It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court sides with Trump on taxes...more winning

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

You have no clue. You can't just teach it in 20 minutes, it took me a few years to learn the ins and outs of everything that comes with the job. You never made it past the grunt phase obviously, once you get to the supervisor level it becomes a lot more technical than just digging holes and planting trees.

You may as well be saying that construction is just people hammering nails into wood. You're oversimplifying it by a pretty good bit. Like I said, you have no clue what you're talking about.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes, riding the backs of others is a commendable profession in today's world. The American dream baby, just live off the hard work of others! Screw working hard yourself.

I have a skilled trade under my belt, I fix air conditioners. I make great money. My boss literally loses money on my labor after all fees, taxes, benefits, and retirement are factored in. We charge $75/hour for labor, I make $40 per hour. My boss makes money off the parts I install, not my actual work.

Maybe try thinking about making yourself worth more money rather than expecting an employer to just give you more money.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Sure, because I can just go up to my boss and demand a pay raise.

You love to oversimplify things don't you? 😂

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

You have no clue.

Buddy, I'm not the one without a clue, I've done your job. It's easy, it's just physically demanding. Literally no thought involved, move object a to space a, object b to space b.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Sure, because I can just go up to my boss and demand a pay raise.

You love to oversimplify things don't you? 😂

At any point in time you can take yourself to a trade school and learn a new career, your boss can't stop you.

Only you can.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Like I said, you have no clue. You don't know anything about measurements, operating the many different tools and equipment, dealing with the contractors, reading the plans, knowing what material to use and where to put them, knowing the ins and outs of the many different kinds of sprinklers, grasses and plants and knowing their seasonal habits, when they grow and how much water is needed, what the different kinds of pipes and lines are and what they are specifically used for, all the technical knowledge needed to build staircases, porches, fire pits, etc. being able to think on the fly in case things aren't in optimal order or when someone doing another job gets in the way or goes a step further than they should have before we do what we have to do., etc.

You are oversimplifying it like crazy which leads me to believe that either you are lying or you never got past the grunt phase of the operation. It's easy to do what you're told, not so easy to plan it and supervise it into reality. There's more than just moving rock A to point B. You trying to boil it down to something as simple as that either shows your ignorance or your dishonesty and I'm not sure which is worse.
edit on 11/18/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Why would I? I enjoy what I do, I find it extremely fulfilling and rewarding. I don't need to learn another trade.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Like I said, you have no clue. You don't know anything about laser leveling, measurements, operating the many different tools and equipment, dealing with the contractors, reading the plans, knowing what material to use and where to put them, knowing the ins and outs of the many different kinds of sprinklers, grasses and plants and knowing their seasonal habits, when they grow and how much water is needed, what the different kinds of pipes and lines are and what they are specifically used for, all the technical knowledge needed to build staircases, porches, fire pits, etc.

So next time the landscapers come around I can ask them about all that and each and every one will be knowledgeable in everything you stated right?

Most of what you stated with the exception of specific grass and knowledge in different grasses, I'm experienced in, hence why I'm worth $40/hour.

If you have knowledge beyond your worth in your current job, the only person that can be blamed is yourself, you need to look elsewhere.

I personally have no issue at all going to any hvacr company and getting hired on at $40/hr, I actually get to pick who I work for based on what benefits they will give me. If you can't do that, and pick who will be your employer, then maybe you need to work on you.

Have a good day.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:14 PM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Let me build up my money and maybe I will, but I'll be there with my employees working with them unlike many bosses these days.

And that's why he is where he is, he had the capital to risk to start it.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

If they're professional landscapers then I would hope they would know, just like I would hope any professional HVACR would know their job. I have no clue what your point is. I can go to any landscaping company I want to as well but the place I'm at currently pays the best so I'm content.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

He had a bank that gave him a few million dollar business loan to buy the company from someone else. He didn't start anything, he bought it from the previous owner and has been winging it ever since.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

He had a bank that gave him a few million dollar business loan to buy the company from someone else. He didn't build crap, he bought it from the previous owner and has been winging it ever since.

...and again, if it goes down the crapper he'll lose whatever he put up for loan collaterol. His home, savings, retirement account, all of it. As I said earlier, the owner of the business holds 100% of the risk.

posted on Nov, 18 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Closed for Staff review.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join