It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentences 16 to death for burning teenage girl alive

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
1e2

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Kinda like the idea of a death sentence in these situations
I know many don't but

Weren’t you arguing with justjohnny that there is always the possibility of redemption for a soul, no matter what they’ve done ? Seems like you’re doing a back pedal now ?
ETA: Very sad story, and I can’t imagine the horror she went through, and the pain it caused her loved ones.
*shakes head* This world makes me so sad.

There is a difference between forgiving their soul and ignoring a horrible murder in a land of agreed upon laws. I can forgive but I don't have to forget.

And that is the truth that many Christians are so overly spiritual they have come to deny
That’s a reality

People think that if you forgive someone that means justice is foregone and thats a lie

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Whatever we can do to them is nothing compared to when they cross into a lower spiritual realm after this dream is over for them.
edit on 25-10-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-10-2019 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sheye

Not really.

Sure there is always the chance of redemption, but that doesn't change the idea of justice on earth, either. Not only that, but man cannot judge the hearts of others, only God knows that, so if these people truly repent, then God will know and handle them accordingly.

I’m not arguing for these criminals! I was surprised Raggedyman was saying put them to death when he advocated for Christian forgiveness for criminals in JustJohhny’s thread !

Please read my posts more carefully.

Please read my posts more carefully

I believe in civil law and punishment
I believe in forgiveness

I believe civil law and forgiveness can go hand in hand, it does
This is not a perfect world Sheye and when you realise that you may understand

Never suggested anything otherwise in JJs thread, you comprehended me wrong

edit on 25-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Whatever we can do to them is nothing compared to when they cross into a lower spiritual realm after this dream is over for them.

What’s worse, if people get away with such malevolence what sort of signal does that give to the rest of society

Do evil and you can get away with it?

Revenge becomes the law in people’s hearts and society collapses

People, Christians are very naive

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I don't know who you think you are talking to I think they should be burned alive.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I don't know who you think you are talking to I think they should be burned alive.

My point was, maybe hell will be bad for them but if justice isn’t carried out here now, then evil is perpetuating through revenge

If someone did that to my daughter and was not held accountable , I would want to wait a few years and then find them.
That is what happens when justice isn’t carried out

You can pretend otherwise
edit on 25-10-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Repentance for freedom, naah. A certain Christian organisation (well can you call Roman Catholics Christian?) the Jesuits, better known as the Inquisition, offered their victims the chance to recant and repent and even if they did, they were still put to death.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I think this illustrates perfectly the horror men are capable of when
they are cultured by a society that was born out of the womb of a
harlot religion.

Any religion that can make such acts possible in the hearts and minds of it's
people is truly why Jesus hated religion. IMO these sixteen don't have a
chance in hell. So much for conjecture.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

I think this illustrates perfectly the horror men are capable of when
they are cultured by a society that was born out of the womb of a
harlot religion.

Any religion that can make such acts possible in the hearts and minds of it's
people is truly why Jesus hated religion. IMO these sixteen don't have a
chance in hell. So much for conjecture.

Yes unfortunately the Muslims faith and egalitarianism don’t go hand in hand.
Though the punishment seems fitting

But then again, western culture has its crimes

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Repentance for freedom, naah. A certain Christian organisation (well can you call Roman Catholics Christian?) the Jesuits, better known as the Inquisition, offered their victims the chance to recant and repent and even if they did, they were still put to death.

wait, you missed the best part of that

put to death by burning at the stake.....

HooHaw!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Not entirely accurate but your point is valid.
Evil does exist and those who perpetuate evil should face civil law and judgement.

The subject you have is a good reason politics and religion can’t mix

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I do not support capital punishment, but I guess in some backward places the punishment must fit the crime.

Odd sentence. Only in backward places should punishment fit the crime.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Sheye

Not really.

Sure there is always the chance of redemption, but that doesn't change the idea of justice on earth, either. Not only that, but man cannot judge the hearts of others, only God knows that, so if these people truly repent, then God will know and handle them accordingly.

