It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Drake Equation Fallacy

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Barcs

DUMBASS.

Ya know I think I might have rattled your cage. lol

Like always, you can't refute a single thing said so you desperately find an excuse to ignore it. Pure comedy. Thanks for validating my statement.

edit on 11 27 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

There's no evidence in the bible that proves god is real if you mean according to modern science.

If you want scientific proof then you could look at something like Kurt Godel's Ontological Proof which uses Modal Logic. Essentially proving mathematically that god exists. Not saying i believe it but if you ask a computer the logic is sound.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade

There's no evidence in the bible that proves god is real if you mean according to modern science.

If you want scientific proof then you could look at something like Kurt Godel's Ontological Proof which uses Modal Logic. Essentially proving mathematically that god exists. Not saying i believe it but if you ask a computer the logic is sound.

There is alot criticism (and rightly so) for Kurt Godel's Ontological Proof . But let's forget about the criticism and the obvious holes in this theory for just a minute and concentrate on belief.

Now, religous people will look at Kurt Godel's Ontological, and see this as proof thst their God is real, and their religion is real. Do you think they stop to think that thus only means a God is possible? Of course not. And this is the problem, as this thread has shown. As you can see on this thread, people gave posted BS and lies to justify their God in the religion they worship,

Kurt Godel's Ontological is not proof, it's a theory with absolutly no proof or evidence that God is real.

mathematicians have put forth theories that we are in a simulation. Could it be true? Yes, is their evidence to prove it? No. It's all theories, not proof.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Do you think they stop to think that thus only means a God is possible?

No the problem is you arguing from the position that it is
impossible when it's equally as possible as anything you can bring
against it. That's what makes you the biggest joke associated
with this thread. Enistein !

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

There is a difference between something being possible, and actually having evidence for that. Some people think we could be living in a computer simulation. Is it possible? Yes. Do we have evidence to prove that? No!

And with all your pointless ramblings, you still ignore my questions!

Show me the evidence that the God in the bible is real?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

And with all your pointless ramblings, you still ignore my questions!

And that will continue.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

The scientific logic cannot be doubted. The axioms could be brought into question but that could be said for most Theory.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Sorry, but ontologocial argument is not scientific, not math, and not proof of anything. It's nothing but philosophism (just sophistry and word games that are outdated) made up by people that knew nothing about the universe compared to what we know now. There is no logic at all in that argument.

The scientific logic cannot be doubted. The axioms could be brought into question but that could be said for most Theory.

Um, have you actually looked at the argument. There is no science involved and the logic is flimsy at best. Equating an apologetic argument to science is completely ridiculous. It's not evidence, not math based and certainly holds no merit whatsoever in science.

edit on 11 28 19 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Are you ever honest? Claiming something is impossible AGAIN, with no proof, no evidence, no nothing. You just state it and expect people to blindly listen to you. Most people aren't as pretentious as you. Your whole gimmick is pretending to know things that you never even took so much as 5 minutes to learn about.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

Sorry, but ontologocial argument is not scientific, not math, and not proof of anything. It's nothing but philosophism (just sophistry and word games that are outdated) made up by people that knew nothing about the universe compared to what we know now. There is no logic at all in that argument.

Um, have you actually looked at the argument. There is no science involved and the logic is flimsy at best. Equating an apologetic argument to science is completely ridiculous. It's not evidence, not math based and certainly holds no merit whatsoever in science.

Show me direct measurable evidence of dark matter? A very widely accepted scientific theory. Or show me an experiment to detect a Graviton. A lot of science needs a little bit of faith.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Its mathematically sound logic. Whether its viable or true i can't even speculate however it just goes to show that if you spin equations long enough you can "prove" anything.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Sorry, but that does not prove there is a God, not even close. Theories are not evidence, hence the reason I brought up the simulation theory.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Are you ever honest? Claiming something is impossible AGAIN, with no proof, no evidence, no nothing. You just state it and expect people to blindly listen to you. Most people aren't as pretentious as you. Your whole gimmick is pretending to know things that you never even took so much as 5 minutes to learn about.

People do listen the smart ones.
You can be smart to. All you have to do is look inside yourself.
The answers you are looking for here are there.

edit on 28-11-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
"Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence"
Even if we never discovered proof that alien life exist, It would not prove that it did not.

edit on 000000110328113America/Chicago28 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rom12345

I can't even prove I exist when I'm not there! lol

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There's no such thing as absolute proof. Evolution, relativity etc are just theories as well.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I have looked into the argument. It holds as much verifiable evidence as something like dark matter or dark energy. Even gravity is a ficticious force which can't be directly measured.

I'm not advocating for Godel. What I'm stating is that he was a top mathematician and pioneer of his field. Someone who knows a more about math and logic than anyone in this thread that's for sure.

Essentially I'm stating you can't dismiss god for lack of evidence while at the same time accepting other scientific theories which are just as full of holes.

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

There's no such thing as absolute proof. Evolution, relativity etc are just theories as well.

Not true! That's just something people say to fuel their belief, simple as that. How do you know we are not in a simulation? How do you know we were not planted here by aliens? All assumptions, thst could be true, but no evidence to say they are.

Let me ask you this, why does it have to be a God?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Essentially I'm stating you can't dismiss god for lack of evidence while at the same time accepting other scientific theories which are just as full of holes.
a reply to: Grenade

Why does it have to be a God?

posted on Nov, 28 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It doesn't. You just can't rule it out. Same way I can't rule out any of the other ideas you propose.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join