It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sentences 16 to death for burning teenage girl alive

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   
How can sixteen people tie up a girl and douse her with kerosene and then set her on fire ? Was there not one human being there who could stand up and say "NO"? I guess not as maybe they did not want the same treatment.. What a horrible story but at least this time the perps are supposed to be put to death... Not long ago they would have probably walked free.. Sick

Full title : Bangladesh court sentences 16 to death for burning teenage girl alive after she alleged sexual harassment

The horrific incident saw Nusrat Jahan Rafi doused in kerosene and set on fire after refusing to withdraw a sexual harassment complaint against the head teacher of the seminary she attended.

"The verdict proves that nobody will get away with murder in Bangladesh. We have the rule of law," prosecutor Hafez Ahmed told reporters in the crowded courtroom.

Rafi was lured to the rooftop of the seminary where her attackers pressed her to withdraw the complaint she had filed with police.

When she refused, she was tied up, doused in kerosene and set on fire.

She died 5 days later.. Think about that...www.abc.net.au...

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

One death sentence is not enough for this guy.

That's my biased opinion as a father of a girl about same age.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Poor girl, RIP

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Kinda like the idea of a death sentence in these situations
I know many don't but

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
How can sixteen people tie up a girl and douse her with kerosene and then set her on fire ? Was there not one human being there who could stand up and say "NO"?

Outnumbered?
edit on 25-10-2019 by Kromlech because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
The old religious hive mentality....gotta keep those evil women in their place

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

One death sentence is not enough for this guy.

That's my biased opinion as a father of a girl about same age.
INHO the punishment for this type of crime would be death in the same kind. Burn them death slowly like the girl who lived for five days.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I know many don't but

Weren’t you arguing with justjohnny that there is always the possibility of redemption for a soul, no matter what they’ve done ? Seems like you’re doing a back pedal now ?
ETA: Very sad story, and I can’t imagine the horror she went through, and the pain it caused her loved ones.
*shakes head* This world makes me so sad.
edit on 25-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Obviously another example in a long redundant list of "Human beings"
proving themselves unworthy of the right to freedom of choice. Or
any other human right because human rights are reserved for humans.
So i guess they just weren't able to live with their power of choice.
How is being human so difficult for some that they can't even
get thru life without proving beyond any doubt. That they never
deserved life in the first place not even as a bug. Much less a human being.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

I know many don't but

Weren’t you arguing with justjohnny that there is always the possibility of redemption for a soul, no matter what they’ve done ? Seems like you’re doing a back pedal now ?
ETA: Very sad story, and I can’t imagine the horror she went through, and the pain it caused her loved ones.

Really Shaye?
The world makes you sad, who would imagine?

So, do you think that redemption can come before a death sentence? Maybe, no?
What do you recon?

Ever read the bible Shaye, how the death sentence was pretty common in the Old Testament?
Why?
Ever wondered?
Ever thought about it?

There is a logical reason Shaye, it’s not that hard to reason out for yourself, please feel free to ask your minister

If you have read the bible then it’s pretty clear you have no idea what you were reading, no idea what it was all about and no comprehension skills

If you would like to continue please tell me why You think that me liking the death sentence is wrong, why Shaye, justice is wrong

Or would you like me to submit myself to your opinion Shaye?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

I know many don't but

Really Shaye?

What do you recon?

Ever read the bible Shaye, how the death sentence was pretty common in the Old Testament?
Why?
Ever wondered?
Ever thought about it?

There is a logical reason Shaye, it’s not that hard to reason out for yourself, please feel free to ask your minister

If you have read the bible then it’s pretty clear you have no idea what you were reading, no idea what it was all about and no comprehension skills

If you would like to continue please tell me why You think that me liking the death sentence is wrong, why Shaye, justice is wrong

Of course I don’t wish you to submit to my opinion. I had no opinion! Was merely stating that your stance on judgement and punishment for unspeakable crimes has seemed to take a turn from JustJohnny’s thread. You seemed to advocate for a Christian forgiveness in that thread.

I see your resorting to the same bullying tactics as previous threads with anyone who challenges you. 😆 It’s getting old Raggedyman ... grow up.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Oh my, this is a strange turn of events.

The two main protagonists battle it out with a contempt for each other hidden in the midst of a civil debate, one holding the upper hand suddenly thrust asunder by his opponent, to the behest of his own words. The gnashing of teeth be damned, heaven nor hell has such an arena as this earth we live on.

Charyot, Kyung nae..... Si-jahk !

(wordy tae kwon do is fun)

edit on 25-10-2019 by gallop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Bangladesh court sentences 16 to death for burning teenage girl alive after she alleged sexual harassment

I'm sorry, but the only way this could remotely be justice is if the were put to death the same way they did her.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Bangladesh is just another country were life is cheap. The original crime just reveals the type of society that crappy place actually is, where a student was herself burnt to death by a mob when she complained of sexual harassment.

I do not support capital punishment, but I guess in some backward places the punishment must fit the crime.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

The soul can be redeemed. They still need to die.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Not really.

Sure there is always the chance of redemption, but that doesn't change the idea of justice on earth, either. Not only that, but man cannot judge the hearts of others, only God knows that, so if these people truly repent, then God will know and handle them accordingly.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Not really.

Sure there is always the chance of redemption, but that doesn't change the idea of justice on earth, either. Not only that, but man cannot judge the hearts of others, only God knows that, so if these people truly repent, then God will know and handle them accordingly.

I’m not arguing for these criminals! I was surprised Raggedyman was saying put them to death when he advocated for Christian forgiveness for criminals in JustJohhny’s thread !

Please read my posts more carefully.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I know many don't but

There is a difference between forgiving their soul and ignoring a horrible murder in a land of agreed upon laws. I can forgive but I don't have to forget.

ETA

We do have punishment for crimes. Burning them in an eye for an eye is at least traditional and not what I would do even though it seems understandable lots of people would feel that way. Instead, what see is a ground swell of leftist extremism that is for allowing this sick side of society that would burn children for spite to walk the streets is the progressives plan. The end game is disgusting.
edit on 25-10-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Eye for an eye in this case.

Everyone responsible.

posted on Oct, 25 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I know many don't but

Really Shaye?

What do you recon?

Why?
Ever wondered?
Ever thought about it?

Of course I don’t wish you to submit to my opinion. I had no opinion! Was merely stating that your stance on judgement and punishment for unspeakable crimes has seemed to take a turn from JustJohnny’s thread. You seemed to advocate for a Christian forgiveness in that thread.

I see your resorting to the same bullying tactics as previous threads with anyone who challenges you. 😆 It’s getting old Raggedyman ... grow up.

Sheye, we live in a secular society, I believe in separation of church and state
If the state chooses execution I have no qualms about that
There are crimes I believe that require a death penalty

That does not dismiss the need of forgiveness but forgiveness doesn’t mean a person forego punishment, that’s just ignorant in a secular society

I am a Christian but I am not stupid enough to think hardened criminals, people who burn children are going to be reformed because I forgive them, that’s beyond naive
Where is your head at

Imagine if everyone decided to forgive the Nazis, not exercise judgement on them, where would we be at now?
ISIS, what? Just forgive them and move on, to where, you can’t be that naive

As for bullying, yeah, nah, adults around here

So Sheye, you seem a clever girl, what’s the answer, lock them up forever at the taxpayers expense and Bangladesh is a very poor country.

Christians like you offer nothing but rhetoric, you tell people what not to do but never offer an alternative

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join