It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convince me to vote Democrat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: DAVID64

Bernie:

Federal Legalization of Cannabis

Affordable health care for all

Expanding social security

Tuition free college

Revitalizing rural areas

Affordable housing for all

Eliminating all past due medical debt

Ending private prisons

Ending the war on drugs

Revitalizing our education system

Overturning Citizens United

and more..

If you're one of those people who only care about what you get personally (screw you I got mine) than you're better off just staying with Trump. He isn't going to do anything for you, but he'll stand at a podium and say he is. That seems to be enough for you guys.

I actually don't disagree with a lot he has to say, but then he goes too far. I consider myself a centrist, and his far left rhetoric is too much for me. I actually enjoyed his JRE episode till he got on about guns.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I hope Bernie is sitting on Santa's lap when he reads off that list. He's been a legislator for decades, you'd think he'd get the ball rolling on at least one of those things already. What has he accomplished to date?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Answer me this.... To whom do we pay the national debt too? a reply to: gortex

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Any links to the reputable economists stating that such a large debt in not detrimental considering the size of the interest on that debt , a debt which is forecast to increase in coming years ?

If , as has been said , there is a Global downturn approaching that debt will become more of a concern , and not just to the US economy.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Thank you for your answer. Now..tell me.. How's he going to pay for all that ?
Last I read, his "healthcare for all" was going to cost 32 trillion. Where does that much come from ?

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bigbrooklyn
Answer me this.... To whom do we pay the national debt too? a reply to: gortex

Not entirely sure but some of it is held by foreign Nations like China in the form of bonds , some it is likely held by Hedge Funds and Banks.

Found this.

www.marketwatch.com...
edit on 2-11-2019 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Bernie:

Tuition free college

Revitalizing rural areas

Ending private prisons

Ending the war on drugs

and more..

If you're one of those people who only care about what you get personally (screw you I got mine) than you're better off just staying with Trump. He isn't going to do anything for you, but he'll stand at a podium and say he is. That seems to be enough for you guys.

I actually don't disagree with a lot he has to say, but then he goes too far. I consider myself a centrist, and his far left rhetoric is too much for me. I actually enjoyed his JRE episode till he got on about guns.

What's considered far-left about him isn't even far left in the rest of the world, it's just common sense governance. I'm a gun owner and a supporter of the 2nd amendment, but at the same time I don't believe in an interpretation where people should be able to have whatever weapons they want. I believe you should have to demonstrate basic competency and be licensed, like a car.

No one is going to come and take everyones guns, mainly because an armed populace isn't a threat to our modern government. Only to each other.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I hope Bernie is sitting on Santa's lap when he reads off that list. He's been a legislator for decades, you'd think he'd get the ball rolling on at least one of those things already. What has he accomplished to date?

He's been working towards all that for decades, and has shown a consistency that I've never observed in any politician. You can do a lot more as President than you can as a Senator.

Check his voting record.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Many of those things are great in theory. Sunshine and unicorns for all.

In the real world, however, most of the things on the list come with high price tags. Someone, somewhere has to pay, and the only economic demographic large enough to foot the bill is average working class Americans, who are/have busted their butts in boring, thankless jobs for a majority of their lives to get ahead, and provide for their families.

Not to mention the fact that it would crash the economy like Sherman's march to the sea.

I'll pass.

I can certainly see your point of view though. I just disagree about it being realistic.

edit on 1122019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1122019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Bernie:

Tuition free college

Revitalizing rural areas

Ending private prisons

Ending the war on drugs

and more..

This is a great example as to why we can never be united as a nation.

The direction Bernie and others want to go to is so far from the direction many of us want to go to that the end result will be one side happy, and the other side suffering.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Thank you for your answer. Now..tell me.. How's he going to pay for all that ?
Last I read, his "healthcare for all" was going to cost 32 trillion. Where does that much come from ?

We're already paying for all that. It's just being funneled into the pockets of the wealthiest 1%. Under the current tax system, the wealthiest 1% got a 13 trillion dollar tax break. In a country where people are struggling to make ends meet with 3 jobs, that's obscene.

An annual tax on the .1% will take care of it. He's actually proposing tax breaks for middle and lower class and everyone else that isn't insanely wealthy. Jeff Bezos would be taxed around 7 billion from his tax proposal. So about what he makes in 1 month.

