It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel new show heads up called "Contact" to debut.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I have been watching some Science Channel shows this afternoon and been seeing a TON of commercials for some new show they will debut called " Contact" on Thursday night Aug. 8th. I have looked high and low all over their website, and looked via google for/ with anything related, but to no avail yet......the show has a team of former CIA Investigators which one can guess will go over the latest military ufo evidence that has been released recently, and they showed a video of the famous tic tac sightings while the investigators were going over the video. So ufo's and shows, seem to be very, very, hot right now, just ask the History and Travel Channel as there are a number of new shows that have debuted there, the past 1-2 years. First time the Science Channel has done anything like this that I know of. They have had quite a bit of ufo related material from years past on their really good, " Nasa's Unidentified Files". As the debut time of Aug. 8th, draws near, if I am able to find anything more out about the series, I will post it. From the commercial for the show it did remind me of " Unidentified", so will see if can distinguish itself from that show.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I will make a note of this. Sounds very riveting and interesting. Kind of telling thatmthe Science Channel is doing this one. I'm so glad all of these series are coming out.

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The recent and unprecedented push by the MSM for all things UFO and especially TTSA-related is best explained by the intelligence community taking over the narrative.

The "why" is certainly open to interpretation but there's not much room to argue that public sentiment is being "massaged."

The CIA & Hollywood is an old partnership as is its relationship with the mockingbird media. And lo and behold their assets are even in "starring" roles in these ufological psyops. Here's just a bit about past involvement.

Luraschi's activities were merely the tip of the iceberg. Graham Greene, for example, disowned the 1958 adapatation of his Vietnam-set novel The Quiet American, describing it as a "propaganda film for America". In the title role, Audie Murphy played not Greene's dangerously ambiguous figure - whose belief in the justice of American foreign policy allows him to ignore the appalling consequences of his actions - but a simple hero.

The cynical British journalist, played by Michael Redgrave, is instead the man whose moral compass has gone awry. Greene's American had been based in part on the legendary CIA operative in Vietnam, Colonel Edward Lansdale. How apt, then, that it should have been Lansdale who persuaded director Joseph Mankewiecz to change the script to suit his own ends.

The CIA didn't just offer guidance to film-makers, however. It even offered money. In 1950, the agency bought the rights to George Orwell's Animal Farm, and then funded the 1954 British animated version of the film. Its involvement had long been rumoured, but only in the past decade have those rumours been substantiated, and the tale of the CIA's role told in Daniel Leab's book Orwell Subverted.

An offer they couldn't refuse

edit on 21-7-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
The recent and unprecedented push by the MSM for all things UFO and especially TTSA-related is best explained by the intelligence community taking over the narrative.

The "why" is certainly open to interpretation but there's not much room to argue that public sentiment is being "massaged."

The CIA & Hollywood is an old partnership as is its relationship with the mockingbird media. And lo and behold their assets are even in "starring" roles in these ufological psyops. Here's just a bit about past involvement.

Luraschi's activities were merely the tip of the iceberg. Graham Greene, for example, disowned the 1958 adapatation of his Vietnam-set novel The Quiet American, describing it as a "propaganda film for America". In the title role, Audie Murphy played not Greene's dangerously ambiguous figure - whose belief in the justice of American foreign policy allows him to ignore the appalling consequences of his actions - but a simple hero.

The cynical British journalist, played by Michael Redgrave, is instead the man whose moral compass has gone awry. Greene's American had been based in part on the legendary CIA operative in Vietnam, Colonel Edward Lansdale. How apt, then, that it should have been Lansdale who persuaded director Joseph Mankewiecz to change the script to suit his own ends.

The CIA didn't just offer guidance to film-makers, however. It even offered money. In 1950, the agency bought the rights to George Orwell's Animal Farm, and then funded the 1954 British animated version of the film. Its involvement had long been rumoured, but only in the past decade have those rumours been substantiated, and the tale of the CIA's role told in Daniel Leab's book Orwell Subverted.

Just thought people might want to read this again/quoted for truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

The CIA is scared, just like their operatives that swarm this board.
Horus Sun Flesh

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks, Data, for the heads-up.

originally posted by: rej33083
The CIA is scared, just like their operatives that swarm this board.

Just as well, then, that we're not scared.

PS: It's been a while since I saw the original film adaption of Greene's book, and I'm more familiar with Philip Noyce's 2002 adaption starring Michael Caine - which does stick to the remarkably prescient source material. It was labelled "unpatriotic" but at least it stood its ground.

I may watch both versions again back-to-back to gauge the glaring differences in pre and post-Vietnam eras.

edit on 22-7-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It has been proven that the so called tic-tacs are nothing more than exhaust from the engines of another aircraft. Perspective makes it appear to be moving very fast. Otherwise I would consider it a hoax. The signatures were very hot because the camera was set to infrared and being looked at by rookie pilots.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Really? Do you have the info about this????? This is big news to me if true. Not heard a thing about this.

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I read an analysis of the videos but can't find it. Don't let me ruin the mystery for everyone. IMO, its all a bunch of hype brought on by the UFO gurus and media. All someone has to do is mention the military and selected three letter agencies, which makes it all credible.
edit on 22-7-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

My guess would be the old, "we won't say outright that these things are our insanely advanced aircraft, but if you foreign nations want to think that, we're not going to dissuade you."

posted on Jul, 26 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Good work Data

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

thank you. Still trying to find more info on this show. Very slow forth coming I must say.

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
eManym:

It has been proven that the so called tic-tacs are nothing more than exhaust from the engines of another aircraft. Perspective makes it appear to be moving very fast. Otherwise I would consider it a hoax. The signatures were very hot because the camera was set to infrared and being looked at by rookie pilots.

eManym:

I read an analysis of the videos but can't find it.

LOL! Brilliant! Just brilliant! I take it we are to take your assumption at face value? Perhaps, we should not engage our own faculty of discernment against your postings, and just accept what you say?

Who did the analysis? Are they credible and do they have a credible history. Are they agenda-driven and what is their agenda?

Why can you not find the analysis? Why mention something you cannot support with evidence? I am sure you appreciate how your posts make you look like an idiot!

www.thefutoncritic.com... 90722discovery01/
edit on 27/7/19 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

The analysis is below...Brilliant Analysis

posted on Jul, 27 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Also Brilliant Gimbal analysis

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
new show debuts on Thursday evening this week! Science Channel is advertising it HEAVILY on the network but still little available in their website, in fact nothing available still just days before it debuts. I was able to pull up what the first show is going to be about on Thursday night however. Says using cutting edge technology a team of former C.I.A. members will look to see if et's have made contact with earth and if there is a global conspiracy to cover this up. I have seen a trailer where team members are looking at the famous tic tact video and one member announces " this could be extraterrestrials in our skies." So I am looking forward to it.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Does it end with actual contact from an otherwordly or extradimensional species. Because that would be a good season ending cliffhanger.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I have no reason to lie. I did see an analysis of the video which showed the tic tacs were exhaust from other jets in the area in infrared. I couldn't find the article on the analysis. Maybe it was taken down. I am not a liar.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

I have no reason to lie. I did see an analysis of the video which showed the tic tacs were exhaust from other jets in the area in infrared. I couldn't find the article on the analysis. Maybe it was taken down. I am not a liar.

But how does that explain the witnesses who saw the things with their very own eyeballs, and not through an IR scope?

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I did not see any non IR images. Please provide a link.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join