It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS chat is down

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I still can't access it, from the home page or any other page. Could you link to the URL from where you got access cpr, so I can test? When you said main page I assumed you meant board home, am I right?

I'm assuming they have a bit of work to do with the coding, so I didn't expect it to be up tonight, but apparently it is...

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

(Maybe provide a link to the chat page also?) Thanks!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Thanks cpr, both of those directed me to board home - no dice yet.

I guess they have some more work to do before the whole thing is running seamlessly.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Skeptic took chat back down again to fix some problems. It will be back up soon I guess but it's nighty night time for me. Night all. Thanks for sorting this out all you mods and for skeptic one big smooch *tries to kiss skeptic but is beaten by skeptics harem of moderators* owww...:shk:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
chat ur or atleast that's what is saysl

You cant link to the link used to open chat. It uses _javascript to open the actual popup. So when you have that #, without the _javascript telling it to open the popup, itll just go to the main page.

When it comes back up, try this, which is a direct link to the application, and not a popup.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   
This has got to be the quickest developing thread...I mean I don't know if a thread created to discuss 1st Contact when it happens would get 6 pages in only a few hours.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
This has got to be the quickest developing thread...I mean I don't know if a thread created to discuss 1st Contact when it happens would get 6 pages in only a few hours.

Dunno, one of my old racismposts generated heat awfully quick. Too bad they threw it out like 8 months after it died. (They finally agreed it violated T&Cs.)

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Chat is down, and will remain down until it runs reliably with "private messages" disabled.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Due to the amount of inappropriate discussion and general crap going on in chat, it has been disabled until further notice.

So do I get to be unbanned ?????????? Or does everyone get banned?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Hey, so long as I can write [color=ff66ff]PINK in the chat room, I feel naughty enough.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Apparently, chat is still down, and the link has disappeared from the headers. Does this mean that it will now be down permanently, or is this to keep people from attempting chat, while the private message issues are addressed?

I'm just curious.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It is down-down. it used to be you could at least load the flash, and it wouldn't connect to the server. Now I get a "404 not found" error of where it used to be.

Thankfully some dedicated members notice they could do something they shouldn't have been able to do and contacted the 2-4 Mods that were in chat while it was still in a police state.

Hope it doesn't take too long SO, and you don't get too burned out from doing the "hard work"

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banshee
Due to the amount of inappropriate discussion and general crap going on in chat, it has been disabled until further notice.

you bastards!!! what's wrong with me trying to get in good with the chicks, talking about women and telling dirty jokes?? it's the australian thing to do!

Originally posted by Skeptic Overlord
It seems that a majority (more than 50%) desire to abuse the features and services provided by this site as a playground for prurient games and solicitation and engagement of sexually charged exchanges. And I am referring to private exchanges, to make things clear.

well i've never used private messages except to talk to Dr Kruta about somethin which i can't even remember. All my delightfully amusing antics have been out open for all to see baby!!

And if it's been Sugarlump and Mynaeris having these sexually charged exchanges, why wasn't I invited!!!

Seriously though even though I start raving on about sexy women and anything to do with women (like how good aussie women are
) sometimes on chat i've never meant anything bad by it, it was all in good fun.

I also apologise if any of my behaviour has been inappropriate on chat, I understand the mods have a tough time keeping all of us rabble from killing eachother so i promise i'll only talk about how a lochness monster occupies the hawkesbury river next time on chat.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by drfunk]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skeptic Overlordp
It seems that a majority (more than 50%) desire to abuse the features and services provided by this site as a playground for prurient games and solicitation and engagement of sexually charged exchanges.

Well I can vouch for Drbryankkruta, Optimusfett, Mynaeris, Sugarlump, jehosophat and huria86 are all good people when i'm online!! they're a great bunch, easygoing, relaxed and most of all friendly

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
for members with more than 100 posts.

I just hope that once the kinks are worked out for private messaging that this is enough. It would be interesting to know the length of time the major offenders have been members before they have gone to chat and compromised it. My worry is that even without PM, especially after this crisis passes, that there will be incidents with newer members as I have noticed in the past even in the public room.

