It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump blames mass shootings on mentally ill, calls for more mental institutions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
He's right, there are too many crazies with guns so why penalize the sane gun owners for the sake of the few? This is about logic, but not just logic, there are other factors too that need looking at like easily gotten perscription drugs sometimes given by fake doctors, and sometimes the cause of MI as much as for it. Look at London they're taking knives away from people but they are penalizing the sane ones too, that includes online purchasing.

MORRISTOWN, New Jersey: President Donald Trump said on Thursday he supports meaningful background checks for gun buyers, but he said that those responsible for recent mass shootings were mentally ill and the United States should build more mental institutions.

Trump said he had been speaking with Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell and many other Republicans about the problem of gun violence, and “they don’t want to have insane people, dangerous people, really bad people having guns.” “We don’t want crazy people owning guns,” the president told reporters in Morristown, New Jersey. “It’s them. They pull the trigger. The gun doesn’t pull the trigger. They pull the trigger. So we have to look very seriously at mental illness.”

(post by andy06shake removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

(post by DictionaryOfExcuses removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm not a POTUS through, i can be crazy on my own time, not other peoples.

Anyhoo is it not the nasty videogames that are responsible or was that last week?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I do agree that we have too many people that should be supervised at some level up to include committed as an involuntary patient. The main reasons we did away with the vast majority of mental institutions is money and what we perceived at the time back in the 70s/80s better drugs.

Today we realize that many of these drugs actually make matters worst for some while maybe helping others cope. Anti-depression drugs can lead to suicides and aggressive actions like mass shootings...who would of thought...

We have homeless on the streets that are basically seriously basket cases that wonder around eating out of trashcans as about the best thing they do. These people need help and will not look for it on their own...

edit on 16-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Whats Trump's scorecard say aside from racist? LoL

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well if you give the poor homeless persons jobs that pay a decent wage, houses and an existence like the rest of us they might not be homeless drug-addled crazy bastards nor on your precious streets.

These people do indeed need help, but it's certainly not the kind that anyone is willing to be dishing out any time soon.

When the world is crazy, what do you expect the people to be?

edit on 16-8-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

Smart enough not to blame the weapons of innocent Americans.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Anyhoo is it not the nasty videogames that are responsible or was that last week?

Well no it is not, but social media can be a huge part of all this. There was a famous study back in the 70s about whether violence on TV created violent kids and the initial results was that it did. One of the biggest tenants in studies is "correlation does not imply causation" and this is something most forgotten.

What made the study famous was that it was dead wrong while society believed it for a good 10 years. The actual finding was that violent kids also liked violence on TV, not that TV made kids violent or even if you like violent TV shows it didn't mean you were also violent.

Zero causation all around...So today you still have people, maybe the President too, that believe in what was considered correct.

edit on 16-8-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well if you give the poor homeless persons jobs that pay a decent wage, houses and an existence like the rest of us they might not be homeless drug-addled crazy bastards nor on your precious streets.

Test that theory...Try and give them a job...Try and give them a decent place to live...try...lol

I'm talking about people that have serous mental issues and their only course is living on the streets eating out of trashcans.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Is that riiiiiight?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Yes! PUHLEASE open asylums back up! Part of the reason jails are overpopulated is because of mental hospitals being shut down.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Whats Trump's scorecard say aside from racist? LoL

Trump's a racist, pedophile, sex offender, crazy, homophobic, xenophobic, narcissist, sociopath, psychopath, Russian agent, law breaker, tax evader, liar... did I miss any?

Outside of that he has been a pretty decent President...

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We could do that but republicans keep cutting budgets and don't EVER want to raise taxes on the rich to get something like that.

edit on 16-8-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Have you dealt with the homeless? Sure some are legitimately down on their luck and want help, amazingly enough help does exist. On the same end, you have folks that do not want the help at all and are if not content, at least resigned to their lot. Now are any of these homeless out committing gun crimes? Heck no, not when a decent pistol will get you a few hundred from the store and keep you in cheap booze or whatever your method of self medication is.

On to the topic at hand, I know there will be people who say oh it's not mental illness. I say to that, what part of shooting another human in a situation outside of self defense sounds rational to you? While they may not be diagnosed with an actual mental health issue, I still say you can't be of sound mind to do something like that.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sorry dude I think Xtrozero just answered that one for me lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I believe the president is correct. At least in the UK there is a real opinion that the depreciation of mental health care needs to be revised.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join