It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will It Change If Everyone Knows 100% Aliens Are Real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I feel certain this topic has been covered before but I have not seen it and have been on here a while so here it is:

If the US Government, along with many other Governments stated, unequivocally, that yes, aliens do in fact exist, how would it change your life on a personal level.

Would you still follow religion. Would it change your outlook on life on this planet. Maybe it has no impact and you say...meh so what, my fantasy football team is in the playoffs and I will read about it later. Big deal.

I honestly don't know myself. It would change my outlook on life but to what level no idea. I think overall though I would feel uncommonly insignificant. Still engaged in life but also powerless, helpless without knowing their intentions. Basically many restless night wondering what do they think of us. What do they want from us. How would religions deal with it. Would they make up new inventive tales to stay relevant. No idea really.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

Few, I hope, would depend on the government to determine that for them.

Now, if some phenomenon we all witnessed shows us the reality of aliens and ufos then that might be different.

What could that possibly be is the question, that could make us KNOW the truth

Maybe a series of things including some government actions.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   

84% of the world population has faith or follows some form of organized religious practice, a third are Christian.

A significant percentage of such are apt to get their religious sensibilities bent out of shape should they discover that they are not the only special little creature chosen by God, or that there are others from other places/planes that do not necessarily subscribe to there way of thought.

edit on 2-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

84% of the world population has faith or follows some form of organized religious practice, a third are Christian.

A significant percentage of such are apt to get their religious sensibilities bent out of shape should they discover that they are not the only special little creature chosen by God, or that there are other from other places that do not necessarily subscribe to there way of thought.

Christians have already been told that if there are other beings out there then God made them.

The last Pope, I believe.

My personal religion already includes people from other planets, so it wouldn't change my life in the slightest.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Your right, a lot of people will say: that isn’t in the scriptures.

I would say to them

Neither is the iPhone

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah...

Pizza chains will offer them better discounts...

Insurance companies will follow suit...

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I agree with you. Most people have an emotional attachment to religion which isn’t easy to shatter completely.

Though we’ll never know how that will affect people until or if it happens

Muslims, mainly believe aliens are a form of Jinn so it wouldn’t affect that belief system too much

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
When Earth was created, all the Angels cheered.
Just who do you think the Angels were?

They obviously weren't from here

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Not right but we don't play well with others.

Or ourselves.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Personal is what it's all about.

Its groups where we have a problem.
edit on 2-11-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I agree with you. Most people have an emotional attachment to religion which isn’t easy to shatter completely.

Though we’ll never know how that will affect people until or if it happens

Muslims, mainly believe aliens are a form of Jinn so it wouldn’t affect that belief system too much

The Hopi believe that they were brought from another solar system to Earth.

And long story short, once y'all have killed each other off a few more cycles they will get to return.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
When Earth was created, all the Angels cheered.
Just who do you think the Angels were?

They obviously weren't from here

They were "Red Green" fans...

...it explains a lot...
edit on 2-11-2019 by madmac5150 because: I offer a Canadian apology

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

That’s for sure.

That’s why when humans get close to aliens, the aliens paralyze them pretty quick!

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I would be happy knowing that intelligent life really exists, but I think they wouldn’t like humanity

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: LosingMyMind

I would be happy knowing that intelligent life really exists, but I think they wouldn’t like humanity

It does already, Just not much in the House or half the public

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I imagine it would be simpler to remain unseen.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Well, actually, according to a lot of people they’re not unseen.

Though, the real ones behind the scenes may be unseen.

Personally, I’ve always thought they these little big head aliens may be robots or some type of advanced bio-machine.

Just think about it. We don’t send our leaders on space missions. We send some form of a soldier.

edit on 2-11-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Interesting. I knew some religions somewhat honored there is alien life but it would be fairly silly if many of them claimed this confirmed alien life is their peeps. So who's religious aliens are they? Muslim aliens, Christian, Mormons aliens, Jewish.

I imagine this is where religions would start falling apart at the seems. All of them saying It's their folks.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Meh? You still have a mortgage to pay and mouths to feed. Work has got to get done. Flyingclaydisk has cattle to take care of and recipes to try. Sure a certain percentage of people will freak out because they have nothing better to do. But that's what they always do. I'm not impressed.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Well, the universe is a big place.

To assume we are only intelligent life is sheer arrogance in the extreme.

But it's big(spac-time) infinitely so, contact being the ticket, or not.

If Aliens do exist my bets on them being extradimensional as apposed to extraterrestrial.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join