up - yes, otherwise the IRS would have been on him.
Do I think they are politically damaging - probably yes with the way that Democrats and the media would report it.

So why should he release them?

Well Trump is the master of media; I have a hard time conceptualizing that you think if his returns were totally kosher that he would fall to the Democrats spin on it in contravention to his own spin....

Depends what you mean by kosher - if we take that to mean legal then his returns are almost cretainly 'kosher'.
Democrats have proven themselves capable of spinning anything into a crime with the use of their trusty media allies.

You understood the meaning I was delivering. It just brings it back to the same point as always, it should be easier for Trump to 'Win' a PR battle with totally legal tax returns, regardless of whatever machinations of the 'liberal media' can devise.

I would say he already won the PR battle - he got elected having not released them.
Wy would he want to win the same battle again?

Oh I meant because there's a PR battle occurring now that he's not participating in (regarding the OP's SC judgement).

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It seems to me that the POTUS has identified those tax returns as low hanging fruit to bedevil the Left with.

Yeah, I can see this perspective. And maybe so. If he is as smart as so many make him out to be then this would be a good gambit on his part . But on the opposite side of the question is what if there ''IS'' something there that would prove his past failures in decision making and his ability to control a positive cash flow for his ''empire''.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Hey, I am just spiballiln here but doeesnt the irs have the presidents tax returns?
Who is supposed to look them over and see if everything is straight and narrow???

The IRS.

Not yet.

Granted, every new budget Trump slashes their funding further, so its not wild to wager a guess that they're either to short of manpower to do it, or rather too afraid of Trump abolishing the agency entirely if they look into his taxes....

Listen to yourself, FFS. You're postulating that the IRS was afraid of Trump prior to him becoming President or even announcing his run. Afraid that a businessman would shut them down.
Since he's been in office his tax returns are going to show zilch as he's not taking any income.
If there was something wrong with his tax returns the IRS would have been on him at the time - what possible reason is there for a review of his 2011 tax returns when the IRS have already reviewed them? ... in 2012!

Dude, calm down, ATS is at its heart a conspiracy forum, and I'm just thinking out loud whatever low probability conspiracy thoughts trickle down to me.

That being said, its hard to conceptualize why a totally legal and fully on the 'Up-and-Up' tax return would do anything other than both vindicate Trump and also show that he really is as fantastically wealthy as he claims. Its nothing but win-win for Trump, yet he has fought harder about keeping it secret than just about anything else he's done as president.

Trump had a huge tax write off in one year which meant he paid almost zero tax for a number of years.
All legal.
The reason, I highly suspect, that he will not release them is because he knows that Democrats and the media will spin what is legal to create a drama.

Do I think that his tax returns are on the up and up - yes, otherwise the IRS would have been on him.
Do I think they are politically damaging - probably yes with the way that Democrats and the media would report it.

Well Trump is the master of media; I have a hard time conceptualizing that you think if his returns were totally kosher that he would fall to the Democrats spin on it in contravention to his own spin....

Depends what you mean by kosher - if we take that to mean legal then his returns are almost cretainly 'kosher'.
Democrats have proven themselves capable of spinning anything into a crime with the use of their trusty media allies.

You understood the meaning I was delivering. It just brings it back to the same point as always, it should be easier for Trump to 'Win' a PR battle with totally legal tax returns, regardless of whatever machinations of the 'liberal media' can devise.

I would say he already won the PR battle - he got elected having not released them.

Oh I meant because there's a PR battle occurring now that he's not participating in (regarding the OP's SC judgement).

That is not a PR battle, it's a legal battle. It's only his enemies who want to see them, so they can go on a fishing expedition. This debate has been had in the public square and the result was that Trump won.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It seems to me that the POTUS has identified those tax returns as low hanging fruit to bedevil the Left with.

Yeah, I can see this perspective. And maybe so. If he is as smart as so many make him out to be then this would be a good gambit on his part . But on the opposite side of the question is what if there ''IS'' something there that would prove his past failures in decision making and his ability to control a positive cash flow for his ''empire''.

"what if there is something there".

I hope you take some time to reflect on that statement - though I know you won't.
Tell you what - post your last 10 years tax returns here for us all to take a look at. We can go over them to see if there is something there we can speculate on and report you for.
Deal?
edit on 18/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

All legal.

That is not a PR battle, it's a legal battle. It's only his enemies who want to see them, so they can go on a fishing expedition. This debate has been had in the public square and the result was that Trump won.

One battle was won, sure. Now another exists, and Trump sitting on his ass doing nothing but trying to block it isn't what I would call power-matching in this escalation crisis.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

All legal.

One battle was won, sure. Now another exists, and Trump sitting on his ass doing nothing but trying to block it isn't what I would call power-matching in this escalation crisis.

