It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel new show heads up called "Contact" to debut.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091 It is being shown tonight at 9 EST on the Science network

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
As entertaining as some of these new shows can be, the 'Entertainment' factor does seem to suffocate whatever nuggets of potentially fascinating material that may be lurking within on occasion.

It's fascinating how much more genuinely informative and 'adult' UFO documentaries were in the 20th century compared to the 21st. The 'dumbing-down' arguably increased with each passing decade.

I recommend visiting our own Isaac Koi's YouTube Channel for a collection of the best examples throughout the years, dating back to the 1950s and onwards.

PS: What is remarkable is how little the mystery has moved on in 70 years; in other words, the older documentaries remain as relevant today as at the time of their production. And could still hold important clues to help us in the current climate.

edit on 15-8-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: justdust

Yes indeed. I think Discovery owns the Science Channel, so they are showing it too. Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

did you catch the 2nd episode of "Contact" yet?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Does the building with the TV/monitor screens and where the computer searches take place seem like a "set" to anyone else, or is it just me?

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: snaplink

it very well could be, when I think about it. Will try to pay extra attention for the next episode or if I re watch the 2nd episode.

<< 1  2   >>

join