It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science channel new show heads up called "Contact" to debut.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Also, it puzzles me how a rock musician could obtain information that is presumed to be of a very sensitive nature. IMO, its a money grab by retired government employees looking to boost their retirement income.

Disclosing classified information would relinquish them of their benefits and time in a federal prison.

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Here are some links:

The 2004 USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO Incident - Video analysis

“Tic Tac UFO” Document Dissected - Analysis of the Analysis

2004 USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO FLIR footage (FLIR1)

If you expect me to provide a summary, not gonna happen. I don't plagiarizer other peoples work. The analysis I originally posted about has been taken down for some reason.

IMO, this whole disinfo campaign is for the Pentagon to justify the 22 million in funding it receives for UFO research.

If interested read the information in the links. Otherwise enjoy your show on the Science Channel.
edit on 5-8-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-8-2019 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

The guy in the video on page 1 presents a good summary about the reasons the tic tac couldn't be an airplane or exhaust due to the angles and movements the object flies in. I definitely don't think you're a liar, we've got the videos and evidence presented on both sides so we can choose which one we find the most believable.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: eManym

The guy in the video on page 1 presents a good summary about the reasons the tic tac couldn't be an airplane or exhaust due to the angles and movements the object flies in. I definitely don't think you're a liar, we've got the videos and evidence presented on both sides so we can choose which one we find the most believable.

Yes, and add to that we have 5 current active duty fighter pilots who went before Congress and discussed this very event and other similar events in closed door meetings. What many here are unaware of is this event was not a single event but was in fact a series of multiple encounters experienced by more than 100 active duty fighter pilots over a 6 month time frame in both US airspace and classified airspace in the Middle East.

Funny how none of the deniers want to acknowledge this vital piece of information.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 1point92AU

"What many here are unaware of is this event was not a single event but was in fact a series of multiple encounters experienced by more than 100 active duty fighter pilots over a 6 month time frame in both US airspace and classified airspace in the Middle East. "

You nailed it!

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"It has been proven that the so called tic-tacs are nothing more than exhaust from the engines of another aircraft."

Well that is a lie right there.

"Perspective makes it appear to be moving very fast."

That too is a lie.

"and being looked at by rookie pilots."

Another lie.

Sounds like someone is lying to themselves.

Or maybe they are just in it for the money, that government paycheck they get to pretend aliens do not exist.

posted on Aug, 6 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
I did not see any non IR images. Please provide a link.

Start watching around the 22:00 minute mark, although there are some pilot visual sightings dramatized prior to that. Eyeballs. Not IR. Pretty hard to explain away as exhaust.

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ok, I finally found some info on "Contact". It actually debuts tonight on the Discovery Channel which came as news to me, probably because I don't watch it much, but it will be shown again tomorrow night ( Thurs.) on the Science Channel, so here we go:

Debut of new show "Contact" tonight on Discovery Channel

Led by former CIA Targeting Officer, Myke Cole and Conflict Analyst Dr. Michael Livingston PhD, and featuring renowned astrophysicist and international space journalist, Sarah Cruddas, former USMC Special Ops Intel Officer, Nick Karnaze, Award-winning investigative journalist Paul Beban and former Green Beret Intelligence Sergeant Kawa Mawlayee, CONTACT follows investigators on their journey to find the evidence needed to prove that aliens have made contact with the human world. Taking a radical, new and comprehensive approach by bringing together millions of data points, credible eye-witness accounts and declassified government reports, investigators will for the first time begin piecing together empirical evidence that has the potential to solve a puzzle of galactic proportions. Whether it's declassified footage of fast-moving objects, patterns in social media sightings that coincide with seismic activity, or eyewitness accounts that connect to evidence from the past, the team of investigators leave no stone unturned. By using state-of-the-art technology paired with social media's unique ability to connect and share stories across the globe, investigators are able to gather intel and identify patterns like never before. From astrophysicists and journalists, to former Green Beret interrogators and professors, CONTACT's team of experts take viewers on a search for answers that is out of this world.

edit on 07pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

edit on 07pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2019 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Looking at the Spectrum blurb for tomorrow night's show, it says: "NEW (08/08/19) A team of experts use the latest science and cutting edge technology to investigate if extraterrestrial life has contacted humankind, and what they discover could reveal if there's an international conspiracy to cover it all up". The cast: Myke Cole, Michael Livingston, Sarah Cruddas, Nick Karnaze, Paul Beban.

