It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active shooter at Walmart in El Paso, TX

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
C'mon people.... I am old (61) and to me it is obvious:

You have had children for decades being pumped full of crap we used to pay money for, to get high.

This is a huge part of this problem. IMO You put crap into a young developing mind and then act surprised when they go and do bat crap crazy stuff.

Just stating my opinion, not tying to change the subject,,, carry on.

edit on R362019-08-03T20:36:15-05:00k368Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: starviego

There were 3000 people at that Walmart they just said on the news. The average Super Walmart is 200,000 sq ft.

This was a big weekend for back to school shopping and many Border Mexicans shop in El Paso and send their kids to El Paso schools so would be shopping for their childrens school supplies list which Walmart has hanging for shoppers.

Yeah, not hard at all to hit 50 people in those circumstances. He also shot in the parking lot and at least one in the door way.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Reports say the "shooter" was "apprehended" 2 blocks away from the shooting site !!!

And, some pics coming out of 2 different "shooters" 🥶💫

Okay?

link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I heard him say he and another man grabbed kids and left. I don't know if he had a firearm in hand. He wasn't roaming the mall.

News reports said he had his weapon unholstered, which the police then confiscated.

I listened to him again and that is not what he said. He carried 3 kids and raised his hands to show the police he was not the shooter/etc. His sidearm was holstered.

Oh, he definitely pulled his firearm.

Oakley, who said he has a license to carry a firearm, pulled out his gun for protection.

Source

I don't know, maybe I'm way off here... but to pull your cc firearm and start snatching up random kids when you learn there's an active shooter situation going on nearby doesn't sound like a terribly effective way to deal with the situation to me.

Until the active shooter turns the corner. Then it’s extremely effective. A GI knows that if runs into LE he’s complying with any instruction given. LE in most cases tend not to fire first then scream “freeze”. DC Metro... not so much.

link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: starviego
If you've got a death toll of 20 or so that automatically means more than one shooter.

Um..why? that makes no sense!

I speak as an ex-military, with extensive training on the M-16. Real life ain't the same as some action-adventure Hollywood production.

If you want to hit that many people in a crowded place, you need to get a sawed-off shotgun. That MIGHT do the trick.
edit on 3-8-2019 by starviego because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-8-2019 by starviego because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
C'mon people.... I am old (61) and to me it is obvious:

You have had children for decades being pumped full of crap we used to pay money for, to get high.

This is a huge part of this problem. IMO You put crap into a young developing mind and then act surprised when they go and do bat crap crazy stuff.

Isn't the rate of drugs prescribed to people ridiculously high? Isn't it something like 40 percent of the US population are on anti-depressants or something.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

No! This can't be. Where did you see this?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Did that Gang shooting take place in a WalMart that had basically people lined up in rows?
Was that gang shooting with the same weapon?

Some people just freeze when they are confronted by an active shooter, but many others quickly move around. It's not easy to achieve such a high hit-on-target rate. If he's firing high powered bullets, the impact on his hand and arm will begin to tell pretty quickly. Control becomes harder, with shots going into the ceiling, the floor, and other unintended places.

Like I sez, if this was just one guy, you're looking at someone with professional training and plenty of practice.

That is all well and good but none of that answers the two questions I asked you.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
There has been a lot of angry white shooters lately of white nationalists who may have been encouraged by a certain leader.

This is going to get very, very ugly if it hasn't already.

God help us

You're kidding...right??? This white nationalist crap is crap...this kid (as "kids" are anymore...and they stay kids til they're pretty much in their 30s) probably doesn't even know the meaning of the term. (Not sure I do. I am against unlimited immigrations...I am against illegal immigrants getting free health care and education and a free pass while veterans sleep in the streets and get their benefits slashed...doesn't make me a "white nationalist"...makes me an American citizen who is getting really pissed off at the progressive policies that are digging the divide deep).

Look at mass shootings, then look at the administration in "power" when they happened. Republican, democrat...makes no difference. We are looking at the byproducts of a morally sick society. No individual that opens fire on a group of innocent shoppers is mentally WELL. We need to address a lot of things in this country...and it starts at the basic level...the individual, the family, the community, the state and the nation.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

If you've got a death toll of 20 or so that automatically means more than one shooter.

I speak as an ex-military, with extensive training on the M-16. Real life ain't the same as some action-adventure Hollywood production.

If you want to hit that many people, you need to get a sawed-off shotgun. That MIGHT do the trick.

Wow.......

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

If you want to hit that many people, you need to get a sawed-off shotgun. That MIGHT do the trick.

Watching a LAPD chase on live TV. The suspect pulls into a fast food joint. 3 cop cars pull in behind him. Gunfire exchanged (helicopter news right on top of it) and you can see clearly rounds being fired police hitting the pavement and missing wildly. They got him but 4 cops rapid firing in a protected position behind car doors and the accuracy was for crap.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I don't know how many would have had guns in this Walmart on this day. It was a lot of back to school shoppers and even Boarder shoppers who certainly wouldn't have had a gun.

Might be why he chose this Walmart.

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: LordAhriman

This Walmart has signs saying "gun free zone" 😃

No it doesn't. All walmarts allow open or concealed carry. It's also Texas. Most of the people in there had guns. Didn't help.

Yeah, I noticed the distinct lack of people commenting on that little detail.

It was ignored when it was pointed out with the Sutherland Springs church shooting in TX a while back, too.

link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: LordAhriman

This Walmart has signs saying "gun free zone" 😃

No it doesn't. All walmarts allow open or concealed carry. It's also Texas. Most of the people in there had guns. Didn't help.

Yeah, I noticed the distinct lack of people commenting on that little detail.

I suspect, unless a person has had some decent training, on just that type of situation, they would run in a panic like most others, or do worse and start popping off wildly, hitting bystanders.

There has been occasions where an armed person has stopped this kind of thing, but I'm guessing it's rare.

link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan

Watching a LAPD chase on live TV. The suspect pulls into a fast food joint. 3 cop cars pull in behind him. Gunfire exchanged (helicopter news right on top of it) and you can see clearly rounds being fired police hitting the pavement and missing wildly. They got him but 4 cops rapid firing in a protected position behind car doors and the accuracy was for crap.

Accuracy is different......when you are actually taking return fire...

Walking into a walmart with a bunch of untrained, unarmed civilians is NOT the same as a gun fight were you are both shooting and actively taking return fire.

Jesus.......

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

See, that's real life, not some movie or TV show, which is where most people get their idea of what gunfire is like.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Of course it’s not. Walmart are fish in a barrel. My point was supporting TV/Movie shootouts and real life.

Personally I’m surprised Vegas shooter managed only 58 in that firing position and the sheer volume of people in condensed area and weapons at his disposal.
edit on 3-8-2019 by PilSungMtnMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

See, that's real life, not some movie or TV show, which is where most people get their idea of what gunfire is like.

Except its noting at all compared to what takes place in a WalMart where no one is shooting back at you and people are in nice rows.

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I read there were 3000 shoppers?

posted on Aug, 3 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Did you "pwN t3h l1bz" today with your emojis, xuenchen? Was today a win for you? This is the guy that this site loves. People get their head blown off while they're grocery shopping, and this dude racks up the stars whilst mocking the victims. Add a vape gif, bro. You'll get more stars.

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join