It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

married to a narcissist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
a reply to: Nyiah

Neither I or anyone else gives a flying F what you do or don't say about your own husband. You do not get to walk all over someone else for opening up. That's being an asshole.

Please speak for yourself and not everyone else. She has every right to express her opinions as well, and if that means stepping on a few toes to get the point across, so be it.

I think you need to take a good hard look at your posting history before you go calling others assholes.

I never said I wasn't one, so don't make like I did. Key difference here being I don't kick someone when they're already down and reaching out -- that's crossing a line, even for ATS.

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Neither I or anyone else gives a flying F what you do or don't say about your own husband. You do not get to walk all over someone else for opening up. That's being an asshole.

Please speak for yourself and not everyone else. She has every right to express her opinions as well, and if that means stepping on a few toes to get the point across, so be it.

I think you need to take a good hard look at your posting history before you go calling others assholes.

I never said I wasn't one, so don't make like I did. Key difference here being I don't kick someone when they're already down and reaching out -- that's crossing a line, even for ATS.

Really ? You’ve never kicked someone when they are down ? I beg to differ. You are one of the most belligerent posters when you disagree with someone... even if they are going through difficult times. I even remember you blaming an OP for going through difficult times.

So save the sanctimonious bs Nyiah... we all know how to read.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Really ? You’ve never kicked someone when they are down ? I beg to differ. You are one of the most belligerent posters when you disagree with someone... even if they are going through difficult times. I even remember you blaming the OP for going through difficult times.

So save the sanctimonious bs Nyiah... we all know how to read.

There's a big difference between a poster putting an obvious self-destructive behavior out there and not acknowledging it at all, and thus pointing it out once more for them to reflect on, and this crap:

Insulting the OP outright:

Here's a thought... just show your wife this OP and I'll betcha she leaves your sorry whining ass.

Accusing the OP of doing what he very clearly has not done:

I see a man belittling, mocking and ridiculing his wife for his own vain glory.

Effectively telling him he's not worthy of speaking up about something. Sit down and shut up, amirite? Geez, almost hearkens back to eras when it was socially ok to say/insinuate it to women, doesn't it?

No sympathy here. Just pity. And contempt.

I don't care what your wife did or didn't say... I don't care what your wife did or didn't do.

As far as the notion of sanctimony goes, mirrors, Sheye, mirrors. Eyeball one. Edit: No offense meant with it beyond you know how you handled a situation with someone publicly on here, and it wasn't working in your favor.
edit on 11/15/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Ok.. I can see a little more clearly why you were hard on Boadecia... she could have chosen her words more wisely, which is something we all can do at times.

I find it sad that the OP can’t discuss his personal life with close family and friends. Those are the ones who see the situation more clearly and can often give better, more fair advice. If he can, and has, he’s only using ATS for sympathy, which I find a bit lame.

As far as the notion of sanctimony goes, mirrors, Sheye, mirrors. Eyeball one. Edit: No offense meant with it beyond you know how you handled a situation with someone publicly on here, and it wasn't working in your favor.

😂 How I handled something publicly that wasn’t working in my favour ? You mean the dog pile of circle jerkers I had to put up with because I dared voice a legit opinion. I have no problems looking in mirrors, I know my intentions.
edit on 15-11-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
The best partner for a narcissist is the narcissist.
All the unpleasant things she did to keep you near her. Perhaps this is a very creative person with a sense of beauty, which is why she attracts, but there is a downside to which you have fallen.
You are attached to this person, you can maintain your health and get out of this relationship, but
You must understand and find common ground with one of your parents. Because in communication with a partner there were familiar mechanisms for obtaining love, but also for getting manipulated. Think of it, you will understand the reason why you chose to unknowingly meet her. In the future, this knowledge will help to consciously choose a partner...

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
a reply to: BrianDavis

My advice is you both need to start going to church. I was in a similar situation, I left filed for divorce. When she realized things were no longer going to be easy for her, she started going to church and finally her attitude changed...

Things have now been going strong for three years.

Jaden

Sounds like your misses might have found someone she's into at church.

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Devastated? I wonder how your wife would feel about you airing her dirty laundry on a public discussion forum... Would "devastated" cover it ya think???

Here's a thought... just show your wife this OP and I'll betcha she leaves your sorry whining ass. And rightly so. She deserves better than a husband trash talking her on a public discussion forum for the whole world to see. If you've got problems, work them out. If you can't work them out, get a divorce.

Problem solved.

Yikes....

posted on Dec, 26 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yikes indeed!

Somehow I don't expect the OP took my advice though....

posted on Jan, 3 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
OP if the shoe does not fit, you must acquit.

Sometimes people grow apart, and sometimes people grow together. Most times its both, and to varying degrees. Sit down and ask her what she wants to do. You will know if she is bull#ing or not, and if she says she has not the time, then make time, and if she wont.

Then its time to go.

Also would not bother about the whole airing dirty laundry online. None of this matter one iota. And nobody cares. At all. The whole believe that people care is narcissistic in itself. You want to rant, go ahead, some generally hold it and lay it out in slow poisonous drips.

But to believe that I or anybody cares about your relationship, on an online conspiracy board, or anywhere else, or its some sort of social pariah thing. Is silly. All of this and everything you have ever read online or anywhere else will one day be put in the giant waste bin of the whole of the internet, Facebook and everything else on it or anything else out there is ultimately just so much garbage.

Either way. Does not matter. Like I said, sometimes people grow together, and sometimes not. And knowing when to quit, is a head start.

posted on Jan, 9 2020 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Its problem I do not like meet with narciissits. Such people egoists in most cases

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join