There's no longer a PR battle - it's a one sided effort to get material to dig into to see if, as another poster said , "there is something there".
I have no sympathy with that position at all - and neither should the courts unless there is already compelling evidence a crime has been committed and the tax returns are needed as evidence.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

A civilized country would not have elected a moron and crook like Trump.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Except....we did. And here we are....civilized more so than almost every other country in the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I see.
And you wonder why he won't release his tax returns for people just like you to peruse!
You hoisted yourself on your own petard, fella.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

You're emtionally unhinged, which skews your views and perspectives.

This is why the User UKTruth has shredded and decimated every post and rebuttal you've had in this thread.

Honestly, you should take a hint.

...and for the record, we are a civilized country and one I am proud of as we saw the corrupt establishment going nowhere, with Trump, we spoke and he, our sword.

Cut them down!
edit on 18-11-2019 by Arnie123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Good. What good does it do to see Trump's taxes? Only a handful of people miserable with the 2016 loss care about tax returns. It doesn't change anything he's done for this country, or is doing for this country, which is fantastic for anyone with a job that loves earning money and paying less taxes. If you don't appreciate what Trump has done for this country then you're either a jobless loser or some other type of liberal.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"But but but.... the IRS would know if he did anything illegal because they already have his tax returns!"

That's not the point you dummies, there's nothing illegal about accepting "gifts" from certain people and organizations, Trump's campaign manager made sure of that when he made money "speech" with the Citizen's United ruling. The point is that his financials would probably completely destroy his whole "anti-establishment" schtick if they reveal he was taking money from special interests. If you're taking "gifts" from the very same people you claim to be fighting against then it is a huge conflict of interest.

But I guess ATS doesn't care about transparency as long as it helps them "stick it to the libs".
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

But haven't we heard from potus that he would ''gladly'' hand over his tax reports? Didn't he say this a number of times in the past? He kept saying that it was only because he was under audit that he had not done so yet. Am I imagining this?

Yet, though saying he would gladly release his tax statements, he fights it at every single turn. It has been , what now'' three years, four? .

No, it looks to me that if those were released we would know more about the fraud that Trump truly is.

What is it gonna prove? What are you gonna gain out of it, and do you think it would cost him an election? No. And you'll gain nothing. This is the same lame battle cry we've been hearing from the squeals since 2016.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
What is it gonna prove? What are you gonna gain out of it, and do you think it would cost him an election? No. And you'll gain nothing.

I think that was the point. Instead of looking like he has something to hide he can look honest and still not hand the other side ammo.

That would be a win-win. So why doesn't he?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There's no longer a PR battle...

Election coming up, it as pure PR.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

Good. It's the IRS. Who doesn't hate the IRS besides broke "stay-at-home" moms who only have kids to get money from the IRS?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

All legal.

We've been down this road before. Democrats ran the same play with Mitt Romney. Remember when Harry Reid, without evidence mind you, stood up in the Senate and accused him of dodging taxes? Romney then releases his tax returns and they get nit picked to death because he paid mostly cap gains while ignoring he gave like $10 million to charity.

Trump has absolutely nothing to gain by releasing his tax returns. No matter what the returns say, they can be spun by a complicit media to make him look bad. The vast majority of the public is ignorant of tax and accounting law. Things are perfectly legal and acceptable would be spun to claim he is dodging taxes.

1) Trump makes a ton of money, the media will claim he is a greedy and rich.
2) Trump doesn't make as much as he boasts, the media will claim he is a liar.
3) Trump gives a lot of money to charity, the media will claim he didn't give to the right charities
4) Trump doesn't give a lot to charity, the media will claim he is greedy.
5) Trump has capital gains, they will claim he paid less the a wage earner

There is literally no positive outcome that can result from Trump releasing his tax returns.

It is funny, you guys want Trump to open up his entire financial life yet we couldn't even get Obama to release his frigging University grades....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Shed light on possible donors? I guess transparency was a lie on his part. Oh well, nothing illegal about being opaque.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is literally no positive outcome that can result from Trump releasing his tax returns.

The Romney example is great because I never even heard he did it (and I obviously was against Romney). It was a 'nothingburger' quickly forgotten about.

Every one of those reasons you listed would be viewed as a positive by Trump supporters. As it stands now, for the very very VERY small amount of people still undecided in whatever fashion, there is only the unanswered question of why he didn't release it, and what on it that he doesn't want people to see.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: LSU2018

Shed light on possible donors? I guess transparency was a lie on his part. Oh well, nothing illegal about being opaque.

Transparency how? Taxes are not released on anyone by law. Can you point me to a law that says he must show them? Or is this just more crying over not getting your way?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join