It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convince me to vote Democrat

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

So...come on...here's your chance...convince me.

Vote for whomever you like. I will vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination. I don't like the roll-backs on environmental issues, I think that the situation at the border is a horrible mess that will take a decade or more to clean up (the people still in detention), I think that the top 1% need to be taxed like they were in the 60's, I think that government departments and cabinets should NOT be run by oligarchs, and I want science and scientists funded again. I want to see support systems for farmers, programs to improve the environment, etc, etc. I want someone who is capable of forming some sort of coalition of both parties (as we've had with past presidents.)

And I want to see Mitch McConnell sent to the retirement farm, never to darken the halls of Congress again.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Tom Hank's name was on the Lolita express logs,

Might want to rethink someone who wins awards pretending for a living as seeming like such a nice guy.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

So...come on...here's your chance...convince me.

Vote for whomever you like. I will vote for whoever wins the Democratic nomination. I don't like the roll-backs on environmental issues, I think that the situation at the border is a horrible mess that will take a decade or more to clean up (the people still in detention), I think that the top 1% need to be taxed like they were in the 60's, I think that government departments and cabinets should NOT be run by oligarchs, and I want science and scientists funded again. I want to see support systems for farmers, programs to improve the environment, etc, etc. I want someone who is capable of forming some sort of coalition of both parties (as we've had with past presidents.)

You want government to insert itself into every facet of our lives. We get it.

And I want to see Mitch McConnell sent to the retirement farm, never to darken the halls of Congress again.

We can agree on that but for different reasons.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
In case you guys are brain dead enough to think that either party is actually different from the other....

MSM

What he used to do: Mnuchin was a partner at Goldman Sachs, where he worked for 17 years, and left the firm in 2002. He then founded RatPac Dune Entertainment, which produced "Avatar" and the X-Men movies, among others. In 2009 he organized investors (including top Hillary Clinton donor George Soros) to buy the failed housing lender IndyMac and renamed it OneWest. OneWest was sold to the CIT Group in 2015. He also worked for Soros Fund Management, a firm founded by Soros.

Breaking the conservative hearts here I know

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

# 2 here's the hard part...... Do it without mentioning Trump.
Let your candidate stand on their own merit.

LMAO, "Hard part"? More like "impossible part". No Democrat has a chance without mentioning Trump just like Trump stood no chance without non-stop yapping about "Crooked Hillary" and "Lock her up!"

Neither crooked party seems capable of putting forth someone to vote for, so it always boils down to who people want to vote against.

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Vote Dems and then you can Kill babies whenever you feel the urge...!!

Need to take a dump but there's no public bathroom nearby..? No problem..!! Just drop your pants in the street and "do it like they do on the Discovery Channel"..!!

Dems = total freedom to be the most disgusting human being possible..!!

posted on Nov, 3 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Wouldn't that be the same thing as voting for dementia?

If dementia's your thing you certainly don't need a reason! lol

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The major democratic voting groups consist of BLM, LGBTQ, antifa, illegal aliens, muslims, and hollyweird.

These are groups that organize in masses and vote Democrat.

And the Democrats promise to confer with these groups on every issue.

Would you like to be in a huge gymnasium hanging with those groups?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I want to convince you to not vote. Join me in not buying into this political bull# system that you actually think you have a voice in a presidential election. They all suck, each and everyone of them. Nobody gives a # about you, you are a nobody. When was the last time a political figure did something for you? I'll wait.....

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Convince me to vote Democrat

Why would anyone vote for the most corrupt party this country has ever seen?

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Expanding social security

What's Sanders want to do ?

Force your employer to shell out more for your SS payment?

Create more taxes like the capital gains surtax?

Oh yeah people Sanders got such an awesome idea.

Take more money and making sure people get layed off.

posted on Nov, 4 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Although he is gaining in popularity, Andrew Yang has little chance of representing for the Democrats, but he would be my choice. He has a full suite of policies that make sense to me, and it would be easier to read them on his site, than list them all here. Businessman turned politician is the new trend I've heard!

Andrew Yang Policies

As far as his UBI, it's not the handout people assume. Eventually as automation removes further jobs, or reduces the hours of others, there will be no choice but to supplement incomes. A VAT helps prevent companies like Amazon and scores of others from utterly escaping paying taxes. We already know a trickle down economy is a joke - large corporations simply keep it, and their executives get bigger bonuses. Trickle up makes more sense. If people make more, they will spend more - companies will get more business, and more businesses will be formed as a result.

But I like many of his other policies even more than the controversial UBI. I also prefer his refusing to turn everything into a political circus to gain points - he actually focuses on the issues.

And this thread is obviously a farce - the chance that anyone could convince the die-hards on this site to vote non-he-who-must-not-be-named is a laughable joke. Unless people actually do due-diligence and READ the policies and LISTEN to the interviews and rallies and podcasts of other candidates, they will never be convinced. And I doubt anyone is going to do that. That an ATS member could convince anyone here to change their mind is really quite hilarious.

posted on Nov, 7 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
#1. President Andrew Yang & VP Bernie Sanders/Elizabeth Warren

-Like the current president, Yang is an outsider to the political world.
-Yang is an entrepreneur, as well as an avid philanthropist. He's
extremely intelligent, and has built successful companies and
nonprofits from the ground up.
-He understands technology and its impact on the labor force. He
knows that AI and automation will be taking a lot of our jobs and a
UBI will eventually be necessary.
-He is super down to earth and relatable. He is a genuinely
good person and role model.
-In addition to UBI he also has a plan for universal healthcare that
doesn't break the bank.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>