It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will there be immediate violence if Trump is taken from office?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

You sure do have a thing against the religious folk.

Wow! Religious folks sure do have a thing for AR-15s and wanting to kill people, through a so called "Civil" war, in the name of the golden one, Donald Trump!

Maybe when we explore forums where most people like to keep up with politics, it's easy to find the fringe of political beliefs.

But my guess would be if you went to a vast majority of churches in America, most people don't have AR-15's... And most haven't uttered the words civil war in relation to current events.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DBCowboy

You sure do have a thing against the religious folk.

Wow! Religious folks sure do have a thing for AR-15s and wanting to kill people, through a so called "Civil" war, in the name of the golden one, Donald Trump!

"Judenrau!"

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what the new equivalent scream would be.
edit on 24-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
It is my opinion, there will be a lot of protests. All the Democrats will hire bodyguards. There will be a few that do not survive. The VP will take over where Donald left off.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Lets just hope he doesnt lock himself in where the sergeant at arms has to physically remove him from the residence.

I dont see him letting that embarrassing scene play out so I think he will go peacefully but will storm twitter with his ire.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

LOL Some burley guy in a plaid shirt saying put up your dukes. The men dressed in raw fur taken off a live animal with muscels on their muscels from "rasseling" bears.
Bet they are shaking on capitol hill now. LOL.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I hope so because it would be really, really anticlimactic if nothing happened with all the big talk I've heard.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

No one is worried this will happen. Not in the least. I guess there may be some crazies out there but no mass movement.
There are always some idiots that make stupid moves but not wholesale.
edit on 10242019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe when we explore forums where most people like to keep up with politics, it's easy to find the fringe of political beliefs.

Well, that's what the OP is and is all about. This is a Christian pastor, with a Christian audience, preaching to Christian followers about taking up arms against US leaders and their supporters.

Granted his followers are extreme. But, are the ilk of "charismatic" people like Pat Robertson, Franlin Graham, Jerry Falwell Jr and their followers also fringe? I mean, they pray for their enemies to die, believe that abortion causes natural disasters like fires, earthquakes and storms, and that gay's should be "rounded up and kept behind electric fences", or at the very least legally denied basic human rights like medical treatment, housing and employment.

But my guess would be if you went to a vast majority of churches in America, most people don't have AR-15's... And most haven't uttered the words civil war in relation to current events.

Liberal Christians do exist. Unfortunately their voices are drowned out be the screams of Christian evangelical patriots, ready to join armed militias patrolling the border, hunting for "illegal" foreign sojourners.

But, I do appreciate your willingness to protect most (liberal) Christians and other (liberal) religious people, who are not, and should not be caught up in this kind of radical religious justification and thirst for violence.

I'm not even going to get into the piety of members of Trump's administration, people like Betsy DeVos, Mike Pompeo, Mike Pence and Bill Barr, wrapping themselves in the American flag and carrying a cross in one hand and a Bible in other, preaching Christian dominionism of America's social construct.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I guess you better build that bunker and hide, Sookie.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018
What are you talking about? There have not been any assassination attempts on trump.
I'm pretty sure I would have heard about it.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Your point has merit, I just don't think it should be used to define the whole, even in the non liberal sense.

I've lived in Texas, New York, back to Texas, Virginia, Michigan, and then finally back to VA. I was raised a Christian even when I had to hold my nose at points (not because it's a bad religion, but because I was being forced). I've been to many churches, and from my experience, no matter the location or majority of political leaning, most Christians try to be good people who typically are charitable and generous (whether that be financially or spiritually).

When you look at the makeup of churches, it varies, but many or most don't fit the demographic to speak or engage in political violence. I'd also say most don't conflate their quest for salvation with current events past trying to navigate themselves through the physical world.

These are just my observations though, and more importantly my opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: LSU2018
What are you talking about? There have not been any assassination attempts on trump.
I'm pretty sure I would have heard about it.

Washington Post
Newsweek
Wikipedia
There are three different examples.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Sooks is allowing ignorance to create mental boogiemen, but we all need something to hate I guess.

It's like the one and only church she ever saw anything about was the snake-handling one and now she's convinced the only thing Christians do is toss around rattlesnakes and cottonmouths while trying not to get bit.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can sympathize with resentment towards organized religion. I'd even go so far to agree in many ways it (organized religion) has been perverted for gain in many senses just as Jesus warned. But that doesn't mean all of the followers have ill intent. They are convicted and faithful seeking salvation through their spiritual beliefs. Anything man touches will inherit the imperfections of humanity, but that doesn't necessarily make it bad.