When I see a new name in chat, especially those that jump right in, taking neither the time to see what is going on in the room or getting to know anyone before they blurt out an agenda or start harrassing someone, I check their registration date and some of them have only been registered a day or two.

This probably gets too complex, but I would seriously recommend a minimum membership time before someone can access it as well as a fee of points. It would weed out at least some who haven't been around long enough to know what this community is really all about.

I am bringing this up because I am concerned now that some of us are going to really want to protect the chat once it is back, and that may lead to a round of Mod alerts, and I would hope that this won't cause the Mods to rethink that chat is just too much of a headache even without PM.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
for members with more than 100 posts.

I just hope that once the kinks are worked out for private messaging that this is enough. It would be interesting to know the length of time the major offenders have been members before they have gone to chat and compromised it. My worry is that even without PM, especially after this crisis passes, that there will be incidents with newer members as I have noticed in the past even in the public room.

This probably gets too complex, but I would seriously recommend a minimum membership time before someone can access it as well as a fee of points. It would weed out at least some who haven't been around long enough to know what this community is really all about.

I am bringing this up because I am concerned now that some of us are going to really want to protect the chat once it is back, and that may lead to a round of Mod alerts, and I would hope that this won't cause the Mods to rethink that chat is just too much of a headache even without PM.

indeed even when we do get chat back the mods are going to be watching it like a bunch of hawks, so from the outset PM'ing should be banned and we all got to watch our tongues and play nice or an overzealous mods gonna open a can of whoopass on us.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk

Well I can vouch for Drbryankkruta, Optimusfett, Mynaeris, Sugarlump, jehosophat and huria86 are all good people when i'm online!! they're a great bunch, easygoing, relaxed and most of all friendly

Thank you very much DR F that was missed over the fact that I was willing to do what ever it took to help to re-establish the service , but I guess since you brought it up then thank you for the statement.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:02 AM
link   
well thanks dr funk for the complement.....well i asume that this ban has been put in force due to the involvement of talk of a sexual nature probably between minors?...ive seen some comments between members ive thought were out of order.
The main thing i find upsetting is that loosing chat is a crying shame...theres nothing i like more than talking with like minded people..especially Jak's,Myn,Dr funk,huria,relantless,UK wizard,shorty,daystar da cruz delta nine and a special shout to cpr for being a very intelligent and funny young guy.....this is a rarety in this day and age.sure were always stupid and the conversations are random as hell but the contents always in my opinion been funny and harmless.......(if i offended any midgets? sorry about that......probably not pollitically correct but its nothing compared to some of the stuff on ATS thats deemed 'borderline'............easy little fella,easy!)

i would also like to say that 3 people on chat ...myself ,jak's and myn have probably taken it upon ourselves to be approachble by some of the younger members for advice on many different subjects in private chat,ive always felt privlliged that younger members who maybe have a few problems at home and at school think that they can come to me for advice....(and before any weirdos sujest that im talking about stuff with sexual content.....im not)...aside from my joking and random rubbish speak,i like to give fair and honest advice that i hope really does help....every body needs a helping hand sometimes and im glad and honoured that people have asked me for it.

Because of what has happened i stand up for the mods...(when im not impersonating one with my RED font in chat..lol)....that peverse element is the work of sick people and its from a dark world i dont want anything to do with.

Id like to see chat back its fun and has a very posotive vibe when the above people are in it.

well,love you all dearly guys......goto shoot.......Its the national midget convention in Geneva!!......im guest speaker.......dont want to keep the little fellas waiting!...peace out!.

XL5

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Hmmm regulation is always the best, it teachs people to behave rather then giving them a sour taste in their mouths and no "learnable" lesson at all .

I just wonder why I keep missing the juicy stuff but I do have some honest questions: how juicy is too juicy and would a chat planned revolution be kept private by the mods in a NWO event?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I miss chat
Even though I mostly lurk. I need to come into chat one time when I am not medicated. Also thanks Dr

Edit: I would also like to add that possibly a 2 month wait before being able to access chat, also please enforce strict rules, I really hate to go into chat sometimes to just see "adult" chat going on.

Also I could see this coming due a select number of useres decided to fight with the mods about how adult chat should be allowed and continued on even after the mods asked them to stop. They just jumped rooms.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by Huria86]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join