It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS chat is down

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
ATS chat has gone down. When you try to reconnect it just starts blinking and making scary noises. I know this just didn't happen to me cause it happened to other people to.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
UGH!

Serious things were going on, and it's Sunday night (our favorite chat night). Please fix it oh great one - we promise to behave!

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Due to the amount of inappropriate discussion and general crap going on in chat, it has been disabled until further notice.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
shame to hear chats being used that way hope its back up soon at least anyone on msn at all ?

link   

and God's wrath was horrible for the wicked, he speaketh and it came darkness upon the ATS folk, they could not speak, could not utter their blasphemies.
So is the might of our Lord.
The Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away.

link   
Omgosh - what did I miss while in a private conversation? Or was it not just what was going on at the time?

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Free counselling sessions will be starting every 15 minutes located in the main hall. Please bring some cash and alcohol.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Okay let me get this straight. Some people have been using Chat for naughty things. Why cannot those people just be banned from ATS chat(OR ATS alltogether)?

This action seems a bit overkill too me. Of course I'll live since I never used ATS chat, just seems...way over the top to me...

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Given the recent number of chat bans that happened due to inappropriate discussion, apparently people did not learn from others' mistakes.
Recent events and review of chat logs showed the problem has not abated. Since more than a few members did not care to abide by the rules set forth in the T&C, the decision was made to remove the chat option from the site.

You can thank those who think "adult discussion" is appropriate on ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Free counselling sessions will be starting every 15 minutes located in the main hall. Please bring some cash and alcohol.

LMAO, and please pair up with a Buddy

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO TELL EVERYONE HOW DEPRESSED I AM?

Oh ok, I'll get a LiveJournal.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:27 PM
link   
well to all those who thought it was appropriate thank you so much for spoiling it for the few who or would have like to catch up with people in ats chat I hope some time in the future chat will be back.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

Originally posted by Nerdling

LMAO, and please pair up with a Buddy

followed by a few :w: and and we will all be feeling much better. Think of it as poor mans ECT

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
*twitch* *twitch* *twitch* *crawls into fetal posistion and cries* Please bring ats chat back it is my life!!!!!!! Ok time to make a chat room for counselling.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Okay, it has been going down hill, and I guess it has been a constant problem to moderate at this point, but honestly, this is a darn shame!

Though I saw some things earlier that were getting borderline, I did think it was getting nipped in the bud, but I am aware of someone seriously causing a personal problem for another member in the past 24 hours, and stuff like this just shouldn't have happened here.

Anyway, will miss you guys, but anyone who misses me can U2U me for my MSN or AIM if you don't have it already (won't post it on my profile for pretty much the same reasons chat had to be shut down).

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well, the way I saw chat was a way for members to get to know each other in a relaxed atmosphere. I'm not sure that this rash decision is the answer, but rather promoting a set of chat moderators. After all, there usually moderators in chat anyway.

But, if this is the will of the "authority," so be it. I just think it's a bad idea and will hurt more than it helps friendly and informal interaction between members.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I liek jamuhn's idea maybe the moderatign staff can appoint some chat mods. People who are in ats chat a lot and just give them powers over chat just like kick or warn and stuff like that. That could be a solution. I need my ats chat.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Moderators kept tabs as it was and despite warns and the like the behaviors persisted unabated. Adding Chat mods is not likely to make a difference.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
No tolerance one strike and you're kicked and 2 strikes you're banned.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by cpr12r
No tolerance one strike and you're kicked and 2 strikes you're banned.

No.

Chat is disabled until further notice.

The above has already proven it does not work. If warnings, chat bans, and temporary kicks haven't worked, then nothing will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join