It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Who said anything about before he was president? I'm talking about his financials since becoming president.

But I understand, it's easier to blindly believe a billionaire politician than it is to question them.

there are lots of things I'd like, but they just aren't going to happen. You don't really want to see Trump's taxes, you were told you did. I can prove it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: UKTruth
There's no longer a PR battle...

Election coming up, it as pure PR.

The PR battle over tax returns was already fought in 2016. The people made their judgement.
Now it's a rehash by the Democrats of the same talking points.
Let them stew on it. It won;t make one iota of difference to the election outcome, hence it's not important anymore.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
there are lots of things I'd like, but they just aren't going to happen. You don't really want to see Trump's taxes, you were told you did. I can prove it.

That would be a neat trick.

Do it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth
Important or not, they are bring it up again and therefore it is PR.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It seems to me that the POTUS has identified those tax returns as low hanging fruit to bedevil the Left with.

Yeah, I can see this perspective. And maybe so. If he is as smart as so many make him out to be then this would be a good gambit on his part . But on the opposite side of the question is what if there ''IS'' something there that would prove his past failures in decision making and his ability to control a positive cash flow for his ''empire''.

Again, considering the myriad of leaks plus the fact that there are proven individuals in all agencies who have directed attacks against him, common sense would indicate that if the tax returns had ANYTHING illegal or nefarious within them, we'd be hearing all about it.

I don't know why the topic frequently revolves around to the idea that "Trump isn't worth that much," particularly considering the fact that he's simultaneously used by the same folks who allegedly believe he's not a billionaire as the poster child of "Billionaires are bad" Elizabeth Warren/Bernie Sanders crowd.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Doesn't change the fact that he's hiding them. Seems a little weird that he ran for public office if he's so worried about his privacy, isn't it?

I really hope they make it law to release tax returns, it'll prevent any future shysters from duping the public.

Trump had Citizen's United coordinate his campaign, makes you wonder how he can claim that he isn't controlled by special interests when the most successful special interest group ran his campaign. He's a shyster, always has been and always will be.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Strawman. Of course there is no law. It isn't about that. It is about him saying he would and reneging.

He already reneged on releasing his tax returns in 2016 prior to the election.
It didn't matter.
Why would it matter now?

It's quite amusing to listen to people try to dress up their motives. 'Tranparency', 'He said he would', 'win-win'.
You're arrogance to believe that either Trump or any of his supporters would believe those intentions is staggering.

You want the Democrats and the media to have something to pick over in order to create a new drama, legitmate or not doesn't matter, before the election. You're not fooling anyone. We've seen over and over again the Democrats lie about their intentions in an effort to take the moral high ground. It's no longer annoying, just funny to listen to.

edit on 18/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Just like you were told to not care about them, right?

Yeah, go ahead and prove it. I'd be interested in how you could possibly prove that so I'll humor it for now.
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Why would it matter now?

Because it is PR. Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it can't sway someone else.

You want ...

I don't want anything. I'm not american and could care less if Trump get's re-elected or not. I'm pointing out your flawed logic in thinking "the battle was won" and that somehow means it can't be brought up again.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Doesn't change the fact that he's hiding them. Seems a little weird that he ran for public office if he's so worried about his privacy, isn't it?

I really hope they make it law to release tax returns, it'll prevent any future shysters from duping the public.

Trump had Citizen's United coordinate his campaign, makes you wonder how he can claim that he isn't controlled by special interests when the most successful special interest group ran his campaign. He's a shyster, always has been and always will be.

The fact is that it is not a law.
He has the same rights you do, so let's have yours then.
10 years please - for public review and assessment to see if we can find something to report you for.
Made the same challenge to another poster who didn't want to take it up - maybe you'll have a little more courage of your convictions.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Why would it matter now?

Because it is PR. Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it can't sway someone else.

You want ...

I don't want anything. I'm not american and could care less if Trump get's re-elected or not. I'm pointing out your flawed logic in thinking "the battle was won" and that somehow means it can't be brought up again.

