It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Bushkrieg: Shock and Awe in America

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hell must be freezing over, I cant believe I am gong to say this but.............

Good post dawnstar

So what were you saying about needing to have money to get money kid?
I'm sorry what was that?.................................
I cant hear what your saying kid,I guess you are just too busy eating your words.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
thank you...but.....
here I am, just a lowly women, with nothing. I'm not running a business that is helping others find perspective new businesses to invest in, am I?
you are, if I am to believe your posts, which I don't have any reason not to....
why couldn't you offer him the information, instead of just carrying on?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Know how in that essay you wrote it talked about "money brokers"
Well thats what I do.
I'm not much into the anaylsis side so much as the deal side.
Once we have a comapny I am the one who actually raises the money.
I dont have any information saved like that anyway, I have no use for it.
The simple fact is info like what you posted can be found in hundreds of places if one actually looks for it, I cant imagine how kid has never run into it, unless he never looked beyond the local ban.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
ya, only the problem is, most people don't know how to present thier ideas to potential backers, and well, even once you get the funding....there's what a 50/50 chance that the business will go under in the first year, mainly because they grossly underestimate the expenses that need to be incurred to sustain any type of growth, and well, they really don't have enough knowledge about what they are doing....
SBA has workshops that will help you come up with a business plan, and will get your ideas in order and presentable for perspective backers, but well, the knowledge of just how to run a business isn't something that can be just picked up. A mentor of some type can be a great help....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The simple fact is info like what you posted can be found in hundreds of places if one actually looks for it

Quite true. I got most of the info I needed to startup from researching on the web.

Btw that was an excellent post dawnstar.
Also your husband must be a pretty good guy if he is buying Broncos hats...lol

[edit on 9/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skibum

The simple fact is info like what you posted can be found in hundreds of places if one actually looks for it

Quite true. I got most of the info I needed to startup from researching on the web.

Wow skibum you started your own company? You must have been born rich. Or been lucky, or known someone who was rich. Becuase thanks to kdfnger we all know that noone can get any money in amerca unless they already have a lot, and there is no way for someone from a working class background to ever start thier own business.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Wow skibum you started your own company? You must have been born rich. Or been lucky, or known someone who was rich.

Actually yes I did, cost me less than 500 dollars. Hardest part was overcoming the fear of putting myself at risk.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My target is something like $100-$200, if I can manage to keep my credit cards in my back pocket and out of those stupid little machines at the stores....well, that's about how much I would need..
advertisement won't really be a problem, since I've spent alot of time making contacts in the group that would be interested in my idea.
They would benefit, I would benefit, and well, if things keep going the way the are....we all would be benefitting since they would be using my services to earn money that is really needed in our local economy...
and well, many of the services that they would actually need, would be offered free, and the things that I would be offering at a cost would be much lower than they can get elsewhere....
I don't really have a desire to be rich, just to live.
the main problem I have is transportation...used to get around that one walking everywhere I wanted to go....now I am just plain stuck.....

but, I bet ya ten to one, if I ever get it even half way off the ground, the hospitals and doctors will come swooping down on me wanting all the profits to pay what I owe them, and then well, there won't be the money to grow and expand....and well, their desire to money will end the business anyways....

[edit on 9-3-2005 by dawnstar]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   

the hospitals and doctors will come swooping down on me wanting all the profits to pay what I owe them

That is why there is the "evil" business entity known as the corporation.
But in all fairness, It is money owed and from dealing with hospital bills myself, They generally try to work with you. As far as I know, Your company cannot be sued for your personnal debts.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
"Basically, if you invest everything you have in your business, as most newcomers do, you don't usually need a corporation because you have nothing to protect. Your house hold possessions, personal belongings, generally your car, ad even a portion of the
equity in your home is protected by the homestead provision of the Federal Bankruptcy Act, and cannot be taken away from you."

I don't know if this statement will hold true after they change the bankruptcy laws, but, well, we have nothing to lose, and if they really want what we have and call it all even, hey, I'm game!!! They're better off just leaving us alone and well, hoping we can glide by until the last of the kids fly the coop. Then we will be in a better position to do something for them...

