It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Hey, I am just spiballiln here but doeesnt the irs have the presidents tax returns?
Who is supposed to look them over and see if everything is straight and narrow???

The IRS.

Have they signaled in any way ANY wrongdoing???
As the agency in charge of determining such and all.......

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Hey, I am just spiballiln here but doeesnt the irs have the presidents tax returns?
Who is supposed to look them over and see if everything is straight and narrow???

The IRS.

Not that we know of - and I suspect that if there was anything there it would have been leaked a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

Granted, every new budget Trump slashes their funding further, so its not wild to wager a guess that they're either to short of manpower to do it, or rather too afraid of Trump abolishing the agency entirely if they look into his taxes....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Impugning my integrity now are ya. Nice. If you do not have the ability to have known that his comments about ''happily'' releasing those tax returns was a lie from the very beginning and said only to make him sound reasonable then I don't know what anyone here can say or point out to help you to understand him better.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

The IRS.

Not yet.

Granted, every new budget Trump slashes their funding further, so its not wild to wager a guess that they're either to short of manpower to do it, or rather too afraid of Trump abolishing the agency entirely if they look into his taxes....

Listen to yourself, FFS. You're postulating that the IRS was afraid of Trump prior to him becoming President or even announcing his run. Afraid that a businessman would shut them down.
Since he's been in office his tax returns are going to show zilch as he's not taking any income.
If there was something wrong with his tax returns the IRS would have been on him at the time - what possible reason is there for a review of his 2011 tax returns when the IRS have already reviewed them? ... in 2012!

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

It seems to me that the POTUS has identified those tax returns as low hanging fruit to bedevil the Left with. He may one day release them freely, but for his first 3 years in office you have to admit they've served as a wonderful shiny thing to occupy the attention of a large swath of his detractors.

As leaky as DC and New York are, if those returns showed ANYTHING sketchy we'd have heard about it plastered across every news outlet long ago. At best there's some minor piece of information in there, such as "Ooh, Trump donated to Hillary Clinton's campaign in 2008" or "Trump donated to Nancy Pelosi in 07", something which the media can use for about one inter-commercial period on the evening news and then move on from.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Impugning my integrity now are ya. Nice. If you do not have the ability to have known that his comments about ''happily'' releasing those tax returns was a lie from the very beginning and said only to make him sound reasonable then I don't know what anyone here can say or point out to help you to understand him better.

There is no law that requires trump to provide his tax returns. Therefore, I didn't really care about it.
You dodged the main point though - because it appears you do indeed lack integrity.

edit on 18/11/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

Listen to yourself, FFS. You're postulating that the IRS was afraid of Trump prior to him becoming President or even announcing his run. Afraid that a businessman would shut them down.
Since he's been in office his tax returns are going to show zilch as he's not taking any income.
If there was something wrong with his tax returns the IRS would have been on him at the time - what possible reason is there for a review of his 2011 tax returns when the IRS have already reviewed them? ... in 2012!

Dude, calm down, ATS is at its heart a conspiracy forum, and I'm just thinking out loud whatever low probability conspiracy thoughts trickle down to me.

That being said, its hard to conceptualize why a totally legal and fully on the 'Up-and-Up' tax return would do anything other than both vindicate Trump and also show that he really is as fantastically wealthy as he claims. Its nothing but win-win for Trump, yet he has fought harder about keeping it secret than just about anything else he's done as president.

Kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not that we know of - and I suspect that if there was anything there it would have been leaked a long time ago.

I would agree
There would have been SOMETHING from the federal agency in charge of that issue

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

Dude, calm down, ATS is at its heart a conspiracy forum, and I'm just thinking out loud whatever low probability conspiracy thoughts trickle down to me.

That being said, its hard to conceptualize why a totally legal and fully on the 'Up-and-Up' tax return would do anything other than both vindicate Trump and also show that he really is as fantastically wealthy as he claims. Its nothing but win-win for Trump, yet he has fought harder about keeping it secret than just about anything else he's done as president.

No it doesn't make me think.
Trump had a huge tax write off in one year which meant he paid almost zero tax for a number of years.
All legal.
The reason, I highly suspect, that he will not release them is because he knows that Democrats and the media will spin what is legal to create a drama.

Do I think that his tax returns are on the up and up - yes, otherwise the IRS would have been on him.
Do I think they are politically damaging - probably yes with the way that Democrats and the media would report it.

So why should he release them?

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The IRS.

I would agree
There would have been SOMETHING from the federal agency in charge of that issue

A federal agency under Obama, no less. A man who presided over spying on a political opponent.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

Trump had a huge tax write off in one year which meant he paid almost zero tax for a number of years.
All legal.
The reason, I highly suspect, that he will not release them is because he knows that Democrats and the media will spin what is legal to create a drama.

Do I think that his tax returns are on the up and up - yes, otherwise the IRS would have been on him.
Do I think they are politically damaging - probably yes with the way that Democrats and the media would report it.

Well Trump is the master of media; I have a hard time conceptualizing that you think if his returns were totally kosher that he would fall to the Democrats spin on it in contravention to his own spin....

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

yet?
three years in and its "yet"?
lol
mkay
oh and the executive is not in charge of the federal budget, the legislative is, tho they are busy with the peach mint factory right now........
also I do not think the potus can simply abolish a federal agency that was installed by the legislative branch...

civics and all

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I agree with Trump.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

No there is no law that says he must. However he clearly said over and over that he would be happy to do so. But he hasn't.

And of course the dems will pour over them to find what they can. Why? Because his entire business history demonstrates he is a crook and a swindler, whether you wish to see it or not. Of course they will pour over his tax returns to find proof. Who would expect less from them.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

All legal.

Well Trump is the master of media; I have a hard time conceptualizing that you think if his returns were totally kosher that he would fall to the Democrats spin on it in contravention to his own spin....

Depends what you mean by kosher - if we take that to mean legal then his returns are almost cretainly 'kosher'.
Democrats have proven themselves capable of spinning anything into a crime with the use of their trusty media allies.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

'' temporarily blocked''

Whatever gets you through the day.

A persons tax returns are between him, and the IRS, period.

If there is something illegal going on, the IRS will address it. Otherwise, it's nobody's business.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No there is no law that says he must. However he clearly said over and over that he would be happy to do so. But he hasn't.

And of course the dems will pour over them to find what they can. Why? Because his entire business history demonstrates he is a crook and a swindler, whether you wish to see it or not. Of course they will pour over his tax returns to find proof. Who would expect less from them.

The IRS have already poured over them.
Your breathless speculation about crimes doesn't impress.
In a civilised society, we don't use partisan speculation to initiate investigations and intrude into people's private affairs in the hoping of finding something to spin in oan effort to score political points.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

All legal.

Depends what you mean by kosher - if we take that to mean legal then his returns are almost cretainly 'kosher'.
Democrats have proven themselves capable of spinning anything into a crime with the use of their trusty media allies.

You understood the meaning I was delivering. It just brings it back to the same point as always, it should be easier for Trump to 'Win' a PR battle with totally legal tax returns, regardless of whatever machinations of the 'liberal media' can devise.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

The IRS.

Not yet.

All legal.

You understood the meaning I was delivering. It just brings it back to the same point as always, it should be easier for Trump to 'Win' a PR battle with totally legal tax returns, regardless of whatever machinations of the 'liberal media' can devise.

I would say he already won the PR battle - he got elected having not released them.
Why would he want to win the same battle again?

Face up to it and be honest - the left wants to see them because they hope they can find something to use in the 2020 election.
There's no upside for Trump as he already won without releasing them and I (and I bet he) believe his same base will not give a damn about it in 2020.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join