It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PSA - People are idiots - LOL - I love it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

But read it again, it's not a bulk pack with 5x the quantity, it's (5) individual packs. I understand what you're saying, especially if it was a bulky item, but this isn't...it's a pack of (12) wood pencils. So (5) packs is just (5) individual packages of the same thing as one unit. No way that makes sense, other than scam-ola.

ETA - PLUS (even worse)...the first item is Prime, and the other four are not. It's just a hose job.

edit on 11/2/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: rickymouse

Has nothing to do with the credit card!

Look at the unit prices.

That happens on online stores quite often actually, buying one of something is way cheaper than buying more. I think it is a sales gimick of some kind, then the next time you go to order the cost of one is really high but people think it is cheaper if they buy one at a time on a more often basis. I noticed this about four or five years ago. Prices often change on Amazon. We do not order much from them and when reordering from the same vender, it is important to verify if their price is still cheaper. Most people think they already found the cheapest price and do not check every time. No continuity like shopping at your local stores.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I’ve never seen that type of thing on amazon before. A 2 pack for the price of 3 1 packs? What a rip off

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Onlyyouknow

You do see the unit cost, right?

1 = 100%
2 = 300%
3 = 387%
4 = 525%
5 = 760%

So...I can order (1) 5-pack for $30.59...OR...I can order (5) 1-packs for $19.95. Same quantity, same shipping...just 30% less. DOH!!

Thank goodness I saw it, wasn’t sure at first if that was what it’s about (there’s a lot going on in the picture).
My first thought was ‘but buying bulk should be cheaper’..

Who falls for this??
I thought Amazon probably made a mistake with the pricing 😂

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Very good. A star and a flag. Yes people are idiots. This has been ongoing in the supermarkets and Big Box stores for years now. Also keep a very close eye on those big box boys when you buy in bulk. Sam's included. At first I thought that is was simply a mistake in that the price for say one item was cheaper than when you buy the same item in bulk. But no, its simply based on the stupidity of people. The same ones who drove a weapon of mass destruction; yes a car to get to the supermarket.

So the last time TP was on sale the cost per roll was more expensive in the larger pack as compared to the smaller pack. It was a national brand; Scott's. So even the toilet paper guys know that people sheet their brains out decades ago.

Hah!
edit on 3-11-2019 by Waterglass because: typo

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Very good. A star and a flag. Yes people are idiots. This has been ongoing in the supermarkets and Big Box stores for years now. Also keep a very close eye on those big box boys when you buy in bulk. Sam's included. At first I thought that is was simply a mistake in that the price for say one item was cheaper than when you buy the same item in bulk. But no, its simply based on the stupidity of people. The same ones who drove a weapon of mass destruction; yes a car to get to the supermarket.

So the last time TP was on sale the cost per roll was more expensive in the larger pack as compared to the smaller pack. It was a national brand; Scott's. So even the toilet paper guys know that people sheet their brains out decades ago.

Hah!

That's funny.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

C'mon...surely someone sees the issue here, right????

I get it bro. The 2 pack is 3 times the price of a 1 pack.

The crazy part is, there are many people out there, that think this methodology makes sense. Purchasing the product, without doing any math. Why do you think amazon does it?

2019 🤪

This^^^^^^^^

And the sad addition is the senior pad.

A knockoff iPad for senors.

Easily confused when shopping for the grandkids if a wonderful way to screw over our seniors some more.

Much like .99 cent items that have 200$ shipping.

# pisses me off something fierce.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join