But, well, I don't think I need to add in the extra expense of creating a coorporation.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
See, incorporating your business, not only protects you should your business fail, but protects your business from things like the personal debt you have.

For instance, they can't take my house should my business fail, likewise they cannot touch my companies assets for debts i incur on myself, say I default on my car loan, my business would be safe, UNLESS, I fail to maintain the separate entity of the business from myself.

[edit on 9/3/05 by Skibum]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
BTW incorporating your business, is very easy to do and in most cases fairly cheap, that was part of the 500 dollars I paid for my startup. In my state all i had do do was file Articles of Incorporation with the State Corporation Commission and pay a small fee.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
"Basically, if you invest everything you have in your business, as most newcomers do, you don't usually need a corporation because you have nothing to protect. Your house hold possessions, personal belongings, generally your car, ad even a portion of the equity in your home is protected is protected by the homestead provision of the Federal Bankruptcy Act, and cannot be taken away from you."

Portion of the equity in your home is protected, not your home itself. Thats the way I read that.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   
For this post, I'll need to take a very detached attitude to get my point across. As an American, I am furious at the continually worsening policies of the Bush Administration. Never before has a President caused so much harm to our country, doing far more damage than 9/11 ever did. I've never before heard so many people grumbling about the need for a revolution, as I do these days. I've never before doubted that America would last well beyond my lifetime.

But now, sadly, I am beginning to see my home, my country, begin to show the early telltale signs of an empire during its decline and eventual collapse. Poor leadership, expansion into hostile nationalistic areas, and economic policies exclusively favoring the rich.

Perhaps I am making mountains out of molehills, but I read of the collapse of empires past, and find strikingly similar problems to our own current ones.

"It is difficult to reach a conclusive verdict on why the western Roman empire fell...the Roman army was a powerful and effective force. The institution itself was not at fault, but the support it received from its commanders-in-chief, the Emperors, was often lacking. If there was a single reason for the collapse of the western Empire, it was poor leadership, not military failure."

The Collapse of the Roman Empire--Military Aspects by Hugh Elton. (ORB Online Encyclopedia)

"Nationalist agitation against economic disparities, often stimulated by acts of racial discrimination by British settlers, was particularly strong in India (see Indian National Congress) and in parts of Africa. Although loath to lessen its hold over countries it had done much to develop, and thereby to incur great economic and political loss, Britain gradually capitulated to the pressures of nationalist sentiment."

British Empire (The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2001)

"There was mass privatization of some parts of the economy, but the oligarchs and other owners of these enterprises never severed their cozy ties with the Russian government. Some sectors of the economy, like agriculture, were barely touched. President Yeltsin eliminated price and wage controls, but he never adequately tackled the monopolies, never tackled the military-industrial complex, and did not stop the huge deficit spending that ran up the debt and ultimately caused the economic collapse."

Who Lost Russia? by Kim R. Holmes, Ph.D., Hon. Caspar W. Weinberger, Hon. R. James Woolsey, and Ariel Cohen, Ph.D. (Heritage Lecture #629)

We currently exhibit all three of these former empires, and many many more. Further loss of rights, nepotism in the highest offices of government, harsher laws with requirements for prosecution becoming more and more vague, and an overbalance of power towards one political party, are all universal traits exhibited by other empires during their collapses.

Given our current trends, I can only predict that the end result will come down to revolution, either through votes or violence. Two questions now rise in my mind: is there a way to correct this, before America falls at its own hands, or if not, would it really be so bad?

When the Roman Empire collapsed, Italy eventually became a quaint little place with a penchant for following train schedules, and became famous for their food. When the British Empire collapsed, they became a quaint little nation with a penchant for grammar, and became famous for their comedians. When the Soviet Empire collapsed, they became... well... 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Which will be become? A quaint, big nation, famous for...our aircraft(or something)? Or will we, like Russia, sink deeper into a morass of anarchy, corruption, and eventual return towards what we were before we fell?

I suppose there is a third possibility, the One World Government, which people here seem convinced is "happening right now, as we speak". And I leave myself open to that possibility as well. However, I believe in inertia and history a lot more than I do in conspiracy, and both inertia and history point towards the eventual collapse of my home, my country, my people.

