It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
a reply to: opethPA

I read there were 3000 shoppers?

That was the high end of the estimate, 1000 was the low end.

A LOT of people either way, in a confined space.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Did you "pwN t3h l1bz" today with your emojis, xuenchen? Was today a win for you? This is the guy that this site loves. People get their head blown off while they're grocery shopping, and this dude racks up the stars whilst mocking the victims. Add a vape gif, bro. You'll get more stars.

Judging by his MO in every mass event thread on here, he gets off on it. Frankly, as one of the more turbo posters on here with high visibility across topics, it makes ATS look awful.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: starviego
If you've got a death toll of 20 or so that automatically means more than one shooter.

Um..why? that makes no sense!

I speak as an ex-military, with extensive training on the M-16. Real life ain't the same as some action-adventure Hollywood production.

If you want to hit that many people in a crowded place, you need to get a sawed-off shotgun. That MIGHT do the trick.

I'm not buying that, indiscriminately firing into a crowded mall doesn't seem to require a lot of skill..just the will to do it. How long was he shooting, what was his weapon, these are questions that should be answered before any conclusions are made.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

6 min police response is what I read.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: PilSungMtnMan

That's a long time.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I put a lot of weight on the people closest to these killers. Friends, family, co-workers.

Any behavior that needed addressing? Anyone even paying attention?

Anyone thinking “this dude should not have a weapon”?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Yup. Especially inside that Walmart.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Judging by his MO in every mass event thread on here, he gets off on it. Frankly, as one of the more turbo posters on here with high visibility across topics, it makes ATS look awful.

It absolutely made his day.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Reports now say "investigators" are swarming the shooter's house in Allen TX 😧

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Reports now say "investigators" are swarming the shooter's house in Allen TX 😧

Which is exactly what I would expect they would be doing as they try and understand this more.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan

Yup. Especially inside that Walmart.

I'm sure, an eternity!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

At least the economy is doing good!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

few other places on the net are comparing it to being an "incel" and that it could have to do with the newer generations feeling hopeless about their futures ,

Like why? I guess social media is driving all this...

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

so just so were clear you saying that if they can be medicated they have to be treated as the cause via mental illness? there is a difference between postpartum depression,general depression/anxiety and clinical anxiety and chronic depression just saying IE many flavors of depression and anxiety . i have bipolar(mostly handled with out medicine) ,occasional depression(not clinical mind you) and generalized anxiety disorder(the one that gives me the most problems in my life) i dont take any medication for them but thats mostly off on a tangent at this point. keep in mind the studies said less then a quarter even had diagonsies of mental illness and that others had experienced " stressors" of anxiety and or depression with out being diagnosed , say for example your anxious about a test or employee review at work? does that automatically make you have a mental illness? if your sad/ depressed that a parent/child died does that mean you automatically have depression or will it go away on its own with time like it works for bulk of the population?

the point of all the links i sent was that statistically the mentally ill population is not behind even 10% of violent crime ( i believe it was cited as them being responsible for 5% of all violent crime) but every one (the left right and center) like to put the blame on them as the easy scapegoat because they make an easy target to blame as most people are fearful of the mentally ill and no one wants to think of "normal people" doing these kinds of things

look at brevik from Norway he was described as a narcissist not a psychopath and when most people think of the "scary mental illnesses" they are thinking of either Schizoaffective disorder,Bipolar/Mania and to a lesser extent depression ,then there are the mass shooters who do it over ideology like say the pulse night club shooters who didnt exactly like gay people(of which being gay ironically used to be considered a mental illness) and brevik him self who was mostly politically motivated like say the New zeeland shooter was ,difference was Brevik planned it for YEARS

TLDR most of the research peer reviewed(fbi and scientists) or otherwise states that no the mentally ill aren't more prone to being violent then say the "normal" members of society and are statistically much more likely to be victims of violence then the perpetrators. and just as a side thought keep in mind how much diagnoses have changed over the years and will change in the coming years ie what was a mental illness 50 years ago is not considered one,and things in our current time that aren't yet considered mental illnesses could be considered ones in the future could skew potential results of studies

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

he is active military not reserve or retired i think according to twitter he is with the first armored division that is based in texas i think , so id assume a military member with a CCW is probably one of the safer individuals to be running around with a gun in the usa

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

I see. And I agree with you about everything which makes this confusing.

While I would still personally "praise" (or acknowledge or compliment) somebodies hard work, I sure as heck don't expect anybody else to.

I know for a fact that hard work can be offensive to other people, lol. And people who shine a little brighter than most can really trigger peoples crabby mentalities.

I've heard the complaints, "she's working too fast, it's making me look bad." Or "they're just showing off" and "asking for attention." Things like that in tones that let you know the people are deeply offended, exposing their own insecurities.

I understand it in the way that when somebody is faster than you, it can and probably will make you feel slow... and basically nobody likes feeling slow. So no, praise is not expected. Most people are not capable of it. And I wasn't raised that way either.

But also, being raised one way or another doesn't make it right or wrong either. It's just a different mental conditioning.

And would I prefer that we all get over ourselves so that we are able to celebrate one another? For the sake of progress, instead of treating them like black beauties, or accusing them of worse? Yes. I would prefer that very much.

And would I also prefer people to achieve their own private joy and celebrate their own lives and hard work as well, so that we can all just move along at our own speeds on our own separate individual paths? Yes a million times over. But again, people don't seem very capable of it. Heck, I struggle to find my own joy and god knows I struggled in my childhood... probably too much though. I would have preferred to struggle less probably.

Anyway it's getting late and I want you to know that I appreciate you and Ketsuko.

Thank you for the conversation.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I'm just saying that if you go in to your doctor complaining that you're depressed, you'll more than likely end up medicated for it.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
CNN saying FBI has opened a domestic terror investigation.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I'm just saying that if you go in to your doctor complaining that you're depressed, you'll more than likely end up medicated for it.

Why would it be that easy to get prescription meds????

What does the "doctor" get out of prescribing meds like candy?????

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think that's a two edged sword. It's not all on the doctor. People also think a pill will cure everything. I deeply appreciate our GP who tells us when we have a cold that it's a cold and no antibiotic is going to help with that. He always looks like he's ready to battle over it too, so clearly there are those patients who don't want to take no for an answer.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join