Unless you're a member of the .1%, you will save money.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Bernie:

Tuition free college

Revitalizing rural areas

Ending private prisons

Ending the war on drugs

and more..

The direction Bernie and others want to go to is so far from the direction many of us want to go to that the end result will be one side happy, and the other side suffering.

That's true. If you're against things like ending the war on drugs, overturning Citizens United, ending private prisons, getting money out of politics, and actually instituting policies that can help the average American, I don't see any way to compromise.

People like you who want to keep government corrupt and working against average Americans shouldn't expect people like me to want to compromise.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Fair enough, I'll take an honest look.

I understand what you're saying here, but can you show me where Trump's policies have screwed anyone? I mean where they have specifically made things worse for someone. His policies have lifted my industry (manufacturing/aerospace) and quite literally saved my business and many others, providing good paying jobs for a lot of needy people. Of course that's not everyone, but it's more people doing better than before. I can't see how that's a negative.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Bernie:

Tuition free college

Revitalizing rural areas

Ending private prisons

Ending the war on drugs

and more..

That's true. If you're against things like ending the war on drugs, overturning Citizens United, ending private prisons, getting money out of politics, and actually instituting policies that can help the average American, I don't see any way to compromise.

People like you who want to keep government corrupt and working against average Americans shouldn't expect people like me to want to compromise.

We agree that government is corrupt, yet you want to grow the size and scope of government.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Fair enough, I'll take an honest look.

I understand what you're saying here, but can you show me where Trump's policies have screwed anyone? I mean where they have specifically made things worse for someone. His policies have lifted my industry (manufacturing/aerospace) and quite literally saved my business and many others, providing good paying jobs for a lot of needy people. Of course that's not everyone, but it's more people doing better than before. I can't see how that's a negative.

Sure. Under Trump, farmers are taking a hit more than anyone. Which has affected my family drastically. Farmer bankruptcies are up 24% under Donald Trump.

Link

And what this is leading to is small farmers and farms being squeezed out. If we continue this course there will be barely any family or small farms in our future. Just mega-corporation factory farms. So more unhealthy, expensive crap we're being fed. And it doesn't have to be like that.

Bailouts for the industries that Trump has screwed are reaching$39 Billion and rising. I would think that people who care about their taxes wouldn't be happy about having to pay that.

Link

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I believe he means the Fed. 70% of it.

a reply to: gortex

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Dude, I live in corn central Indiana..
The farm issues you're talking about have been happening for decades.
Trumps policies are not causing these issues.

"Farmers filed 580 Chapter 12 bankruptcy filings between January and September, according to the American Farm Bureau Federation, the largest farm advocacy group in the country. That was a 24% increase from the previous year and the highest level since 2011, when there were 676 filings."

Who was president in 2011?
edit on 2-11-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Mach2

Any links to the reputable economists stating that such a large debt in not detrimental considering the size of the interest on that debt , a debt which is forecast to increase in coming years ?

If , as has been said , there is a Global downturn approaching that debt will become more of a concern , and not just to the US economy.

Not doing the legwork for you. It's easily searchable, and opinions vary widely. You would need to read several articles, from different sources, to really form a valid opinion.

Personally, I think the debt/GNP ratio, in combination with the low interest rates on such things as government issued bonds (both domestic and foreign lenders) make it not as big of an issue as some beleive.

link   

Bernie:

Tuition free college

Revitalizing rural areas

Ending private prisons

Ending the war on drugs

and more..

We agree that government is corrupt, yet you want to grow the size and scope of government.

You are never going to get rid of government. I'd hope you would understand that by this point. The only thing you can do is paralyze certain parts of it for a little while, like what we're seeing now. And all that does is open it up to being exploited by mega corporations who are even less accountable than government is. I'd like the money I'm going to be forced to pay to go towards actually helping people. Because helping the citizens is how you make a country great. Not funneling their money into insanely wealthy peoples pockets who hide it offshore somewhere.

If you want to live some right wing fantasy of tiny government move to South or Central America. There's plenty of countries who allow corporations or the richest 1% to rule instead of government.

posted on Nov, 2 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Dude, I live in corn central Indiana..
The farm issues you're talking about have been happening for decades.
Trumps policies are not causing these issues.

They're exacerbating them. Badly. His tariffs are squeezing out small farmers left and right. You can't look at the data and think otherwise.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join