Bah, humbug! "A team of experts..." No such people. "..latest science and cutting edge technology..." Doesn't exist because all they would have to work with are the tired ol' accounts, old films and photographs and videos. Nothing new there to investigate. Been there, done that. "...an international conspiracy to cover it all up". Who, what, when, where? The show sounds to me like the usual waste of time similar to "Ancient Aliens", searching for Bigfoot, etc. It's going to be totally boring especially with the named cast not one of them famous for anything connected with UFOlogy. I've never heard of them before.

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Just saw episode 1. rough outline follows

-First they talk about mike coles credentials,cia dia mia kia etc.

-they talk about aatip

-go on about fravor and say that they need to find someone who hasnt talked yet,they find kevin day radar operator

-hot hot hot hot geek enters the frame,Sarah Cruddas

-kevin day gives a rundown on the nimitz case,says there were 10?? targets

-says object had 1300gs?

-then they go on to show about weird sounds heard around the world??????????????? trying to tie it with the tic tac making no noise

-talk about ufos in florida in 2011,possible thread here

-Then they go to waynesboro and their only lead is a cave? or maybe their research led them there,ofc they enter for some spelunking

-they go on about how they unlocked a piece of the puzzle? which obviously i missed.

conclusion,next episode looks more interesting but if they first is anything to go by,i d rather watch paint dry,slowly

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Ok, so I liked this first episode, quite a bit actually. It does kind of have a "UFO Hunters" style to it, I would say, but I liked it. The first interviewee who saw the tic tacs, have seen him on a number of shows.Highly believable in my opinion. The sound incident was really interesting to me. Have heard of this type of phenomena before on many ufo themed sites and such. Don't recall hearing about this flap in 2011, nor the ufo's, but it sounded like quite the event up and down the east coast, and to end up in that small town in Virginia with its many ufo sightings over the past many decades as I recall them saying, interesting..

The possible tie in to the earthquake issues both there in Virginia as well as elsewhere, and ufo's, was intriguing to me. As I recall from seeing reading about the ufo/earthquake connections the theory is the ufo's are able to use/extract the energy given off by coming earthquakes, or the general thinking along that line......very interesting.

Next week does look good. I have seen the particular ufo video sighting in Mexico, before, and many times. It looks quite credible from my point of view.

I liked it so far.
edit on 08pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: insertion

posted on Aug, 8 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Here are some links:

The 2004 USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO Incident - Video analysis

“Tic Tac UFO” Document Dissected - Analysis of the Analysis

2004 USS Nimitz Tic Tac UFO FLIR footage (FLIR1)

If you expect me to provide a summary, not gonna happen.

Here's my summary of this whole TTSA/AATIP/"Three of the most unusual UFO videos" affair, if you are interested:

parabunk.blogspot.com...

I'm the author of that first video analysis you linked to, and my "Go Fast" analysis is linked to the above post.

In short, all those three videos have already been debunked. None of them show anything extraordinary, and all the key claims that have been made about them have already been shown to be false.

The visually observed Tic Tac probably didn't have anything to do with the target of the "tic-tac" FLIR video, which most likely is just another plane.

The video analyses that were linked on page 1 of this thread are based on false assumptions/trusting pilot misinterpretations of what they saw. They can't save those videos.

posted on Aug, 12 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Looking forward to episode #2 on Wed. night on Discovery. From the little I have seen about what its about, has something to do with Mexico and its government involvement in ufo sightings and the release of info about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Watched the 2nd episode and really enjoyed it. Was thoroughly entertained, esp. with a certain aspect of this show. I will summarize to be brief but the start of the show was on the continuation from the first episode about the high number of ufo's seen in areas of very large earthquakes. They focused on a small city in south Mexico where there had been a huge earthquake a few years back. They talked to a couple of witnesses who saw strange things/lights in the sky. One farmer also encountered an area in the Mexican jungle where there was a strange white gel which covered everything.....they also had two crew members who went into the jungle where some sightings had happened, and the team found a pretty large cave, in the cave there were many many pictographs, a lot.....

They then focused on Chile and its rich ufo sighting history. Chile also has had some really massive earthquakes going back for some time, and it has also had a very high number of ufo sightings too. They talked to a Chilean official who mentioned the many sightings during a time frame from around 2010 where there was a rather large earthquake. The Chilean official said there was one particular ufo sighting the public had not been aware of. He showed a video of an object that was picked up by helicopter radar. Was described as being cube shaped and it had two lights. IN the video it gave off what was described as some type of "wave" which you could see being emitted behind the object. No one, had ever seen anything like this. They estimated the temperature of the object to be about 700 degrees, which would rule out it being any aircraft. Some special Chilean committee which looks at aerial phenomena came to the conclusion that whatever this was, was NOT terrestrial. There was the show highlight. Wow.

