It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Bushkrieg: Shock and Awe in America

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by billybob

Originally posted by mwm1331
Why do I even waste my time?

because your ego is as big as your bank account? alpha male
?

[edit on 10-3-2005 by billybob]

You hit the nail on the head BillyBob. Seems to be the reoccouring problem with the elite these days.

Oh, as for money being important to start a business, it IS important for what I want to do. Cant do it without money, and it is something that most investors wouldnt touch. So moneyDOES mater when you start a business. And there is no other option for me. If there are business grants or loans from the gov for a poor white boy, I'd like someone to point them out because I have yet to find them. It is one thing to say they are there, and yet another thing for it to be true. I have searched exhaustivly and found NOTHING.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yes becase we all know the only place you can get any assstance is from the government. Its not like there are any other ways to get financing. As for investors not touching it, that is bull#. Considering some of the idiotic things I have seen people invest in I know there is someone who would be willing to do so.
But that would require you actually makng an effort, writng a business plan, doing research etc.
I mean if you cant just walk into a bank and walk out an hor later with 100,000 then obviously all money must be set aside for the elite.

Winners make things happen, losers make excuses. I think you have shown which of the two you are kid.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Winners make things happen, losers make excuses. I think you have shown which of the two you are kid.

Nice. Pure conservative mentality there. Did you get your U2U?

As for all investors not touching my idea being bulls**t, you are mistaken, as usual. I wish to open up a computer repai store and no investor here will touch it. I cant get any loans for it. Any start up capital I have comes from my pocket. I wish I could use someones elses money. How about you mwwm1331? You want to invest? Didnt think so.

Losers think the way you do.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Tell me Kid have you put together a business plan, do you know what the market is for compter repair in your area, have you done a cost analysis to determine how much capital you need, do you have a realistic projection as to how much in gross revenue you should make in the first year, second year and so on, do yo know how many people in your town would use your service, are there any computer repair shops that you can use as an example for a cost to revenue projection, can you show that the number of computer breakdowns which would be more effecent to repar than replace on a cost basis, what would your market be private or corporate customers, what types of repair do you want to do and what equipment is necessary to be able to do those repairs, have yo put these and the many other questions that a business owner needs to have awnsered in a clear and easy to read format?

Kid unless you have at least done all of the things I just mentioned then you havent taken any serious steps torwards owning your own business much less being able to convince nyone to invest in it or loan you money. Neither banks nor investors are in the habit of throwing money away, and from thier perspective if you haven't at least taken these basic steps then you are a bad nvestment.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Tell me Kid have you put together a business plan,

yes

do you know what the market is for compter repair in your area,

yes

have you done a cost analysis to determine how much capital you need,

yes

do you have a realistic projection as to how much in gross revenue you should make in the first year, second year and so on,

yes

do yo know how many people in your town would use your service, are there any computer repair shops that you can use as an example for a cost to revenue projection,

yes

can you show that the number of computer breakdowns which would be more effecent to repar than replace on a cost basis,

replacement of defective parts is part of repair. So yes on both counts.

what would your market be private or corporate customers,

Both

what types of repair do you want to do and what equipment is necessary to be able to do those repairs,

All types, and I already own most of the equipment I will need.

have yo put these and the many other questions that a business owner needs to have awnsered in a clear and easy to read format?

As you can see, I have.

Kid unless you have at least done all of the things I just mentioned then you havent taken any serious steps torwards owning your own business much less being able to convince nyone to invest in it or loan you money. Neither banks nor investors are in the habit of throwing money away, and from thier perspective if you haven't at least taken these basic steps then you are a bad nvestment.

I think I HAVE taken all those steps and more. You see, I bought oscilliscopes. Function Generators, Logic Probes, Soldering Guns and many other essential equipments necassary to my business venture, out of my own pocket.

[edit on 3/10/05 by Kidfinger]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Its nice that you bought equipment but also irelevant.
Since you have done everything I mentioned a couple quick questions.
What is the market for compter repair in your town? (both in gross dollar figures and how much of that market is concentrated in the area you wish to open in)
What are the most common breakdowns?
How much will it cost you to get the other components you need and how much will it cost you to lease a storefront?
What will your total overhead be?
How much in gross revene do you expect to make in the first year?
What are the most common components you will need to replace?
How much inventory will yu need to keep in reserve?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Its nice that you bought equipment but also irelevant.
Since you have done everything I mentioned a couple quick questions.
What is the market for compter repair in your town? (both in gross dollar figures and how much of that market is concentrated in the area you wish to open in)

In my business plan, I stand to make (GDA) about $372,000 a year once established. However, I have given myself a two year buffer for establishment.

What are the most common breakdowns?

Hehehe! People who dont know what they are doing is the prime factor for breakdowns. I went to replace a power supply in my friends 5 year old HP last week. It turns out, it wasnt plugged in. Barring human error though, the most common 'breakdowns' (not just one) would be mother board failure, HD failure, or Software failure, which is usually related to something in the hardware aspect.

