It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump tells Dem congresswomen: Go back where you came from!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: shooterbrody

No dude, he said congresswomen should go back to where they're originally from. What makes it racist is that they are almost all US citizens (born here), so the country they should be going back to is the US (where they currently are) which is racist by way of inferring that because someone has an appearance of another ethnicity/race that they are thereby judged incorrectly (as Trump has just blatantly done by saying they should go back to their countries of origin).

lol
challenging someone to help those in their native country is racist?
mkay
whatever you say
you are the one "inferring" and no one else
go and fix it and come back and tell us how is in no way racist
nice try tho
trump escapes you keystone coppers again.....

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

some selective reading going on.....

I think you meant to link this in reference to your selective reading, "Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries..."

Please point out the racism in that remark.
I will wait.
Democrat? Clearly an insult, I wont argue that; Congresswomen shouldn't be an insult; origninally came from countries...when is the truth an insult?

Uh, the racism is the 'originally came from countries'.....

They didn't originally come from any country other than the US (except for Ilhan).

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

No dude, he said congresswomen should go back to where they're originally from. What makes it racist is that they are almost all US citizens (born here), so the country they should be going back to is the US (where they currently are) which is racist by way of inferring that because someone has an appearance of another ethnicity/race that they are thereby judged incorrectly (as Trump has just blatantly done by saying they should go back to their countries of origin).

lol
challenging someone to help those in their native country is racist?
mkay
whatever you say
you are the one "inferring" and no one else
go and fix it and come back and tell us how is in no way racist
nice try tho
trump escapes you keystone coppers again.....

I don't know what you're tying to say here. He's saying that Americans should go back and fix everything in the countries of their ancestral origin before trying to fix things here? Why isn't Trump in Germany trying to expand Trumpbrand over there instead of president here if he is the kind of man to follow his own directives?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'll add..
nowhere in the constitution do you see the word 'Democratic" or any other made up fictitious form of the sort.

example: Democratic Republic
Representative Democracy
Democracy

We are a Republic.. a Nation of laws

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

guess that depends on how you interpret "originally" now doesnt it?
We know how you are in this case.
Perhaps if he told them to stay there you may be able to persuade some, he did not.
He CLEARLY challenged them to do the peace corps thing and help their fellow humans, how you turned that into "racisim" I will never understand.
It simply is not.

Was it a smart challenge? Maybe not. Was it "racist" nope no way no how.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

guess that depends on how you interpret "originally" now doesnt it?
We know how you are in this case.
Perhaps if he told them to stay there you may be able to persuade some, he did not.
He CLEARLY challenged them to do the peace corps thing and help their fellow humans, how you turned that into "racisim" I will never understand.
It simply is not.

Was it a smart challenge? Maybe not. Was it "racist" nope no way no how.

They aren't immigrants, they're US citizens. Invalidating or recommending power be removed/shifted/reallocated from someone because of reasons relating to their race or racial background or racial homeland is textbook racism.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ps.
Seems we are back to complaining about trumps tweets......seems that is a good thing for trump, just like the days prior to the muller investigation.....

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It's little different than wondering why feminists who whine and cry about how unfair things are for women in the US don't go to countries where things are really unfair to women and crusade there before they come back here and keep attempting to "fix" everything.
edit on 15-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ps.
Seems we are back to complaining about trumps tweets......seems that is a good thing for trump, just like the days prior to the muller investigation.....

We're just bored people passing time bantering/arguing with each other. If it wasn't Trump's tweets it would be something else, assuredly.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Ps.

You want to know the best part? Pelosi is now caught in the middle. She's being attacked as a racist by the same twits she's having to defend from ORANGE MAN BAD.
edit on 15-7-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

How you got this....

Invalidating or recommending power be removed/shifted/reallocated from someone because of reasons relating to their race or racial background or racial homeland is textbook racism.

from this

Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly

I will never understand

he in no way removed anything from anyone
he just told them to put their money where their mouths are

sadly they wont
nice try tho

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's little different than wondering why feminists who whine and cry about how unfair things are for women in the US don't go to countries where things are really unfair to women and crusade there before they come back here and keep attempting to "fix" everything.

That's a defeatist attitude though. These women are US citizens, trying to make things better for themselves and their constituents. Because things are worse somewhere else in the world neither invalidates their actions nor means they are responsible for things in their ancestral homeland.
edit on 29pm19fpmMon, 15 Jul 2019 13:35:42 -0500America/ChicagoMon, 15 Jul 2019 13:35:42 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

How you got this....

Invalidating or recommending power be removed/shifted/reallocated from someone because of reasons relating to their race or racial background or racial homeland is textbook racism.

from this

Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly

I will never understand

he in no way removed anything from anyone
he just told them to put their money where their mouths are

sadly they wont
nice try tho

Then you are woefully avoiding the implications. Trump told these American women to go fix another country first (leave their jobs, get out of politics and get out of the country), and come back after they've fixed whatever problems Trump constructs. After they've done the impossible then they can come back with some good lessons learned and apply them to US politics.....

Or, for those with eyes to see and brains to parse :Go fix your race's homeland problems before trying to fix 'OUR' (sic. white folks) problems.

I mean, I can't even read that aloud without falling into a comic book villain trope...
edit on 29pm19fpmMon, 15 Jul 2019 13:40:35 -0500America/ChicagoMon, 15 Jul 2019 13:40:35 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thanks Trump.
You sealed the deal. Re-election gone but the chances of winning a re-election were already slim. He was only pandering to his base, a small percentage of America, so I was wondering how he would anyways but know no wondering how he is going to win but how big the loss is gonna be.

Will he brag about that loss, it was the yugest loss ever in mankind's history. lol

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Really? They are?

How?

By accusing the rest of the country of being racist? By accusing the rest of the country of running concentration camps?

That does not one bit of good for anyone in either Minnesota or New York.

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

A star for that!

As I said before my dude, Use some rational thinking and realize what/who he was talking about. He was clearly talking about Omar.

Why the extreme mental gymnastics? for ATS points, stars, or flags? You aren't winning any of those

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Really? They are?

How?

By accusing the rest of the country of being racist? By accusing the rest of the country of running concentration camps?

That does not one bit of good for anyone in either Minnesota or New York.

Yes, they are American citizens. Again, just because you don't agree with them doesn't change that fact.

link   
If some Aliens showed up today and said ape descendents go back to where you came from for turning this planet into a garbage dump, this is not the planet of the apes how would some feel

It's the same mentality reflected

link   

we simply have different interpretations of what he tweeted
I read it as a put up or shut up challenge
They won't accept
Doesn't mean it is racist
your milage may vary

but I didnt add anything to what he said

(leave their jobs, get out of politics and get out of the country)(sic. white folks)

perhaps that is the issue?

posted on Jul, 15 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild

A star for that!

As I said before my dude, Use some rational thinking and realize what/who he was talking about. He was clearly talking about Omar.

Why the extreme mental gymnastics? for ATS points, stars, or flags? You aren't winning any of those

Nobody is winning anything here, we're just shooting the # and wasting time because I assume most of us are just bored.

To reference your query, I didn't see him call out Omar specifically, so my inference was on the 4 ladies that have been firebrands since they took office last year. Perhaps I've missed some follow up tweet where he singles her out specifically (not that it changes my argument).

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join