Nah - already decided by the people in 2016. No need for Trump to engage - just let you chaps whine and pretend that you're only interested for the public good. As for not caring whether Trump gets elected, yeah right... another classic piece of bull# to hide your intentions. You don't have to be American to care and you quite obviously do.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

I'm not the one running for public office, you're comparing apples and oranges here. The president is a little higher up on the ladder than little old me. I'm on the bottom rung, my financials don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

So tired of that argument. That's already the second time I've had to shut that reasoning down in this thread alone. 😂
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
lol
"shutdown"
as if

no laws broken
no problems from the irs
but but but

"they just should".....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I never said I was interested in the public good.

As for caring about Trump. I really don't but you are free to think whatever you want. I don't care much about that either.

I'm just addressing your flawed logic. People who do care might come across this and think "maybe he is hiding something". There you go. the battle for hearts and minds is never over. New voters every four years.
edit on 18-11-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I'm not the one running for public office, you're comparing apples and oranges here. The president is a little higher up on the ladder than little old me. I'm on the bottom rung, my financials don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

So tired of that argument. That's already the second time I've had to shut that reasoning down in this thread alone.

Public office / private doens't matter. There is no law to say a public figure has to release tax returns. So, you're in the same boat. Now, a public figure DOES run the risk of the people caring enough not to elect them, but as we know, Trump won.

So we're back to the same place... let's have your tax returns. You are so tired of the argument because you don't have a valid defence to it. 10 years please... post them on a link so we can download and review. I'll see if there is anything in there I can report you for. After all, why should you be immune to an investigation into possible/speculative illegal activity if another citizen is not?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I never said I was interested in the public good.

As for caring about Trump. I really don't but you are free to think whatever you want. I don't care much about that either.

I'm just addressing your flawed logic. People who do care might come across this and think "maybe he is hiding something". There you go. the battle for hearts and minds is never over. New voters every four years.

In 2016, people may have cared too.. but Trump won.
Whose mind do you think will be changed from not seeing his tax returns 4 years later?
Give it up fella, we all know the reason ONE side wants to see his tax returns. Not one part of your argument holds any water.

To be honest, I keep forgetting you - but then after a few of your posts I remember again.
To save pages of mindless drivel on your part, I'll cease responding.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

So tired of that argument. That's already the second time I've had to shut that reasoning down in this thread alone. 😂

You already said you are only interested in the records of politicians while they were politicians. There is no call for his taxes while he has been in office.

Again....why are you here arguing about Trumps taxes when there isnt a single lawsuit for any of them during his years as POTUS.

Or are you now arguing that private citizens should have to show their taxes too? The years they want are from his years as a private citizen.....why is this hard to understand. I believe you may be the only person in this thread that is solely wanting his tax returns from while he has been in office.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Like I said, there's absolutely nothing illegal about accepting gifts from special interests, his campaign manager made sure of that in the Citizen's United ruling, but boy would it hurt his "anti-establishment" schtick. It would be in shambles if his returns showed evidence of backroom deals with his supposed "enemies".

But like I said it's understandable. It's much easier to blindly believe in a billionaire politician than it is to question him. Easier to ignore his past in favor of a warm fuzzy feeling in the present.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

In 2016, people may have cared too.. but Trump won.

Yes he did but that wasn't the point. The point was that the battle is not over.

Whose mind do you think will be changed from not seeing his tax returns 4 years later?

Unlike you I can't read minds. I'm just saying that it is a possibility.

Give it up fella, we all know the reason ONE side wants to see his tax returns.

Of course. I have yet to see anyone argue otherwise.

Not one part of your argument holds any water.

Since it seems you can't figure out what my argument really is, I would say your assessment is not all that reliable.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I have no interest in making my life public but Trump did and still does, otherwise he wouldn't have run for president and wouldn't willingly put his ugly mug on TV every day. If he was worried about privacy he would have stayed off of reality TV and out of Washington for the past 4 decades.

Your argument is weak. My financials affect no one, Trump's financials do, especially if it shows his "enemies" compensating him.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join