They then jumped briefly into the Chicago O' Hare 2006 ufo sighting, and I thought maybe a segment was going to be done on this sighting, but it did not. They did show an image of the sighting, and there have been hardly anything that I have been able to find about any images of this O' Hare sighting.

They then focused on another Mexican ufo sighting, one I have seen many times and which looks totally credible of some lights moving through the clouds above Mexico from some years back.

Solid episode in my opinion. I may watch it again there was so much info and stuff being thrown at you.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It has been proven that the so called tic-tacs are nothing more than exhaust from the engines of another aircraft. Perspective makes it appear to be moving very fast. Otherwise I would consider it a hoax. The signatures were very hot because the camera was set to infrared and being looked at by rookie pilots.

Because trained pilots cant recognize exhaust, and trained radar techs dont know the difference?

When was the last time exhaust dropped from cruising altitude to a few feet above the oceans surface in a matter of seconds.

Not to mention there is live audio of the events as they happen from both the pilots and people monitoring on radar, so to say that its "fake" doesnt make sense, why would they stage operational radio in real time? That would be a huge violation and abuse of military equipment and personnel.

Im calling bs on this
edit on 15-8-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
Watched the 2nd episode and really enjoyed it. Was thoroughly entertained, esp. with a certain aspect of this show. I will summarize to be brief but the start of the show was on the continuation from the first episode about the high number of ufo's seen in areas of very large earthquakes. They focused on a small city in south Mexico where there had been a huge earthquake a few years back. They talked to a couple of witnesses who saw strange things/lights in the sky. One farmer also encountered an area in the Mexican jungle where there was a strange white gel which covered everything.....they also had two crew members who went into the jungle where some sightings had happened, and the team found a pretty large cave, in the cave there were many many pictographs, a lot.....

They then focused on Chile and its rich ufo sighting history. Chile also has had some really massive earthquakes going back for some time, and it has also had a very high number of ufo sightings too. They talked to a Chilean official who mentioned the many sightings during a time frame from around 2010 where there was a rather large earthquake. The Chilean official said there was one particular ufo sighting the public had not been aware of. He showed a video of an object that was picked up by helicopter radar. Was described as being cube shaped and it had two lights. IN the video it gave off what was described as some type of "wave" which you could see being emitted behind the object. No one, had ever seen anything like this. They estimated the temperature of the object to be about 700 degrees, which would rule out it being any aircraft. Some special Chilean committee which looks at aerial phenomena came to the conclusion that whatever this was, was NOT terrestrial. There was the show highlight. Wow.

They then jumped briefly into the Chicago O' Hare 2006 ufo sighting, and I thought maybe a segment was going to be done on this sighting, but it did not. They did show an image of the sighting, and there have been hardly anything that I have been able to find about any images of this O' Hare sighting.

They then focused on another Mexican ufo sighting, one I have seen many times and which looks totally credible of some lights moving through the clouds above Mexico from some years back.

Solid episode in my opinion. I may watch it again there was so much info and stuff being thrown at you.

Good review!

The 2nd episode was great. They covered a lot of ground and I look forward to next week.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Without seeing that episode, it sounds like your highlight was Flight IB6830, an Airbus A340:

www.metabunk.org...

Tells a lot about that show if they are still trying to sell that as a UFO and that's the best they got.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickless

Chilean officials confirmed there were NO FLIGHTS in the area at that time, besides as pointed out the temp. of the ufo was reported to be around 700 degrees. Chilean officials confirmed the ufo was not of a terrestrial nature.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Chilean officials confirmed there were NO FLIGHTS in the area at that time, besides as pointed out the temp. of the ufo was reported to be around 700 degrees. Chilean officials confirmed the ufo was not of a terrestrial nature.

If they actually made such claims, it's all bs. There were several known flights in the area, and even the radar data for that flight is available.

The insides of jet engines can actually be much hotter than that, but it doesn't really matter, since they can't really measure such temperature from that footage.

And if any officials could actually "confirm" something as not terrestrial, you would hear that from every news station there is, instead of some low quality UFO entertainment show.

posted on Aug, 15 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

your opinion since it seems everything can be fully explained as not being a ufo, and instead a bird, a plane or what, Superman I suppose?

edit on 15pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: typo

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join