Perfection is impossible, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be sought. Through seeking it we become better.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

I can sympathize with resentment towards organized religion. I'd even go so far to agree in many ways it (organized religion) has been perverted for gain in many senses just as Jesus warned.

Especially when organized religion is used to incite hate, persecution and violence.

I propose that church life during the Trump administration is a different experience than it was under previous administrations like those of Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Obama. I've never seen so many churches trying to defend and justify unchristian like leadership, and so many churches dumbfounded as how to grapple with this administration's "sins" and its assumption of religious authority.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I've never seen so many churches trying to defend and justify unchristian like leadership, and so many churches dumbfounded as how to grapple with this administration's "sins" and its assumption of religious authority.

The churches you speak of are institutions more than religious house of prayer. They've taken on the role of demagogues in an effort to gain riches and social clout and pull.

There are two types of churches, the kind defined by Christ which is the group of people, IE a small community where people congregate, this is not the building, but the people, they are the church. And then there is what Jesus warned of, the building being referred to as the church, or the power structure, like mega churches.

So if you go to a congregation of 50-300 people, most are simply about their quest of spirituality.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Let me start with the condition of being an old retired guy, with way
too much spare time at night for anything other than rinsing out the
BS filter from the media--- and then lurking here for 95/05% posting.

Due to the age and other demographics in my necko'the woods- I'd be
hard pressed to bet any of my neighbors or myself would be shocked
if the Dems got their initial wish of removing Mr.Trump via impeachment.

And I mean even the Senate could get all the RINOs and the Dems on a
same page, convicting him of some "Trumped - Up" (God I still love that
qualifier for its irony) set of charges. By now it could be something as
innocuous as tax evasion. What th' Hades they finally nailed Capone with it.

Then what? With the average over-50 Sectional Spud too lazy to dig under
the cushion for the crumby remote, and go for the spare under the cup-
holder instead: does anybody indeed think there'd be a knapsack dragged
out preloaded with rice and beans with a couple dozen spare mags o' NATOs?

I took an oath and reaffirmed it past a max as an election judge-- the
wording I took in the over-the-top was as same as when I was 18. The chief
judge also looked at me like I was a multi-headed ET with OneOf'Em Alex's.
I am however NOT prepared nor willing to die for what some other misinformed
idiot believes or doesn't. I've got my OWN pocket Constitution to misunderstand.

Unfortunately BIG IF also, our present Chief Executive gets taken out early by
anything resembling foul play I and my neighbors are prepared to get creative.
This Last Paragraph Was Brought to You by a Quite Unimportant Element of the
Silent Majority: Located All the Goddamned Over Flyover Country.
We Ain't Misfits, the Criminals Are... You Have Been Advised.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

You more or less said the same thing a very famous scientist who worked under the Obama admin said:

You cannot pour the pure water of faith into the rusty vessel of mankind and blame faith for the results. That's paraphrasing, but it's essentially that. We're impure vessels and we take a perfect thing and get it wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Exactly who would these so called mountain men be fighting in a civil war? Everyone not wearing a red MAGA hat? Will they storm the WH? Or just start shooting random brown folks on the street? Maybe they'll go after politicians and their families. All of those scenarios won't garner any sympathy or support from the general public or any politician regardless of which side of the fence they sit on. They'll find themselves ostracized from society and hunted down like the traitors they are.

OMG!

What a raciest thing to say. How your comment escapes the Mods is beyond me.

lol.. AltRight Much? It's no secret that the KKK and other white supremacist groups support and endorse Trump which he never denounced. You should clean up your own back yard before you go pointing fingers in my direction.

posted on Oct, 24 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

That's because you don't understand.

A Clinton Adminstration was never going to be anything except openly hostile to people of faith in governance.

Trump, while not in the slightest Godly, wasn't going to care about how we lived and wasn't at all going to be hostile to our faith. On the contrary, he believes that freedom of religion means just that.

So as a person trying to live my faith, the choice was clear. I may have to take up my cross and suffer for my faith, but that doesn't include being a flagellant by voting for it.

What's more, there is nothing on the Democrat ticket to inspire any of us to vote differently this time around either.

edit on 24-10-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join