It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I appreciate you sharing your story here.

I think it's great you celebrated his hard work no matter what! And I think it's great how you encouraged him to work hard and achieve his goals. That alone is a reward, when we achieve the goals we set... it trains our brains into knowing that if we work at something, we can attain that thing. But you're also right that it isn't about winning all of the time and that there will be times when we fail, and there's never any guarantee of a public outside reward, that's the plain truth... but I do believe there should be a reward/celebration of progress. Lol, maybe I am a millennial and contradicting myself somehow. But any progress is good progress imo, no matter how slow or fast it is. And we're all allowed to look back and feel proud about how far we've come on our journeys.

Thanks again.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This Walmart has signs saying "gun free zone" πŸ˜ƒ

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

My point in sharing that is that I think a lot of people have lost the art of understanding how to celebrate progress when and why. I don't know where it went, but there are too many who are all or nothing or think the only validation that's worth anything is outside validation.

Maybe it's the loss of character training. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: D3M1G0D
Why is it that when it is a white killer, Republicans bring up the "Mental Health" issue? Guess what, mental health exists in every country and in every race, so show me the constant mass shooters that are anyone other than white that target INNOCENT people?

They have brought that up after every shooting 😎

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I heard him say he and another man grabbed kids and left. I don't know if he had a firearm in hand. He wasn't roaming the mall.

News reports said he had his weapon unholstered, which the police then confiscated.

I listened to him again and that is not what he said. He carried 3 kids and raised his hands to show the police he was not the shooter/etc. His sidearm was holstered.

Oh, he definitely pulled his firearm.

Oakley, who said he has a license to carry a firearm, pulled out his gun for protection.

Source

I don't know, maybe I'm way off here... but to pull your cc firearm and start snatching up random kids when you learn there's an active shooter situation going on nearby doesn't sound like a terribly effective way to deal with the situation to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

I too was the poster who said kids grow up today and adulthood hits them harder than previous generations. I think it has to do with not having to struggle as a child and learning those lessons at a young age rather than because they actually have a harder life.

If children today are misunderstanding it is because they are not being taught crucial life lessons early enough.

I honestly don't think anything is different today with some people getting it easier than it was in the 70s or 1900 or 1750. It is the nature of societies that some people will never get recognition for their life. Some people will get praise for the tiniest things. Some people have companies handed to them and some have parents who won't even save a dime for tech school.

I know you think people should get praise for hard work but that is what I and several others are saying is completely new to this generation. I didn't grow up thinking I was going to get praise for every little thing I did no matter how hard I worked. I certainly didn't think things I did would get celebrated. If I did get praise it was more often than not for legit reasons and not for feels or because everyone got praise.

This is a very important sociological distinction between ALL previous generations and the newest ones. Personally, I think this distinction is causing a lot of problems.

It was a a disservice bordering on abuse that this generation wasn't allowed to struggle as children.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

No it doesn't. All walmarts allow open or concealed carry. It's also Texas. Most of the people in there had guns. Didn't help.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Your emoji choices in your responses in this thread are bizarre and inappropriate.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There has been a lot of angry white shooters lately of white nationalists who may have been encouraged by a certain leader.

This is going to get very, very ugly if it hasn't already.

God help us

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The problem with the fix that the right has for mass shootings is that they assume every armed citizen will not panic amongst all the chaos and accidentally shoot an innocent civilian.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There has been a lot of angry white shooters lately of white nationalists who may have been encouraged by a certain leader.

God help us

You got that straight from CNN I bet..

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego
If you've got a death toll of 20 or so that automatically means more than one shooter.

Um..why? that makes no sense!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

originally posted by: Willtell

God help us

You got that straight from CNN I bet..

I'm sure he's changed the default setting from "hourly" to "15 minute" downloads in the "talking points" section.

link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

No it doesn't. All walmarts allow open or concealed carry. It's also Texas. Most of the people in there had guns. Didn't help.

Yeah, I noticed the distinct lack of people commenting on that little detail.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes. I believe that is exactly what I'm trying to say as well.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Especially when the shooter uses words such as "invasion" and other key words that have come from Trump. Trump likes to paint the brown "Immigrant" population as an "Existential Threat" to American society that must be stopped.

Here Are All the Times Donald Trump Insulted Mexico

edit on 3-8-2019 by D3M1G0D because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2019 by D3M1G0D because: Trump has targeted all immigrants but usually brown immigrants

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I don't know, maybe I'm way off here... but to pull your cc firearm and start snatching up random kids when you learn there's an active shooter situation going on nearby doesn't sound like a terribly effective way to deal with the situation to me.

Well, he's active military, and he said his programming just kicked in. I can see it. Apparently the cops saw it too, because he's still alive, and he's black, to boot!

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

Your emoji choices in your responses in this thread are bizarre and inappropriate.

And REALLY disrespectful to the dead.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Reports say the "shooter" was "apprehended" 2 blocks away from the shooting site !!!

And, some pics coming out of 2 different "shooters" πŸ₯ΆπŸ’«

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: amagyar
So you guys really buy this bs? When was a shooting 2 weeks ago, i told to my friend, just wait, they will pull a bigger "event" because this wasn't big enough to "hear" It will be in a republican state this time, 2-3 shooters ( in first report) 15-20 dead, and will turn out "again" lonely shooter. It is a False Flag, it is bs, everybody posted on twitter several shooter, the media come up with 1 blurry photo when he entered lol. Lot's of cameras recorded when police told them to leave, but not a single record, or photo of, blood, dead people, or the shooting. Great job democrats, how the hell are they capable to organize an event like this? How many people involved in these events. Are you guys honestly believe these mass shootings are real lol?

That's just idiotic.

I saw on YouTube a few minutes ago a video taken by some guy in the parking lot. It shows multiple dead bodies, oceans of blood around them. He's kind of running around the parking lot, shaky, and he goes over to a group of people where there are several people down, and people are there frantically checking pulses, yelling for help, etc, and you see see several bodies that are likely dead, drowning in their own blood.

Are you going to tell me that was a staged video? You're insane, if that is your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join