It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel new show heads up called "Contact" to debut.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Catch_a_Fire

agree with everything you said.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

in the trailers for next weeks show, looks like they have a segment on the infamous Phoenix Lights. I recognized Dr. Kitei being interviewed.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Yeah, maybe we'll get a bit more than the Ohare airport report!! ...... I really hoped theyd spend more time on that one. The phoenix lights should get worthy coverage also, plenty of witness', home video footage and media attention. Ill be interested to see their interpretation.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I know, right? I was really disappointed in just the mention of the O'Hare sighting, was hoping for MUCH more.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Sounds like another endless rehash of the same old dead end stories with nothing particularly new to add. There was a show on a couple of years ago, and I don't remember the name, which actually had some good accounts with fairly good CGI of little-known sightings and encounters around the world.

Unlike most UFO shows, it didn't bore me to tears or irritate me with the same old bad information or conjecture. I should look around to see what it was and if it can be streamed somewhere.

I've gotten persnickety in my old age about UFO shows, since I've seen so many bad ones.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I think youve hit the nail on the head, theres been nothing we havent seen before, for a long long time. The short 30 mins tic-tac documentary was done well, it was clearly presented and informant enough, but anybody with an interest knew that story inside out already.

At least these are looking for different connections, thats whats keeping my interest. Nothing new but a different take.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Watched the first episode and...

*meh*

Chilean UFOs was OK. But the lame “drama” on build up to the “... to be continued”, has been done to death in “reality TV”. Walking around a wooded area an call it jungle with a camera crew... yeah... pretty sure that they will find nothing just in time for season 2.

Me, I would rather watch fiction while knowing that it is fiction like Project Blue Book.

I think I will watch if on but not go out of my way to watch.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Me, I would rather watch fiction while knowing that it is fiction like Project Blue Book.

Yes, after the initial shock to the system regarding HOW fictionalised PBB really was, I could suddenly settle down and enjoy it properly for what it was. Even if the wife/Russian spy sub-plot was a momentum killer.

PS: After reading many of your posts, I finally realised what your name is an acronym for - ie, the REM song - sorry for being such a bloody slowcoach on the uptake!

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Hehehe! No problems... being a confused Brit and all!

The PBB is loosely based on the real deal PBB which when all is said and done still had sightings they could not explain away! Watching the fictional change from skeptic to believer is a decent story in and of itself!

Rehashed UFO Hunters... not so much.

posted on Aug, 23 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

The PBB is loosely based on the real deal PBB which when all is said and done still had sightings they could not explain away! Watching the fictional change from skeptic to believer is a decent story in and of itself!

Yeah, I'm wondering (if the show has the requisite ratings for constant renewal) how they'll cover Hynek's post-1969 exploits and gradual evolution from sceptic to believer, but I think I'm being naive that such a thought ever occurred or will occur to the producers. Considering how they dragged (as well as misrepresented) the Hills' case back in time to the early 50s from the early 60s, I fully expect the entire series to be set in the 1950s, regardless of the real timeline.

Which is fine and dandy for me; it's pursuing its own alternative history after all.

(PS: Sorry to the OP for derailing the thread slightly.)

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

don't know about constant renewal but they are coming back for a second so far.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Watched the last episode and it was great! Can't wait until next weeks episode.

This is how modern Ufology should be looked at. There's so much data out there, it's time to stop debating pseudoskeptics and time to start making meaningful links in the data.

Think about all the close encounters, abductions, ancient paintings, cave paintings and literature, eyewitness accounts from Police, Military and more, trace evidence, scientific discoveries and more.

You have so much data and with the latest link analysis software, you can make meaningful connections in the data which can lead to new insights. Imagine if all of these places that look into Ufology had the same link analysis software. They could really work together and link so much data.

posted on Aug, 24 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I too am still liking this new program. Looking ahead to next weeks episode it's called " The Real Men in Black". Paul and Kawa investigate a ufo crash site in Argentina, and eye witness accounts of men in black. Sarah and Nick track a pattern of low altitude ufo's in Phoenix and a 1947 crash with secretive connections to Roswell it says on my tv guide.

edit on 24pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   

new show tonight alert. Looking forward to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Ok, so the 1947 sightings, that happened on the same day as roswell were new to me. Id never even heard that one before, the pics were quite an eyeopener although i have a feeling they could of been 'black' projects and thats what the interest from the air force was.

The phoenix lights was covered ok but nothing new was revealed, im glad they showed the governors later comments saying he actually saw a huge craft himself that night. A lot of people familiar with the story may of never caught those comments.

I know a lot of people will turn away just at the appearance of doty, so im hoping hes not gonna be used as a 'regular'.

It was an ok episode

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

going to watch the show later, thanks for your take. I recall the former Gov. of Arizona, Symington I think was his name, who at first seemed to make a mockery of the Phoenix LIghts sighting by parading someone in an alien costume into a press room. And then later, admitting he too saw something......any interesting info on the "men in black" at all? Will watch and post in a bit.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I did enjoy this episode. AS you pointed out nothing new on the Phoenix Lights, though still of interest though at least to me, as there have been so many sightings in Arizona and New Mexico over the past many decades. But the aspect of the show about the other crash in the Phoenix area, was news to me too! Had not heard of that one. Nor had I heard about the one in Argentina they were just starting to get into before the show ran out. I look forward to hearing more about that one in next weeks episode. The only disappointment was the minimal subject matter of the infamous Men in Black. Just a mention and that was it. The show does have a "UFO Hunters" feel for it, which I really like.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
The phoenix lights was covered ok but nothing new was revealed, im glad they showed the governors later comments saying he actually saw a huge craft himself that night. A lot of people familiar with the story may of never caught those comments.
''''
It was an ok episode

