It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS chat is down

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
theres nothing i like more than talking with like minded people..especially Jak's,Myn,Dr funk,huria,relantless,UK wizard,shorty,daystar da cruz delta nine and a special shout to cpr

Doc K wanders off all bewildered and confused ......Im not loved any more.......Opt dont like me no more.......Booo Hoooo

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:26 AM
link   
SO is really trying to compromise and keep the chat for everyone, safely.

I say get rid of it, it's too much trouble, if people are going to take advantage of the trust...

Perhaps it should cost points, big one time fee, like RATS "was". That would keep anyone under a certain "cap", out of the chat. Limiting it to those who have earned the privilage.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

I say get rid of it, it's too much trouble, if people are going to take advantage of the trust...

Perhaps it should cost points, big one time fee, like RATS "was". That would keep anyone under a certain "cap", out of the chat. Limiting it to those who have earned the privilage.

Good Idea Ill pay points ......even if it means I have to wait that much longer to be able to buy one of those email things ....that is if they are still around..

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   

TextDoc K wanders off all bewildered and confused ......Im not loved any more.......Opt dont like me no more.......Booo Hoooo

sorry dude.....i feel awful....i meant to put you but i forgot.....peace out and a big up shout to you...fellow car and engine lover!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:33 AM
link   

TextDoc K wanders off all bewildered and confused ......Im not loved any more.......Opt dont like me no more.......Booo Hoooo

sorry dude.....i feel awful....i meant to put you but i forgot.....peace out and a big up shout to you...fellow car and engine lover!

Well okay I guess I will continue to get the super wagon running then so I can race your cobra some day .....its all good

JAK

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Indeed ADVISOR, there is no reason why this already free website with it's many numerous features should provide anything which proves cause for concern for those who run it.

I am sure that there are many other ATS members who would agree with me and happily admit that the effort being made to maintain this additional feature is just another example of the dedication and goodwill of all those concerned.

I have already made my feelings known about the good fortune I had last year to stumble upon ATS and the fantastically diverse members who make it what it is, and as I sit and watch it evolve I stand ever more impressed.

I take this time, and I'm sure I speak for many here, to thank each and every member of staff for the time and effort so generously given to make ATS what it is.

Jack

[edit on 7/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:43 AM
link   

yeh good on im
I understand that the mods have to keep this site from fallin apart and they'll do whatever measures are necessary to make sure everyone has a good time.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:53 AM
link   

theres nothing i like more than talking with like minded people..especially Jak's,Myn,Dr funk,huria,relantless,UK wizard,shorty,daystar da cruz delta nine and a special shout to cpr

'wipes away tear' I am... valued? I... I never knew! 'sob'

'elbows D9 in the ribs' Ha! I beat you in Opt's list!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The chat option has all together gone! The button you click to go on chat aint there! Wow!

What do we do?!?!

JAK

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Optimus, unless you can and are willing to prove it in a court of law I would ask you refrain from labelling you and I as 'likeminded' in public. I believe this is called slander!

Jack

[edit on 7/3/05 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Having reviewed the thraed further. (okay, a bit further) I can see why it has been shut down. With good reason too but i still hope it returns.

It was very interesting and also helped to discuss threads further and way more indepthly debate a thread. On many occasions it could help to ease tentions between two less friendly members, by talking to them in real time about not just what he/she believes about a certain subject, thread or whatever.

Shorty

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Just wanted to say sorry, I don't always act in a respectable way in chat

sorry

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daystar

'wipes away tear' I am... valued? I... I never knew! 'sob'

'elbows D9 in the ribs' Ha! I beat you in Opt's list!

Ohhh, you son of an unmarried mother

Hey, you know what this means now?

I have to start posting on the forums again!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   
lol D9.......

I must openly say that I have NEVER recieved a private message in the chatroom of an inappropriate manner. The chatters I have encountered in the ATS room widely vary in age, and some are grumpier than others. I have felt respected in the room and treated in a dignified manner. Most, if not ALL people ask first if they can ask a private question. I am glad I never has to experiance an uncomfortable IM. ATS does a great job keeping this a site safe for the majority, and if chat goes away, I will not be the ONLY sad person on the boards.......right cpr? (great job on this thread man!)

I say take away the IM capability.........folks can use the u2u service for a secure line and, since it can be saved and forwarded.......perpetrators of smut like comments can be easily pinpointed, and are less likely to comunicate in that manner. I guess the IM capability via the chat function is just to big a temptation for the darker side of humanity

TRG

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
sorry your wrong i thought this site was'nt just about freedom of expression and denying ignorance but it was also a comunity and by getting rid of chat because people are saying what ever the hell they want is really stupid if u have people who are being discriminating then ban them simple dont be stupid about this im considering leaving this forum now
bad form moderators

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
sorry your wrong i thought this site was'nt just about freedom of expression and denying ignorance but it was also a comunity and by getting rid of chat because people are saying what ever the hell they want is really stupid if u have people who are being discriminating then ban them simple dont be stupid about this im considering leaving this forum now
bad form moderators

You should read my announcement again because it's clear you didn't understand it the first time.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Yo guys I got banned from chat more than a week ago and I didn't whine and complain.

Be responsible for your actions. You are banned if it comes back or maybe not I don't know. But don't make the people who run this site feel bad or they won't want to do anything for you or anyone else

Chill.

When you are wrong, face up to the fact you were wrong and apologize.

If you don't think you were wrong, go read the T&C again - you agreed to it.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by klain
bad form moderators

It has been CLEARLY stated this is NOT a moderators decision.....it is the decision of the OWNERS of the site. It is GOOD FORM to attempt to lock out and protect inocent members from the pervasive sexual deviants abounding on the internet. Bitching out the mods will NOT help one iota in bringing back the chat funtion, that just prooves to the powers that be, that it is more trouble than it is worth.......I would watch your mouth if I were you. Be gratefull for what we have here.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei

i'm surprised the media hasn't picked on this. "Top Headline: ATS chatgate controversy"
CPR, dont say things like that, the media might just do that, and thats the last thing we need.

Hey it might get more people to the site!

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mickmeaney

Originally posted by iori_komei

i'm surprised the media hasn't picked on this. "Top Headline: ATS chatgate controversy"
CPR, dont say things like that, the media might just do that, and thats the last thing we need.

Hey it might get more people to the site!

It's cool to joke but you know it would bring the wrong people and put a bad name out there for the site.....

Shouldn't we all chill so chat can come back. And you should listen to me, even if chat comes back I'll still be banned. It's just the best way. People chill out.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join