I’m not arguing for these criminals! I was surprised Raggedyman was saying put them to death when he advocated for Christian forgiveness for criminals in JustJohhny’s thread !

Please read my posts more carefully.

ATS has many with either major lack in reading comprehension or just choose to see things with their own slant.
I am constantly surprised at the massive misinterpretation of simple things said.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

in certain horrific crimes i always thought that the perpetrators should be executed in the same fashion if not a more horrific fashion. some instances more so than others. there should be a bonfire in the capital of Bangladesh.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Christians like you offer nothing but rhetoric, you tell people what not to do but never offer an alternative

I never once told anybody what to do or think.. that seems to be your job. You argued with JustJohnny that God was a forgiving God and he could forgive anyone truly repentant of sin. You lambasted me with your rhetoric of reading the bible when I said I understood where JustJohnny’s position was on being firm with very hardened criminals.

Now you’re doing a 360 on your stance, and deciding that some humans deserve no chance at redemption because you decided they will never be repentant and do it again.

What a hypocrite you are turning out to be.
edit on 25-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: 727Sky

in certain horrific crimes i always thought that the perpetrators should be executed in the same fashion if not a more horrific fashion. some instances more so than others. there should be a bonfire in the capital of Bangladesh.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I believe civil law and forgiveness can go hand in hand, it does This is not a perfect world Sheye and when you realise that you may understand

I have realized this isn’t a perfect world since childhood... many decades ago. So what I am getting now from your posts is that you believe in civil law and it’s punishment, yet you also believe in forgiveness. So in other words stone them to death and let God be the one to decide forgiveness. Doesn’t sound like something Jesus would preach.

Have a nice day Raggedyman.. I won’t be replying to anymore of your posts.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Christians like you offer nothing but rhetoric, you tell people what not to do but never offer an alternative

I never once told anybody what to do or think.. that seems to be your job. You argued with JustJohnny that God was a forgiving God and he could forgive anyone truly repentant of sin. You lambasted me with your rhetoric of reading the bible when I said I understood where JustJohnny’s position was on being firm with very hardened criminals.

Now you’re doing a 360 on your stance, and deciding that some humans deserve no chance at redemption because you decided they will never be repentant and do it again.

What a hypocrite you are turning out to be.

You told people to read your post more carefully, how ironic

God forgives sin, yes but
You seem to think that because God forgives there is no ramifications for sin
How do you even comprehend that?

Just because God can forgive nearly anything doesn’t mean that there are no consequences for sin
How do you understand that
Have you ever read the Old Testament, all the laws, judgements, wars and deaths

Murder is wrong, the bible is clear but, justice is not.

Do I stone people, no Sheye, you are just being silly, just point scoring

So as I understand you, if a person is found guilty, we should forgive them and let them face no ramifications for their sin, really.
How do you justify that?

You keep making comments about me, telling me what but you offer no options or alternatives, just say what I am wrong at
Give me an alternative and I will consider it

Now I know you won’t answer any questions, you don’t have any answers, just complain, you won’t reply, just complain.
You offer nothing but just complain when your Uber spiritual boundaries are crossed

Tell me Sheye, if you have a violent husband, remain and be abused, leave him and break Gods law on marriage
What do you do, what do you recommend, God hates divorce, what. Stay with an abuser? What do you recommend to a woman?
Just forgive him endlessly and be a punching bag, is that your christianity?

I wouldn’t answer either Sheye

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm against death sentences because we dont know the other side of death but for these guys I would say do exactly what they did to her to them and if they live do it again after they have healed and so on until they are gone .

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Most people misunderstand forgiving in general. It's more for you than it us for those who wronged you. It's the last act of letting go of your hurt and moving on.

The only time forgiveness is also for those who wronged is when they are also repentant. At that point, being forgiven becomes important to them for the same reason - letting go and moving from what they did in the past.

edit on 25-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join