If they gave any credibility to the governor's contrived publicity stunt, they showed their true standards....

badufos.blogspot.com...
Robert Sheaffer:
"I reminded Fox that Symington claimed to have seen news coverage of the lights on TV, then went outside to look. He says he walked down to where the news crews had been filming the lights (the flare drop), and then saw the V-shape fly over, big and mysterious. However, there was no news coverage of the sightings before the planes landed about 8:45, and there could have been nobody filming the "lights" prior to 10:00, because the flares had not yet been dropped. Therefore Symington's claimed sighting occurred after 10:00, probably well after, and hence is an obvious fabrication. "No, he saw it at 8:20. It was 8:20," Fox insisted. "How could he have seen news coverage of this by 8:20?", I asked. "Maybe he heard chatter on the radio or something," Fox said. "How could there have been news crews filming this by 8:20?", I asked? Fox was having no more of this conversation. "Why would Symington have made this up?", another man asked me. "Because of the news coverage it gave him, and feature stories in which he talks about his new business ventures. It would have cost a lot to buy the publicity he got for free by claiming a UFO sighting.""

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg

originally posted by: Catch_a_Fire
''''
It was an ok episode

If they gave any credibility to the governor's contrived publicity stunt, they showed their true standards....

badufos.blogspot.com...
Robert Sheaffer:
"I reminded Fox that Symington claimed to have seen news coverage of the lights on TV, then went outside to look. He says he walked down to where the news crews had been filming the lights (the flare drop), and then saw the V-shape fly over, big and mysterious. However, there was no news coverage of the sightings before the planes landed about 8:45, and there could have been nobody filming the "lights" prior to 10:00, because the flares had not yet been dropped. Therefore Symington's claimed sighting occurred after 10:00, probably well after, and hence is an obvious fabrication. "No, he saw it at 8:20. It was 8:20," Fox insisted. "How could he have seen news coverage of this by 8:20?", I asked. "Maybe he heard chatter on the radio or something," Fox said. "How could there have been news crews filming this by 8:20?", I asked? Fox was having no more of this conversation. "Why would Symington have made this up?", another man asked me. "Because of the news coverage it gave him, and feature stories in which he talks about his new business ventures. It would have cost a lot to buy the publicity he got for free by claiming a UFO sighting.""

I find this fascination with questionable events by those that do not want to accept the true explanations to be one of the main problems in UFOlogy. Those who support a UFO explanation for the Phoenix flares probably accept the fictional UFO crash at Roswell as also real. Why those individuals prefer a fantasy explanation to the truth is troubling because they don't seem to be interested in facts and generate discord in the forums because they hold fast to their mental distortions. The Phoenix flares have captured their imaginations with a misguided force.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Hunkadinka because: To correct grammar.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Hunkadinka because: Add material.

posted on Aug, 29 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I did enjoy this episode. AS you pointed out nothing new on the Phoenix Lights, though still of interest though at least to me, as there have been so many sightings in Arizona and New Mexico over the past many decades. But the aspect of the show about the other crash in the Phoenix area, was news to me too! Had not heard of that one. Nor had I heard about the one in Argentina they were just starting to get into before the show ran out. I look forward to hearing more about that one in next weeks episode. The only disappointment was the minimal subject matter of the infamous Men in Black. Just a mention and that was it. The show does have a "UFO Hunters" feel for it, which I really like.

" The only disappointment was the minimal subject matter of the infamous Men in Black. Just a mention and that was it." That's all the subject is worth. Why are you disappointed when you can find out everything about the MIB on the Internet?They are just another human creation. The show cannot provide anymore than is known and they will never include the truth as found at Wikipedia:

Ufologists
Men in black figure prominently in ufology and UFO folklore. In the 1950s and 1960s, UFOlogists adopted a conspiratorial mindset and began to fear they would be subject to organized intimidation in retaliation for discovering "the truth of the UFOs".[3]

In 1947, Harold Dahl claimed to have been warned not to talk about his alleged UFO sighting on Maury Island by a man in a dark suit. In the mid-1950s, the ufologist Albert K. Bender claimed he was visited by men in dark suits who threatened and warned him not to continue investigating UFOs. Bender maintained that the men in black were secret government agents who had been given the task of suppressing evidence of UFOs. The ufologist John Keel claimed to have had encounters with men in black and referred to them as "demonic supernaturals" with "dark skin and/or 'exotic' facial features". According to the ufologist Jerome Clark, reports of men in black represent "experiences" that "don't seem to have occurred in the world of consensus reality".[4]

Historian Aaron Gulyas wrote, "during the 1970s, 1980s, and 1990s, UFO conspiracy theorists would incorporate the Men in Black into their increasingly complex and paranoid visions".[3]

In his article, "Gray Barker: My Friend, the Myth-Maker," John C. Sherwood claims that, in the late 1960s, at the age of 18, he cooperated when Gray Barker urged him to develop a hoax—which Barker subsequently published—about what Barker called "blackmen", three mysterious UFO inhabitants who silenced Sherwood's pseudonymous identity, "Dr. Richard H. Pratt".[5]

"The show does have a "UFO Hunters" feel for it, which I really like.:cheers"

Actually, both shows suck.

edit on 29-8-2019 by Hunkadinka because: To correct grammar.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join