It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Amb. to EU Sondland reverses himself on Ukraine quid pro quo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mtnshredder

It jives with other testimony and with text messages that have been retrieved.
That is why he was forced to include this.

It’s a crock of poop is what is. Would you post which particular testimony and messages you’re talking about and exactly who forced him to include it. Thx

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Exactly this. Trump plainly stated that all he wanted was for the Ukrainian president to do what he ran on; fight corruption.

The whole premise of this farce is absurd. Trump withholds funding to a historically corrupt government and wants to see if the new "anti corruption" president is going to show signs of actually going after corruption. Trump even mentions in the phone call that he's a little apprehensive due to the Ukrainian president "surrounding himself with some of the same people." The Ukrainian President says he felt no pressure and didn't even know the money was being withheld. It was released shortly after.

Rudy started investigating the DNC/Ukraine 2016 meddling, which spilled over to Burisma and the Bidens, long before his phone call was made and months before Joe announced his candidacy. I have a very hard time believing this info didn't make it's way back to the states.

Months later, senile Joe decides to run, supposedly against the advice of Obama. Anyone with a brain and a little honesty can see he's not up to the task. As fantastical as it sounds, I'm really starting to give more credence to the idea that Biden is running as a defense strategy.

Are we really supposed to buy into this idea that running in the democratic primary shields one from being investigated for corruption? The suggestion is laughable.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You are correct , politics has forever changed . If there was a politician that was clean I would probably faint

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: mtnshredder

It jives with other testimony and with text messages that have been retrieved.
That is why he was forced to include this.

Hey remember the Mueller Investigation?

😆😆😆😆😆

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Took him 5 hrs because he was setting something up with Schiff and the CIA.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Extorris, Thank You for the reality.

I do come to ATS looking for facts - - which generally requires a lot of "sifting".

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Your sincerely welcome Annee

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Sometime before the election when the impeachment is over and just like Bill Clinton, Trump is still president what then ? Most likely Trump just like Clinton wins . Is it even then or do we continue to divide this country ? Maybe a third party will gain enough support to bring the Republicans and Democrats closer together .

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Sondland

"I felt..."

"I presumed..."

"I assumed..."

RIGHT! LOL. He needs to change careers and write Opinion Pieces.

Now, back to REALITY.

Senator Lindsey Graham speaks: twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

Sometime before the election when the impeachment is over and just like Bill Clinton, Trump is still president what then ? Most likely Trump just like Clinton wins .

Maybe, but at least the public and congress get a full view of the facts. Let fate play out from there with full sunshine.

Is it even then or do we continue to divide this country?

Trump needs division. It is was solidifies his base. If he can keep THEM feeling under attack, they will defend anything he does.

Maybe a third party will gain enough support to bring the Republicans and Democrats closer together .

Maybe. If so it will happen 2024 or after. This election cycle is hyper-partisan.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Senator Lindsey Graham speaks: twitter.com...

Lindsay Graham is Hilarious!

After all that fake outrage demanding the depositions be made public?

Lindsey Graham says he won't read House deposition transcripts
www.axios.com...

Lindsey Graham refuses to read Ukraine transcripts
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

Lindsey Graham Says He Won’t Read Impeachment Testimony Transcripts
www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 5-11-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

"If he can keep THEM feeling under attack, they will defend anything he does."

You really don't understand. We've been feeling like we are under attack for YEARS, if not decades. And, mind you, we've felt like much of that has come from the Republican establishment. It's probably the primary reason he was elected in the first place.

And, frankly, it's laughable you would even suggest that Trump has some sort of monopoly on the strategy of division.
The democrats' whole electoral strategy has been based on division for years. Divide by gender, divide by race, divide by income, etc etc

edit on 5-11-2019 by elDooberino because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Sondland is the guy who got his job through Quid Pro Quo.

What did it cost him? I read it was a million dollars.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Arw you sure he isn't just fighting corruption like he campaigned on. That might be why all trump's supporters are still with him. That may be why the democrats keep making # up. Either way I will be voting for trump again even if it was for political reasons. I'm all for getting rid of the corrupt government we have had for pretty much my whole life. It just keeps getting worse and worse.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Arw you sure he isn't just fighting corruption like he campaigned on. That might be why all trump's supporters are still with him.

That may have worked except it looks like his administration pressured Ukraine to shut down 4 corruption investigations into Paul Manfort. The prosecutor went on record explaining that they didn't want to anger the top US officials.

I will still vote for Trump only because of the 2nd amendment issue.

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It's working! I haven't heard any of the major networks mention the Democrat presidential candidates since Saturday afternoon.

President Trump is all there is. Polls show that the MSM is helping to re-elect Donald Trump. As in 2016, they won't realize this is the case until it's too late. (Brings to mind that definition of "Insanity" doesn't it?)

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Why should he read it? He has heard directly from the president of Ukraine.

The quid pro quo is supposed to have occurred between the president of Ukraine and Trump. The president of Ukraine himself has said there was no quid pro quo, and Trump too has said there was no quid pro quo.

So if some random bureaucrat with unknown intentions comes along and gives his opinion that there was quid pro quo between the two presidents that say there was not, why does that random bureaucrat's opinion matter?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Exactly this. Trump plainly stated that all he wanted was for the Ukrainian president to do what he ran on; fight corruption.

And you believed that load of tripe? That he withheld military aid to expose one supposedly corrupt (no merit to the accusation) person? And coincidentally was the son of a political rival for next year?

Trump certainly has managed to maintain a very gullible base, I'll give him that.

It's obvious to anyone who isn't drinking the kool-aid that he was trying to get Ukraine to publicly bring the name Biden into suspicion to help on his campaign. That he would withhold aid to a country that needs it solely do further his political career is disgusting and corrupt. That people would believe his lies is as he would say, "sad."

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

No merit to the accusation? There is video admission of Biden's quid pro quo to get someone fired.

www.youtube.com...

What is your opinion on that?

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

That's it? 379 pages of transcripts and the best the media can do is quoted words? Not even whole sentences.

No worries. I'll look through it myself. I appreciate the link.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join