It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Will It Change If Everyone Knows 100% Aliens Are Real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Stupidsecrets

My religion would not change at all. I would hope our government would stop spending so much money on war and spend more on basic scientific research so we can compete with the extraterrestrials. Prove our DNA is worthy.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

If the US Government, along with many other Governments stated, unequivocally, that yes, aliens do in fact exist, how would it change your life on a personal level.

Not much, to be honest. I would text a couple of people "I told you so!" and then continue my day in a normal way.

There are more planets out there than we have grains of sand on our planet. To think that all those planets are dead pieces of rock, or has a billion degrees plus or minus, is naive at best, absurdity at worst.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Well, seeing as to how tribal an petty religions can get, a good chunk of them would go tribal ballistic for the most thinking it the end of days, that they will fight for Jesus and think they are worthy that Satan to Odin has come to kill them, while still arguing about being right...dont why, just does.

Polytheism would probably spring it ugly head again, an bring a number of freak deaky death, an sex fetish cults.

All the while the Buddhists wont be able to keep their vow of silence or focus while the Hindu latest mantra will be Oh my God/s.
edit on 3-11-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

My religion would not change at all. I would hope our government would stop spending so much money on war and spend more on basic scientific research so we can compete with the extraterrestrials. Prove our DNA is worthy.

Nice, someone who thinks a little bit like me

Our DNA maybe is not "worthy". There is greed, hatred and violence encoded into it. But maybe we as a human race could adjust our behavior somehow, So we will act better and maybe seemingly gain worth?

NATO should act as an umbrella organization where all nations join. Yes, even Russia, China and North Korea. Then we end the war games globally. Then we use science together to combat possible threats from outer space. Threats like a big asteroid or bad aliens.

What would you say about this idea?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Nothing.. absolutely nothing will happen, we will still go to work and watch bad movies and go to ATS.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   

the problem is :

" aliens exist "

is such an open ended premise

" proof " of a unicellular eco-system on one of the jovian moons would only really affect a hand full of scientists in any meaningful way

the rest of the world would not be affected to any degree

so - you need to define " alen life " before any meaningfull answer can be given

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Knowing they are proven liars and criminals, who create wars that kill millions of innocent people, I would know they're full of crap, as always, and feel sad for people who buy their fairy tales, like mindless sheep.

And live without fear, of these phantom aliens they made up to scare everyone, just like all the other fairy tales they make up to scare us.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Aww damn the ATS befuddling of the topic.. I wanted to see about people who think 100 aliens are real.

If people know aliens are real, as in full disclosure, contact, etc.. you'd have regressive cults, sects of some religion et al, burning everything to the ground. You'd have people standing on tops of mountains starting new religions. You'd have the average joe saying "ionno, do they have gadgets I can use?" and the rest of us would be stuck, meandering our pitiful existence, knowing that ol' bob from the news was right about his cows, but that nothing inherently has changed. We still need to drive to work and do things, and wipe our bums.

Unless they give us souped up space cars. I'll be honking my space horn and giving those tesla cars the finger!

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: andy06shake

84% of the world population has faith or follows some form of organized religious practice, a third are Christian.

A significant percentage of such are apt to get their religious sensibilities bent out of shape should they discover that they are not the only special little creature chosen by God, or that there are other from other places that do not necessarily subscribe to there way of thought.

Christians have already been told that if there are other beings out there then God made them.

Ooh that doesn't mean that they will all go for it. I can imagine quite a few ruffled feathers squawking away incessantly about how they are demons, fallen angels come to deliver gods chosen people to hell, and how we must destroy them and their fancy things.

you hear that on here quite a lot really... mind you, probably not from actual Christians.. just your run of the mill militant religious type.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: andy06shake

Your right, a lot of people will say: that isn’t in the scriptures.

I would say to them

Neither is the iPhone

If god didn't want us to have iPhones, he wouldn't have given us apples.

Oo

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
When Earth was created, all the Angels cheered.
Just who do you think the Angels were?

They obviously weren't from here

They were just watching the telly, this show, Big Creator had just started.. they soon got bored with it all, and boo'd if off the telly.. Except the die hard angels, that kept banging on about who they wanted to see win, and who they wanted evicted.

Dial #555 to evict Jesus.
Dial #556 to save him.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Probably not a whole lot.

The blinded religious will no doubt still argue and fight with each other over which alien(s) are part of which religion or which religion is now ‘more right’ by backtracking over ancient, outdated archaic texts and re-interpreting them to account for aliens, etc.

People in general..? Probably not much as, unless we are in direct communication with them, the closest star is what, 4.3 ly away? We don’t have the tech to get there in anyone’s lifetimes.