How much will it cost you to get the other components you need and how much will it cost you to lease a storefront?

Extra components including office furniture and test benches is about $10000
Store front lease is $1100 a month.

What will your total overhead be?

Based on 3 full time employees and myself as salaried, Im looking at around $250,000 a year . My employees will be paid what they are worth and given good benifits in health and dental.

How much in gross revene do you expect to make in the first year?

App. $200,000

What are the most common components you will need to replace?
How much inventory will yu need to keep in reserve?

Well, computer hardware is like picking a grain of sand off a beach. There are so many brands and types to consider. Then you have to take into account customer loyalty to brands that are popular. I would probably keep a little of everything in stock.

So how about it. You want to invest?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So tell me kid, how many potential investors have you spoken too?
Also how do you justify the fgures you are quoting?
What has the feedback from the investors been?
Have you considered other options for starting you busness such as working from home untll you have more available?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

So tell me kid, how many potential investors have you spoken too?

28 After next monday. SOme were individuals, and some were investor groups.

Also how do you justify the fgures you are quoting?

I am pretty good friends with the owner of CK Computer Solutions. A business that is close to my business model. He helped me with my figures when I was hammering all this out.

What has the feedback from the investors been?

Well. I dont have my business yet, so what do you think?

Have you considered other options for starting you busness such as working from home untll you have more available?

More WHAT avaliable? I do work from my home on this. I also go to school full time, and hold down another part time job.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
untill you have more money available.
By feedback I meant what are they giving you as reasons for not investing?
Have you contacted them afterwards to determine this?
Oft times an investor not nvesting is the best thing that can happen if they are wlling to tell you why. It allows you to re do your busness plan to address those concerns.
The fact is it isn't easy to get people to part with thier money, you have to gve them a good enough reason to.
If they dont feel your presentation was persuasive enough to part with thier money find out why. What objectons do they have? How can you re-tool your busness plans so the next Investor won't have the same concerns.
Small busneeses are the most dangerous investments. There are a thousand reasons they can fail. From undercapitalsation to mismanagement. You have to have the abillity to show potential investors how you are going to mitigate those risks.
If you have contacted 28 investors then you have barey begun. However keep at it and you will find someone to invest. Thats the beautiful thing about America if you keep at anything for long enough you will succeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   

By feedback I meant what are they giving you as reasons for not investing?

After the first fifteen investors told me that there was not enough return on investment, I lowered my salary and changed my envisioned area of business. to have a cheaper lease. It is all about the money. every investor I have talked to gives me basically the same feedback. It amounts to this: If you want me to invest in your company, you will have to be broke for ten years before you make any money. Otherwise, my returns are not profitable for me. It doesnt matter iof you are profitable or not.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Well kid that is a legtimate concern. Put yourself in thier shoes, its not just about whether or not investing in your venture wll be profitible, there s also the "opportunity cost" ie whther they would, by investing in your company, actually lose money due to not investing in a more profitiable venture. For example If I invest my capital in an investment which makes me 5% per year, but in doing so miss out on an investment which wouldmake me 10% a year then I have actually lost 5% per year in "opportunity cost"

Perhaps you need to approach it a different way. Are you asking them to invest as a shareholder or as a debtholder?
What type of return on investment are these investors looking for?
How much are you offering them based on your projectons?
Is there any other way you can increase thier end without having to be broke for 10 years?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Perhaps you need to approach it a different way. Are you asking them to invest as a shareholder or as a debtholder?

I have three investment plans. One for share holder, one for debt holder, and one for silent partner investments.

What type of return on investment are these investors looking for?

The one group of investors that was actually intrested wanted a 15% return a year for 15 years..............

How much are you offering them based on your projectons?

I have different returns for all three plans. It is anywhere from 8% a year for 12 years to 13% over 8 years.

Is there any other way you can increase thier end without having to be broke for 10 years?

I have reworked my business model a few times, and I have it down to the maximum possible return for investors while still affording me a decent salary. Not a great salary, a decent salary. I am willing to do this just making $500 dollars a week for 8 to 10 years.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Well then I would have to say your best bet is to just keep plugging away.
You may wish to revise what you plan on paying yor employees not to menton rethink offerng medical and dental. The reason small busineses are exepmt from provding those benefits isn't as many seem to think to screw employees, but due to the fact that many small busnesses simply can't afford to.
Also you need to understand the mentality of small business/VC investors. Many of them have been burned by thier investments, anything from the guy taking the money and running to using it to buy a new house, in addton you must remember that they are funding your dreams, as such they feel perfectly justified in wanting you to have to sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

you must remember that they are funding your dreams, as such they feel perfectly justified in wanting you to have to sacrifice.

In a nutshell.

15% return- not much for a pure gamble.

but back to the thread-

Bankruptcy reform.

