It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel new show heads up called "Contact" to debut.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091 It is being shown tonight at 9 EST on the Science network

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As entertaining as some of these new shows can be, the 'Entertainment' factor does seem to suffocate whatever nuggets of potentially fascinating material that may be lurking within on occasion.

It's fascinating how much more genuinely informative and 'adult' UFO documentaries were in the 20th century compared to the 21st. The 'dumbing-down' arguably increased with each passing decade.

I recommend visiting our own Isaac Koi's YouTube Channel for a collection of the best examples throughout the years, dating back to the 1950s and onwards.

PS: What is remarkable is how little the mystery has moved on in 70 years; in other words, the older documentaries remain as relevant today as at the time of their production. And could still hold important clues to help us in the current climate.

edit on 15-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Yes indeed. I think Discovery owns the Science Channel, so they are showing it too. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

did you catch the 2nd episode of "Contact" yet?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Does the building with the TV/monitor screens and where the computer searches take place seem like a "set" to anyone else, or is it just me?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: snaplink

it very well could be, when I think about it. Will try to pay extra attention for the next episode or if I re watch the 2nd episode.

posted on Aug, 19 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Episode 3 is called " Deep State" on Wed. night.

From the website, " Nick and Sarah look at ancient evidence of human contact with aliens. South America's most perplexing military encounter, and Paul and Kawa track down an eyewitness, and the unexpected presence of NASA." I will be watching......

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   
is anyone else watching this show besides me?

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Ive been keeping up with it, if im being honest though, i can take or leave it. Im still of the thought that its heading in an ancient alien theory direction, as ive said before.

I like the different approach theyre taking but im not expecting anything,other than, maybe, a few stories im not familiar with...... so we'll see.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
is anyone else watching this show besides me?

Don't worry, I'll be catching up soon, data. Real life events took precedence the past few weeks, but I seem to be settling and focusing again, so 'Contact' may be just the tonic for some relaxing, distracting entertainment.

I don't expect any earth-shattering revelations, of course, but these shows can be like irresistible UFO fast-food, lol.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

I can somewhat see why you feel that way, but I think that is just one aspect. I think part of the team is just looking for ties to possible alien visits with human contact from a long time back, but I don't think that will be the whole focus. Will see.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

welcome back. Completely understand about "life events." Hope all turns out well for you.
Looking forward to the new episode tonight. The trailer looked great, esp. a ufo video from Chile I think.

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I have seen these "Contact" programs a few years ago, under a different "MUFON" production. I do not know what it was called, but these are all part of that show. Interesting and memorable.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I have seen the first three episodes. Unidentified is pretty dull compared to Contact. The threat narrative is here too but as I see Contact is pushing heavily the grey alien theory. Interesting. And as always: a lot of cia, intelligence guys. In ep 3 the grey alien (mayan artwork?) was really interesting but is it a legit mayan statue?

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornissa

there are many artists that make alien themed items and sell to westerners in south america. Thats probably what that was.And if indeed it was it speaks volumes of the show

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: IMSAM

My toughts exactly. One of the field researcher said: "We cannot verify the validity of these statues". Why not? Because all of then is a hoax.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Thoroughly enjoyed the 3rd episode. Extremely interesting, and entertaining. The overall theme I would say was Chilean ufo's and any ties to volcanoes. The first segment was of the two team members who went into a cave outside a small city in Mexico where they found many interesting pictographs on the cave walls. Some of the statues they looked at which resembled some cave drawings were interesting.

The next segment took place in Chile, and it was an interview with two highly credible in my opinion, sighters. The on man described being woke up at 2:00am by incredible light, then seeing a ufo which hovered over the lake for a time before taking off, and supposedly with possibly 2 billion gallons of water. The witness said after the ufo took off the water level in the lake dropped. Another witness in another lake in Chile saw something that was very much like first sighting.

Chile has had many many high profile sightings for a long period of time. The other team members pulled up one very interesting ufo video, that I have never seen anything like before, myself anyway. The ufo moves to the left and hovers near the volcano, before moving to the right of the screen in the blink of an eye. Incredible.

They also talked to some Chilean officials about a particular sighting that was talked about in last week's episode. The was the plume incident with a ufo in the sky. This was the video where this Chilean committee who looks into ufo's came to the conclusion that this ufo was "not terrestrial."

This is the Chilean ufo plume article, from a couple of years ago Huffington Post.

Pretty incredible sightings down there in Chile. Definitely a world hotspot.

Chilean ufo and plume video:

Unfortunately, the video isn't long enough to see the plume emitted, but this is the same ufo referenced.

Really good program I thought!

edit on 22pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Yeah, i agree, last nights was Interesting. The jade 'alien looking' artefact was quite a turn, they really need those looking into more. I understand they couldnt be verified as genuine or their background is a little questionable but id look into those further.

The lakes draining is probably geological, the ufo connection, although theyve been spotted very local and above the lake, i think is a little thin. The major did say hed witnessed a craft taking water but.... A whole lake?? .... Nasa's interest will be nothing nefarious, theyre just looking further into whats goin on there, i dont believe they think its 'aliens' or thats why theyre there.

So its keeping me interested....... For now.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

that was my take on the missing water from the lake after ufo seen as well. I knew with volcanoes in the area, chances were probably good, the reason was geological. But appreciate the ufo's and all of their interests in volcanoes as well. Earthquakes and volcanoes and military weaponry, are very tempting to ufo's....it has my interest.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

What i find Interesting is the reports of UFOs in that area as a whole. A lot of ancient south american cultures had belief in 'sky gods' and things alike, if these sightings now are even just a portion of what they experienced, to cause that belief, then what the hell was goin on then and what are they.

Some of the best reports do come from these areas and are recorded through history, almost as folklore, youve got to wonder how much the ancients knew. Are their beliefs based on poor interpretation of mundane events or was their interaction with these beings/visitors far more than we understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join