It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS chat is down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
sorry skeptic i can be stupid some times i really hope these "minorities" are banned and again sorry i was a fool who rushed in

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:05 PM
link   
so, what happened? chat is down, up, down,up,down??..whats next?

its like a kindergarten, and we are the kids in there..the rules getting more and more stricter..Some of us are in a adult age, what can I say..I dont´t know

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think we need to have JAK help us hold a cadlelight vigal with his avatar. And maybe a Chatters withdrawl support group thread in BTS

It it gets really bad we could start a Trap-nueter-release program for people Like CPR12r who are known to suffer greatly from withdrawl

and we could also contact eachother via IM programs to get a fix in.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Candlelit vigils held all over the world for ATS Chat.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maybe we can get AC/DC to perform a benefit concert.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'd tell you what I think of the inconsiderate, immature and self-centered people who caused chat to be removed, but I'd probably get in trouble.

Is it so hard for people to behave in an adult and responsible manner. *shakes head*

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I also must ask forgiveness. I have been involved in too many slanging matches with various members but i did try and keep my cool all the time and act sensible for what it's worth.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM"

* I am sending good energy and lighting the candles as well*

~and so it is~

"Try? there is NO try.....do and be done" *MasterYoda

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by klain
i really hope these "minorities" are banned

What's wrong with the minorities of ATS? Why should we get banned from ATS chat just because of our ethnic status? I thought the Neo-Nazi invasion of ATS was subdued, however I guess I'm proven wrong. Are you sure your name 'Klain' isnt a typo for 'Klan'?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I actually think SO was very smart in this.

As an admin of my own board I know how hard it can be to keep members in order (well my board has next to no members, but I am co admin on my friends board) and he took a smart move in disabling chat (and then bringing it back), and Ive been living without ATS chat, you guys can too for a while

Oh and by the way, I think this is a good place to post it, I recently got an email, here is one paragraph (its from Kyoshi)

" And by the way Bec about the whole Justin thing here is what he says: Becca Im really sorry for going into chat on your name and impersonating you to get banned, this has actually shown me how I really have NO life. Please tell the other members of that board I am sorry. (Im saying this because 1. I do feel slightly sorry and 2. so chris [kyo] doesnt beat me up)"

-_- and Im sorry for not being carefull with my password and such, and if you say you dont believe it you should, there are many things Kyoshi and his friends do that most people dont believe (-_- and I mean many)

Thanks for bringing back chat SO when its up and running, even if I still am banned some of the other members need chat (like cpr lol)

and you guys who were dissing the mods before
you have no idea how hard it is for them to moderate this site, there are so many people and those who misbehave (spelling error, sorry) are the ones who truely ruined it, not the mods or admins. And juggling ATS with their own private lives isnt easy, they could be having a horrible day (like I am today) and then some of you come and make them even more stressed.

Hey Mods and SO
Good job at being staff on this site, you deserve much more respect than your given

Especially you SO, you deserve much respect for bringing this site to life
ALL HAIL SKEPTICOVERLOAD!

(im such a suck-up
)

EDIT: And SO if you need any help with the chat tell me, My brother is really good at doing things like that (he went to school for it), so if you need help please ask, I would be glad to help you out

[edit on 7-3-2005 by Reikuro]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Simulacra.......I am getting that the ~MINORITIES!~ they refer to are the faction of online perverts testing the ATS waters. Nothing to do with race or color man, I assure you I do not GET THAT from any of the above conversation, I am sure you must be mistaken.........please take no personal offense unless your guilty of the stated crime.
Peace.

[edit on 7-3-2005 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
Simulacra.......I am getting that the ~MINORITIES!~ they refer to are the faction of online perverts testing the ATS waters. Nothing to do with race or color man

My commentary was soaked in sarcasm. But thanks for taking it serious.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   
NO ONE diss the mods and admins. They are all great people and it isn't their fault ats chat had to be disabled. SO I hope the whole pm thing gets worked out. (I was the one who told the mods) A
for all the mods and admins on the site. You all rule*whispers* with an iron fist j/k

Yes and I need my chat baby back. *pets the chat and keeps petting it*

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by klain
i really hope these "minorities" are banned

What's wrong with the minorities of ATS? Why should we get banned from ATS chat just because of our ethnic status? I thought the Neo-Nazi invasion of ATS was subdued, however I guess I'm proven wrong. Are you sure your name 'Klain' isnt a typo for 'Klan'?

my first post was a little better but i was angry so i apologized actually free speach should be used heh this is my oridgioanl stand point and i change it back go free speach lol

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Everyone knows I joke when I say "A mod has ENTERED!! RUN!!!" But I really try to keep my cool.

I can't say I'm at fault, cause I rarely PM anyone, and the only person I do PM about my issues is Asala. And I ignore those that I might have bad conflicts with, and yea, sometimes or many times I do get out of hand, but nothing I don't fix with a little warning from the friendly neighborhood mods.

And it would help if the mods did take some responsibilty for not warning people when kicking them, because alot of times, people just get kicked and aren't even told what for. You can't fix a problem if you don't know what it is.

And yea, this chat should be limited to certain people, it shouldn't just be open to everyone, and there should be a maximum amount of people allowed at once per mod, like 5 a mod. This would limit the amount of people in there, limiting the damages, and would allow mods to take certain measures and be ready, because there have been times when there was only 1 mod for like 15 people, and alot of pming and bad things were going on. IT should also be limited to people with atleast 3 months experience on ATS, and the Chat should have to be purchased.

I think those ideas would help limit the problems on Chat, but there will always be these issues and difficulties regardless.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So....will all the banned people seek a new chat outside of ats??

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
*SNIP*and there should be a maximum amount of people allowed at once per mod, like 5 a mod. This would limit the amount of people in there, limiting the damages, and would allow mods to take certain measures and be ready, because there have been times when there was only 1 mod for like 15 people, and alot of pming and bad things were going on. IT should also be limited to people with atleast 3 months experience on ATS, and the Chat should have to be purchased

If the people here cannot be trusted to behave unless thee are five chatters per mod, then the people here must not deserve the privilege of having chat. I mean, please there have been times when there were a dozen people, maybe one mod, and everyone behaved. How hard is this?
The 3 month minimum, or something similar may help, or at least eliminate the fly-by-night trolls.
The ATS community should be more responsible that that

Maybe it will need to be a subscription, like RATS.
But whatever, if SO decides chaat is a feature, then those who go to chat better behave. SO and the staff/mods go out of their way to make ATS a great place to be.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Chat is back, for now.

Requirements for ATS chat are a minimum of 200 total posts in any of the three forums.

If you're having trouble connecting, clear your browser's cache, refresh, and click the chat button in the board menu.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I've cleared my cache but I just get.
"Not Found

The requested URL /forum/client/atsflashchat.php was not found on this server."

Anythign else I can do?

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Chat is back, for now.

Requirements for ATS chat are a minimum of 200 total posts in any of the three forums.

If you're having trouble connecting, clear your browser's cache, refresh, and click the chat button in the board menu.

Getting error 404 Browser not found still even when doing the things you suggest here

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join