So, unless there is a major change in human understanding of FTL technology (warp, wormholes, etc) I don’t think we have much to worry about. People will still worry about food, shelter, water, health and money. 100% certainty of aliens — I don’t see it changing that in the immediate future.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It would corroborate many religious stories about "angels".

Some of them could say "Jesus, Budda, Lucifer, Shiva...., oh yeah, we know them and sometimes we work together.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:27 AM
link   

If the US Government, along with many other Governments stated, unequivocally, that yes, aliens do in fact exist, how would it change your life on a personal level.

That would depend on the level of the announcement , if it was just that we have evidence of Alien life on other worlds it would just confirm my belief but if it was that ET has been visiting our planet then I would have many questions and much excitement ... but no fear as if they wished us ill we would already know without the announcement.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Lumenari

I agree with you. Most people have an emotional attachment to religion which isn’t easy to shatter completely.

Though we’ll never know how that will affect people until or if it happens

Muslims, mainly believe aliens are a form of Jinn so it wouldn’t affect that belief system too much

The Hopi believe that they were brought from another solar system to Earth.

And long story short, once y'all have killed each other off a few more cycles they will get to return.

This video is a tune inspired by the Aboriginal leged of Baralku which is the island of the dead and the place where the Djanggawul originated. It is said to lie to the east of Arnhem Land, and is where the Barnumbirr creator-spirit (who is identified as Venus) came from as she guided the Djanggawul sisters. Barnumbirr is also said to live on the island and rises into the sky as Venus.
(^ snippet from Wikipedia)

and

The principal role of the Djanggawul was as creators. The first human ancestors of the northeastern Arnhem Land people were said to be born from the Sisters, or taken from the ngainmara mat or sacred dilly bag, later applying the finishing touches such as separating the fingers. They started the practice of childbirth as it has been ever since. They put the animals and plants in the area for the people, special sites as reminders of their physical presence in the area.

Seems otherworldly enough, to me... and this tune is awesome, btw.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets

First of all, just saying "aliens do in fact exist" is not enough.

Are they on a far away system? On the Solar System? On a nearby planet? On Earth?
Are they intelligent (as far as we can define intelligence)? Are they advanced? Are they friendly or aggressive?

My reaction would depend on knowing the answers to those particular details, but, in general, it wouldn't make a difference to me. Religion? I am an atheist. Outlook on life on this planet? Why would it change?

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Christians have already been told that if there are other beings out there then God made them.

The last Pope, I believe.

I don't know about the Pope, but Jose Funes, the director of the Vatican Observatory said, in 2008, in an interview with L’Osservatore Romano:

LOR: But Genesis speaks of the earth, of animals, of man and of woman. Does this exclude the possibility of the existence of other worlds or living beings in the universe?

FUNES: From my judgment this possibility exists. Astronomers hold that the universe was formed by 100 billion galaxies, each of them is composed of 100 billion stars. Many of these, or almost all, could have some planets. How could it not be left out that life developed elsewhere? There is a branch of astronomy, astrobiology that precisely studies this aspect and has made much progress in recent years. Examining the light spectrums that come from stars and planets, soon it will be possible to single out elements of their atmosphere—the so-called biomakers—and understand if conditions exist for the birth and development of life. For the rest, life forms could exist in theory, even without oxygen or hydrogen.

LOR: Are we referring also to similar beings to us or more evolved ones?

FUNES: It is possible. Until now we have had no proof. But certainly in a universe so big this hypothesis cannot be excluded.

LOR: And this would not be a problem for our faith?

FUNES: I believe no. As a multiplicity of creatures exist on earth, so there could be other beings, also intelligent, created by God. This does not contrast with our faith because we cannot put limits on the creative freedom of God. To say it with Saint Francis, if we consider earthly creatures as “brother” and “sister,” why cannot we also speak of an “extraterrestrial brother?” It would therefore be a part of creation.

Source
Original source in Italian

I agree with him, from the little I know about abrahamic religions I have never seen any thing that makes it against those religions the existence of other life forms in other planets, as those religions are directly related to Earth.

It's just like reading your local news, the fact that those things happened where you live doesn't mean other things (similar or not) happened in other places around the world.

edit on 3/11/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
How Will It Change If Everyone Knows 100% Aliens Are Real

Netflix will make another crappy television series that you can binge watch, and slap a Netflix original label on it.

And it will still be terrible.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gallop

I thought Eve stole the forbidden fruit or a serpent gave it to her?

So given is rather a stretch.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Our souls arent from here either. Actually, we are just sojourners here. Most dont get that at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join