Thank you, Bush. Thank you for ruining my country.
And thank you, non-voters, for letting him.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Once Amerca was strong becuase its peoples were strong, our people have weakened, and so our Nation is weakening.

once america was strong because of self reliance of the population. the population is now a slave to the corporate teet. if you're not in the ramses club, fughitabout it.

Dawnstar, kidfinger, soficrow, bandit, etc. You and yours are stealing the strength frm america. Competition, the concept which brought us where we are today is now a dirty word. Morals, Values, which gave us the strength t stand against evil, are mocked and rdiculed. Self reliance has become self induced servitude, and all the while you are speeding us faster and faster into destruction.

i agree, kind of. first of all this 'morals, values' has ALWAYS been nothing but SPIN. america has been a nation of exploitation since day one. 'morals and values' are mocked by BUSH, with his constitution shredding and war crimes.
i would say that it is YOU who is immersed in the attitude that is 'destroying america'. "LAND OF THE FREE, HOME OF THE BRAVE" is now "LAND OF THE OWNED, HOME OF THE SLAVE"
'competition' is not a dirty word. where is the 'competition' that mom and pop can muster against walmart? walmart moves into a town, strikes a deal with the municpality to build infrastructure in lieu of taxes, they kill all the other businesses in town with their 'competition'(which includes slave labour wages, poor benefit packages, and HORDES OF CHINESE SUPPLIERS), and then as soon as the taxes are paid off, they roll up the carpets and move to the next town.
workers tried to unionise in quebec, and the store shut down. let's watch the one trying to unionise in western ontario, now.
where is the 'competition', when the companies that are already making the most money, also recieve the most in handouts and tax breaks, and bailouts in 'hard times'? the same companies that are moving all their manufacturing to third world countries. the same companies that are causing the most death and misery on the planet.
there is NO COMPETITION in a world dominated by a handful of superpowerful bankers and industrialists.

Why fight when you can whine, why stuggle when you can beg, why work when you can eat government cheese.

do you think it's a #ing picnic living in a cardboard box in forty below weather? being beaten by cops for being 'dirt'? eating out of a dumpster? have you ever enjoyed 'government cheese'? i think you would find it as bitter as do the huddled masses FORCED into poverty by the pyramid power structure of the NWO.

Originally posted by mwm1331Alas poor America, I kenw her well horatio.

alas, poor america, kenny laid her but good. ah, jekyl island, they screwed us well, .......whore ratio went right out the roof.

for the record, i'm not poor. i'm an entrepeneur.

what would you DO with all these people mwm1331? ovens, perhaps? should we just let them starve? or is it more merciful to shoot them all?
how do conditions of poverty affect the business world? would you open a factory in a ghetto? why not? the rent's cheap. how about a five star hotel? why not? there's plenty of parking.

the reason you were able to succeed is because a roving band of cannibals didn't eat you. if there is no social safety net, roving bands of cannibals could become a reality.

[edit on 9-3-2005 by billybob]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Dawnstar, kidfinger, soficrow, bandit, etc. You and yours are stealing the strength frm america.

IMO - We ARE the strength of America. All of us. Good minds, strong spirits.

Morals, Values, which gave us the strength t stand against evil, are mocked and rdiculed.

Destroyed by the very corporations you hold in such high esteem, as part of their "marketing campaigns." For profit.

You want it. You defend it. You got it. Profits first, no holds barred. People and ethics aren't on the books.

Self reliance has become self induced servitude, and all the while you are speeding us faster and faster into destruction.

Me?! I wish. But Bush has the checkbook.

Originally posted by billybob

where is the 'competition' that mom and pop can muster against walmart? walmart moves into a town, strikes a deal with the municpality to build infrastructure in lieu of taxes, they kill all the other businesses in town with their 'competition'(which includes slave labour wages, poor benefit packages, and HORDES OF CHINESE SUPPLIERS),

And corporations are "persons" - equal under the law to any individual. Hmmm. You're right billybob. They are a lot bigger. Chances are I'd get creamed if I tried to take on a corporation, right?

where is the 'competition', when the companies that are already making the most money, also recieve the most in handouts and tax breaks, and bailouts in 'hard times'?