Reform is near
Personal bankruptcies appear to have broken the upward trend of recent years, as new filings fell 3.8 percent last year, according to official figures released Tuesday. They showed 1,563,145 personal bankruptcy filings in 2004, down from 1,625,208 in 2003.

Who pays for bankruptcy anyway?

Before anyone can file bankruptcy under the Bankruptcy Reform Act, they must receive a certificate from an APPROVED non-profit credit counseling agency that states that they have received a briefing on opportunities for available credit counseling and have been assisted in performing an individual budget analysis.

Seen the ads on T.V.- non-profit means what? Means zip. Credit counseling is just another business. The non-profit angle is a sop to make it sound better. This way the counseling services can get government dough.

Bankruptcy is older than America- it is part of business. Reforms are nothing new. The soon to be gone rules are reforms from other rules.

t seems likely that those people who are marginally able to repay some of their debts will be strongly encouraged to utilize the services of the non-profit counseling service, even if doing so imposes the hardship of repaying a higher percentage of debts than in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy plan.

Think about it. Someone is broke, on the ropes- O.K. , pay a fee (more money) sign a legal and binding agreement- see how this works? The new law just changes the players. Now a new middle-man is added.

Another new twist (there are others):

In the existing system the debtors sign the petition under penalty of perjury, under the Bankruptcy Reform Act the attorney must verify the petition and schedules.

This is going to be rich. Now attorneys are required to do what they were required to do anyway!?

Smoke and mirrors- another in a growing list of 'adjustments' being made.

As with many other changes in Bush-o-merika, a conservative slant on stuffing the 'average guy' with more costs. I can't imagine car dealers like these changes, this will slow down car purchases. Likewise with appliance sales.

Banks and other finance companies will probably love the new law. Gives them more time to carry debt on the books and a greater reach.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Thats the beautiful thing about America if you keep at anything for long enough you will succeed.

That's not unique to the United States. In Europe for example you can also succeed. In fact, you will be able to succeed at any place at anytime if you have thre right attitude, thought habits, beliefs, plans and methods of action.

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Thats the beautiful thing about America if you keep at anything for long enough you will succeed.

That's not unique to the United States. In Europe for example you can also succeed. In fact, you will be able to succeed at any place at anytime if you have thre right attitude, thought habits, beliefs, plans and methods of action.

...and are mentally and spiritually flexible enough to continually redefine your definition of "success."

[Sorry Bandit - just couldn't resist.
]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Have you ever thought to actually use your head in something constructive, and perhaps you can better yourself and your life?.... Come up with a new innovative idea...start a new business, even if it is small...that's what's great about Capitalism, and free enterprise... anyone can become sucessful.

ahhh, another nonbeliever...
all i can say is:
I wish it was truly the way you see it.... i really do...it used to be that way, until recently.

I am in the process of producing an invention myself as we speak...
and have been constantly harranged by new laws being put into place that make it more difficult for me to get a patent...
more expensive,
more proof required...
more technical data that also costs more...
then consider that getting UL approved is another hassle...

what was once a 6 month process has become almost impossible...
and whats more... for some reason...as of recently, if i try to go for a global patent, a foreign company has the right to look at everything i am producing and try to copy it and bring it to market before mine is even approved and protected...

smells mighty rank at the patents office...

and your comment about starting a business. i have much personal experience (I am on my 5th startup)
my first business was started with pocket money and fed me for a year.
my second business was a little more expensive to start but was soon rolling and fed me for many years...

the main reason my first two businesses were successful is due to the ease of laws regarding new businesses. there was an air of allowance that permited me to make a go at the american dream...

now it is stringent... and new business is watched much more closely in regards to license, taxes, bookkeeping requiremnts... so forth...
and laws are actually enforced to prosecute mistakes that are common in new businesses... (where a warning was issued before)

in short... if i tried to restart my second business type today (limousine agency), it would be all but impossible without 3 times the money it took the first time (and/or three times as much work for myself)
And for the record... i am not against Bush... i have said many times... he is probably a great guy to have at a party... but as president, he allows others to make his judgements (becuase he just doesn't know what to do)

So Ka*l Ro*e and others are actually making the decisions for all of america right now, and they are less than trustworthy people...
look into the gentlemans history (the one i didn't spell completely) and you will see what I mean, and why I didn't use his full googlewise name.

it is truly sad that what you say is not the reality of it... maybe someday it will be again... thanks to the efforts of people like sofi.

we all want the same thing... positive change... i see only one way to do that... positive actions...
it will have to be political... and massive... a new party, or new candidate that is above reproach...

I am announcing my candidacy for president of the USA in 2008...
my first course of action will be to establish an anti BS department... to sort thru the garbage that the last 8 administrations have heaped on us...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong

I am announcing my candidacy for president of the USA in 2008...
my first course of action will be to establish an anti BS department... to sort thru the garbage that the last 8 administrations have heaped on us...

You just got my vote

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join