Corporate welfare is okay. We just don't wanna give free money to hungry kids, sick veterans or lazy disabled bums. It's the American way. [sarcasm off]

the same companies that are moving all their manufacturing to third world countries. the same companies that are causing the most death and misery on the planet.
there is NO COMPETITION in a world dominated by a handful of superpowerful bankers and industrialists.

But they call it a "level playing field" - it MUST be okay!

what would you DO with all these people mwm1331? ovens, perhaps? should we just let them starve? or is it more merciful to shoot them all?

Good questions. Maybe more pertinent than we all realize.

the reason you were able to succeed is because a roving band of cannibals didn't eat you. if there is no social safety net, roving bands of cannibals could become a reality.

Now that's graphic. Ever made horror movies billybob?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Thanks to FredT:

story.news.yahoo.com

''The American public as a whole takes a fairly coherent position. They favor redirecting a portion of defense spending to deficit reduction and social spending and look for savings by cutting spending on large-scale Cold War style capabilities,'' said PIPA (Program on International Policy Attitudes) director Steven Kull.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Kid I have a feeling you think money is important- it's not. The ability to use other people's money is important.

Read the link on Lloyd's of London- this will give you an example of people (thousands of them) that made fortunes without spending a dime. another sofi ATS thread

There are a lot of stories out there relating to money- they don't matter. The ones that matter are the ones relating to wealth. A not-so-simple exercise for you- buy a house with no money. Option a lot and sell it- no money from you. When (not if) you do this then doors will appear you didn't even know existed.

Now, back to the thread-
More news- bankruptcy code is being overhauled to snag the middle class. The wealthy will gain more loops to hop. Watch the news and see how quick this passes congress.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Ohhh roving bands of cannibals are coming to eat me ohhhh noooo!!!!!!

The funny thing is you guys have to pull crap like this because you know I'm right. As for the evil walmart, I suppose you all think wal mart started out as a massive corporation right?

Have any of you ever even considered how walmart got to be as big as it is?

Hmmmm.

The fact is walmart is as big as it is today, becuase of thier successes yesterday, walmart started out just as small as any other Mom and Pop store, they grew becuase they gave thier customers what they wanted, a large selecton of products at low prces. Ohh but they are a big corporation so they must be evil right?

Please, I am so sick of whiners like you all blaming your falures on everyone and everything but yourselves.

The simple fact is anyone, from any backgroud, can acheive anything they are willing to work for in America. Anybody can be rich if thats what they want.

Ohh but you have to be a member of "rameses" to succeed, the bad old NWO is gonna hold you down.

Why do I even waste my time?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Please, I am so sick of whiners like you all blaming your falures on everyone and everything but yourselves.

if someone drives a truck into my living room, i blame them. it's a 'society'. a concept far removed from the thoughts of those who live in ivory towers. did you ever notice all those cars on the road? well, they're full of people. these peoples' actions create a confluence and influence of cause and effect. each individual does not live in a vacuum. if someone shoots me, am i to blame?
i'm personally not a 'failure'. i was blessed with talent, genius IQ, and a perfect michaelangelo body. lucky me.
you're being a bit of a generalisationist, don't you think? MOST people living in poverty would LOVE a good lob. they're not lazy, and i'm not 'whining'. every system has it's inefficiencies. recognising inefficiency is the first step to correcting it. another word for efficient is 'economical'. another doublethink word brought to you by big brother.
the big bad NWO might be better than the big bad OWO. we'll see. so far, it sucks, though. profitable public companies and utilities being sold for peanuts through nepotistic political channels, causes a rise in cost to the consumer because it is no longer subsidised. 'competition' results in higher prices and less benefits of ownership to the consumer in these cases. international trade agreements are undermining the soveriegnty of countries. people are being polarised("you're either with us or against us") and filled with hatred and distrust by media bombardment.

i think there are enough threads on walmart that we don't really need to drag that whole elephant over to this one. it's not as simple as you make it seem. rags to rags, riches to riches is the ordo of the day.

Why do I even waste my time?

because your ego is as big as your bank account? alpha male
?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by billybob]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join